Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chester Dontlie

Kasper taking the piss

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

How the **** did he not save that free kick?

It was almost straight down the middle.

It’s simple, hit the target with your free kick against kasper and it’s a goal.

its like is looses the ability to save anything if there is a wall in front of him.

if he has stood in the middle of the goal he would have just caught it at head height.

its about the 4th time this season so he needs to do something about it.

At the other end we never look like we are going to score from a direct free kick and if it on target the oppositions goal keeper just stands there and catches it!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

It’s simple, hit the target with your free kick against kasper and it’s a goal.

its like is looses the ability to save anything if there is a wall in front of him.

if he has stood in the middle of the goal he would have just caught it at head height.

its about the 4th time this season so he needs to do something about it.

At the other end we never look like we are going to score from a direct free kick and if it on target the oppositions goal keeper just stands there and catches it!

Exactly. Thats is a massive and obvious weakness.

Throw in that he can’t command his 6 yard box either and you can wonder why he plays every game. 

His is only strength is ‘one on ones’.

We simply don’t have a decent keeper at the club at the present time.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

Said it the other month, but we need a new goalkeeper - someone with better positioning and better distribution. Kasper has been at fault for many a goal this season yet he's always quick to put his arms up and blame someone else. I knew Mata would score that free kick, and it's not even a great free kick. If it's in the corner then maybe okay but it's straight down the middle. De Gea would have pushed it over with ease.

We need a new goalkeeper to either replace him or at least push him / good competition. It's comical we signed Jakupovic from Hull yet he doesn't even play in Cup games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a goalkeeper one mistake normally results in a goal where outfield players can do the same, give the ball away etc and not be penalised.

The only problem I have with Kasper is not so much his distribution but his ability to build and position a wall. Perhaps Claude should send him to night school for bricklaying!!

Happy Christmas!!

39 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Absolute nonsense. Yes he makes mistakes like any keeper does and direct free kicks appear to be his weakness. But how many times has he saved us and been MOM? More than I can remember.

He is still a top quality keeper IMO and lots of clubs would gladly take him off us.

What bit is nonsense?

He does not command the 6 yard box, and has been at fault for countless goals this season.

Im not saying he’s not made a save all season, but by the same token him making saves does not nullify the numerous goals he has costs with his poor goal keeping.

Last year he was fantastic in the round, this season he’s been very poor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

So much bollocks crammed into such a small post I honestly don't know where to begin with this. This is a new low, even for you lol

So he should not have saved that last night? 

He commands his six yard box does he?

Tis you who speak bollocks this Christmas Eve.

?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

Just now, jonthefox said:

I think we all saw that goal coming last night.

Too right, sat in the West Stand, I said to @Rushden fox, this will be a goal to Kasper's left, and got 'accused' of being a Red. I'm not, but it was inevitable. Good to meet lots of nice people, and to help shut the constant moaning up from the guy with the loud nasal bleat sat behind us.

• Like 2

I’ve just watched it again. Mata got it at a good height and I know he will have seen it late but that was saveable.

Good stop on Rashford when he was clean through but we need to look at how we’re setting up at free kicks.

20 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

So he should not have saved that last night? 

He commands his six yard box does he?

It is you who speak bollocks this Christmas Eve.

You say his only strengh is one v ones I say bollocks.

His other strengths are organising his defence (see all those tight 1-0's when we won the league). Shot stopping (see champions league, especially Copenhagen away). And finally leadership (see him geeing the players up after conceeding or telling them to focus after scoring and constantly encouraging, he is captain in all but name.

Also you say his only strength is one v ones like it's a small skill to have that is absolutely massive and keeper face a lot more one v ones than they do direct free kicks just outside the area.

Finally you say we don't have a decent keeper in the club I say complete bollocks we have the 6th or 7th best keeper in the league. Name me a keeper that you would want to replace him with that we could realistically get?

• Like 3

Baffling people want him gone. He’s not having the best of seasons, but he was our player of the season last year for a reason.. He’s got quality.

He hasn’t been through a bad patch with us since the championship. Now after all those years of winning us points people want him gone?

We need to keep him at club because not only is he a very good keeper, but he’s a leader in the dressing room, a presence, a character. The latter qualities are going to be very hard to replace. I hope Kasper stays here until he’s 40.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 4

Not at his best this season, and he obviously needs to put the graft in at the training ground on his positioning for free kicks.

His command of the area has improved massively, that used to be his main weakness. He still has the odd moment where he stays on his line, but he's worked on it over the last couple of years.

Anyway, if he didn't have these little faults, he wouldn't still be with us.

• Like 1