Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chester Dontlie

Kasper taking the piss

On 24/12/2017 at 15:53, GingerrrFox said:

He's a good keeper but his inability to save free kicks is becoming an issue. As long as it's on target it's a goal because he stands too far over and doesn't move his feet quick enough if it gets over the wall. 

He's good but not irreplaceable. To be honest; Pickford, Butland, Lossl and Pope would all improve us. I fancy us going for Lossl if Huddersfield end up going down either this season or next. 

We aren’t getting Pickford. Butland makes more howlers than Kasper. Lossl & Pope? Both are doing ok but again not at Kasper’s level. Pope was responsible for at least one goal against us and Lossl has had kicking howlers and has made mistakes this season for Huddersfield.

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not surprised you have come on here after a loss. You have always struck me as someone who would rather has his negative attitude towards players proved right then watch his team win.

I'l ask you for a 3rd and final time who would you sign who we could realisticaly get whose a improvement on kasper.

At present there are many better keepers in the PL than Kasper. 

I rate Butland and he would be a decent option, but weather he would come is another point matter. I note you have been persistent on this point; ie the imaginary world where I am in Rudkin’s position?

I suspect your raison d’être is to deflect from my original post which highlighted KS’s faults which continue to cost us points. Namely, he doesn’t command his 6 yard box; that’s been a constant from day one. (That’s to a greater or lesser extent responsible for the amount of goals we are conceding from corners)

And his new found lack of ability to save shots from range. He should have saved the Mata free kick which crossed the goal lined virtually down the middle. There have been many shots he has faced this season which he could and should have saved which he has not.

Your argument opposing that view has no base in fact this season, and has less weight with every game that passes.

You also could not be more wrong with your perception of my attitude towards our team winning.

And finally .... you are welcome for the New Year good wishes I passed on to you in my previous post.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

11 hours ago, Donut said:

A small point to pick you up on...

On the mata free kick he did NOT dive with the wrong arm.

A goalkeeper in this scenario (ball going high to the left) has more reach with his RIGHT hand due to his body shape as he dives.

Vice versa youd go with your left hand high right.

If youd have kept before, youd be taught that (or should be).

I can’t agree with this.

There is more reach with the left arm if the ball is going to the keeper’s left.

Stand facing forward and see which arm has the greater reach when you move them to your left; you will find it is the left arm by a pretty significant margin. To be exact it’s the distance between the shoulders! 

If Kasper’s right hand has a longer reach than his left under these circumstances then his technique is totally at fault and his body shape is wrong to get his most extended reach.

Aside from his positioning on this occasion, using his left hand he should have saved it.

44 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I can’t agree with this.

There is more reach with the left arm if the ball is going to the keeper’s left.

Stand facing forward and see which arm has the greater reach when you move them to your left; you will find it is the left arm by a pretty significant margin. To be exact it’s the distance between the shoulders! 

If Kasper’s right hand has a longer reach than his left under these circumstances then his technique is totally at fault and his body shape is wrong to get his most extended reach.

Aside from his positioning on this occasion, using his left hand he should have saved it.

He's not standing up though is he - he's almost horizontal. Try it lying down and imagine catching something above your head.

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I can’t agree with this.

Try this small experiment.

Stand up straight, then lean your upper body over to the left as much as your flexibility allows. But so you are leaning over.

Your left arm is now underneath your right.

Without twisting your body back upright, which arm can you reach higher towards the ceiling?

Try this 

Lean backwards as far as yoy can

Slowly bend your knees so that your back and head go down thru the horizontal. 

Now relax your buttocks 

Bend your  neck back so your head moves up between your buttocks. 

Now topple backwards so that as you hit the floor your weight pushes your buttocks down over you ears and your head penetrates your anus.

There..  you have mastered  "the john moss"

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 2

On 27/12/2017 at 13:01, turtmcfly said:

He's not standing up though is he - he's almost horizontal. Try it lying down and imagine catching something above your head.

I understand he’s not standing up ?

We are not talking about laying down or catching things above our head.

The dive in question required a dive with a one handed save high and to the left.

The limb with the longest reach to is the left arm and this is what should have been used.

Were you pissed when you wrote your response? 

On 27/12/2017 at 16:03, Donut said:

Try this small experiment.

Stand up straight, then lean your upper body over to the left as much as your flexibility allows. But so you are leaning over.

Your left arm is now underneath your right.

Without twisting your body back upright, which arm can you reach higher towards the ceiling?

Please see my reply to turtmcfly above.

DIVING HIGH AND TO THE LEFT; THE LEFT HAND SHOULD BE USED AS IT OFFERS THE LONGEST REACH.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I understand he’s not standing up ?

We are not talking about laying down or catching things above our head.

The dive in question required a dive with a one handed save high and to the right.

The limb with the longest reach to is the left arm and this is what should have been used.

Were you pissed when you wrote your response? 

If you understand we're not talking about standing up, why suggest we 'Stand facing forward and see which arm has the greater reach'?

May I say in general I find you to be irritatingly dismissive of others on this forum? That combined with your persistent negativity gives you the air of a petulant baby-man, who's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

Back to the save... there's a lot of debate about which hand generally to go with (e.g. https://www.keeperportal.co.uk/top-bottom-hand-top-corner-saves/). The key point is the bottom hand had better reach if the need for horizontal distance is more pressing, while the top hand is better to gain vertical distance. If there's nothing in it, it comes down to personal preference/instinct.

Kasper seems to have seen this shot late which left him with a ball 'above the line of his body', and he's also rotated slightly forward. His right hand was his best option. You could argue he should have been in a better position in the first place. But you didn't.

On 12/24/2017 at 10:10, HighPeakFox said:

Too right, sat in the West Stand, I said to @Rushden fox, this will be a goal to Kasper's left, and got 'accused' of being a Red. I'm not, but it was inevitable. Good to meet lots of nice people, and to help shut the constant moaning up from the guy with the loud nasal bleat sat behind us.

Can you record him next time and share with us?

i have it going through my head about what someone is shouting with a loud nasal bleat.

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Please see my reply to turtmcfly above.

DIVING HIGH AND TO THE LEFT; THE LEFT HAND SHOULD BE USED AS IT OFFERS THE LONGEST REACH.

Says you, who id doubt are a goalkeeper.

Did you read the link in this thread? The top hand gives greater aerial reach. It was a high save. Aerial = high.

Why start petty arguments over everything when the vast majority of keepers in this situation will dive and be coached to dive with their top hand?

The geometry of his body is tilted onto the side. He is effectively lying down, at an angle, in mid air.

Standing up straight has no relevance to the example. The ball is above his body.

Edited by Donut

20 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

If you understand we're not talking about standing up, why suggest we 'Stand facing forward and see which arm has the greater reach'?

May I say in general I find you to be irritatingly dismissive of others on this forum? That combined with your persistent negativity gives you the air of a petulant baby-man, who's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

Back to the save... there's a lot of debate about which hand generally to go with (e.g. https://www.keeperportal.co.uk/top-bottom-hand-top-corner-saves/). The key point is the bottom hand had better reach if the need for horizontal distance is more pressing, while the top hand is better to gain vertical distance. If there's nothing in it, it comes down to personal preference/instinct.

Kasper seems to have seen this shot late which left him with a ball 'above the line of his body', and he's also rotated slightly forward. His right hand was his best option. You could argue he should have been in a better position in the first place. But you didn't.

Okay ?

Baby- man that’s a new one.

The example given of standing up was just that; an example. I didn’t expect you to start throwing yourself around the living room to prove a point on this forum.

The body whether standing up, flying at 45 degrees through the air or flat on the floor has more reach with the arm nearest the objective.

I do think that you are over complicating things, and ending up with the incorrect conclusion.

I apologise for suggesting these points that clearly upset the “positive majority” on this forum; I will now rectify that as below.

1. Kasper has been in great form this season; he had no chance of saving the Mata free kick. 

2. We have great backup keepers.

3. It always best to pick players regardless of form

4. Kasper is great and commanding his 6 yard box and no goals are conceded as a result.

5. If a shot goes to the keepers left the best reach is with his right ? 

19 hours ago, Donut said:

Says you, who id doubt are a goalkeeper.

Did you read the link in this thread? The top hand gives greater aerial reach. It was a high save. Aerial = high.

Why start petty arguments over everything when the vast majority of keepers in this situation will dive and be coached to dive with their top hand?

The geometry of his body is tilted onto the side. He is effectively lying down, at an angle, in mid air.

Standing up straight has no relevance to the example. The ball is above his body.

?

You argue the right hand should have been used I disagree with that and to view used in that the ‘link’.

Many coaching manuals share

my view.

On 24/12/2017 at 12:51, Alf Bentley said:

I wonder what the story is with Jakupovic? Has he had injury problems or something?

He'd been getting lots of PL time with Hull and looked good when I saw him. When we signed him, I assumed that he was to be "the competition" for Kasper.

Instead, he's not even making the bench and is behind Hamer, who has looked pretty average when I've seen him.

imo Jakupovic just isn't very good. Capable of pulling off a worldlie on his day but massively inconsistent, very mistake-prone and was never good enough to solidify a first team place at Hull. About as useful and reliable as Schwarzer. I think a lot of those excited by us signing him had only watched him in that Arsenal match as he was far from impressive in the Hull games I saw...

On 24/12/2017 at 11:03, Blue Fox 72 said:

See reply from @The whole world smileswho more or less echoes my thoughts.

No player is beyond constructive criticism and Kasper will know himself that he should have saved the free kick as he is probably his own harshest critic.

For you to say he's not a decent keeper is nonsense.

On CURRENT FORM he is not decent he’s been poor this season.

The way to run a squad is that those out of form need dropping; our problem is are the understudies good enough? 

There should be viable alternative on the books and I’m not sure there is one.

2 hours ago, lfu said:

imo Jakupovic just isn't very good. Capable of pulling off a worldlie on his day but massively inconsistent, very mistake-prone and was never good enough to solidify a first team place at Hull. About as useful and reliable as Schwarzer. I think a lot of those excited by us signing him had only watched him in that Arsenal match as he was far from impressive in the Hull games I saw...

Admittedly, I only rarely saw Jakupovic play live plus highlights, so not enough info to make a proper judgment - although he did play 20-odd PL matches for Hull last season.

If you're right that he's mistake-prone and inconsistent, that begs the question as to why we bought him - and paid a fee for him. He hasn't even played for us in the Cups.

If we were just after a third-choice keeper, we could have had a young bloke with potential, who could have gone on short-term loans with a recall option and maybe eventually come into contention, or at least been sold on for a small fee.

At the moment, Jakupovic looks like an utterly pointless signing.....maybe there's something I don't know. Maybe his fitness or attitude have been an issue or something? It's a strange one.

Kasper's fine, though, despite his weakness on direct free-kicks.

If he ever leaves or gets a long-term injury, though, I'd want to see someone better than Hamer come in.

On 27/12/2017 at 09:59, NotTheMarketLeader said:

At present there are many better keepers in the PL than Kasper. 

I rate Butland and he would be a decent option, but weather he would come is another point matter. I note you have been persistent on this point; ie the imaginary world where I am in Rudkin’s position?

I suspect your raison d’être is to deflect from my original post which highlighted KS’s faults which continue to cost us points. Namely, he doesn’t command his 6 yard box; that’s been a constant from day one. (That’s to a greater or lesser extent responsible for the amount of goals we are conceding from corners)

And his new found lack of ability to save shots from range. He should have saved the Mata free kick which crossed the goal lined virtually down the middle. There have been many shots he has faced this season which he could and should have saved which he has not.

Your argument opposing that view has no base in fact this season, and has less weight with every game that passes.

You also could not be more wrong with your perception of my attitude towards our team winning.

And finally .... you are welcome for the New Year good wishes I passed on to you in my previous post.

There are MANY better keepers in the PL? Seriously? There are a handful at bigger clubs than ours but seriously that’s a sweeping statement backed up by one example - Butland, who isn’t even an improvement on KS. Ask a Stoke fan. He’s prone to a howler too. 

You put put down arguments that you state aren’t based on facts then you do the same. Focusing on the points that back up your theory. Most KS fans would accept that A. He’s made some mistakes this year, that B. He’s not been quite at the very highest standard he has attained in the past but also that C. Despite this he has still saved us on umpteen occasions this season and on balance, he is by far the best man at the club to be our number one. Also D. There are no obvious candidates that are actually definitely overall better goalkeepers than him that would also come to LCFC. Butland isn’t better but he wouldn’t leave Stoke for us anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Admittedly, I only rarely saw Jakupovic play live plus highlights, so not enough info to make a proper judgment - although he did play 20-odd PL matches for Hull last season.

If you're right that he's mistake-prone and inconsistent, that begs the question as to why we bought him - and paid a fee for him. He hasn't even played for us in the Cups.

If we were just after a third-choice keeper, we could have had a young bloke with potential, who could have gone on short-term loans with a recall option and maybe eventually come into contention, or at least been sold on for a small fee.

At the moment, Jakupovic looks like an utterly pointless signing.....maybe there's something I don't know. Maybe his fitness or attitude have been an issue or something? It's a strange one.

Kasper's fine, though, despite his weakness on direct free-kicks.

If he ever leaves or gets a long-term injury, though, I'd want to see someone better than Hamer come in.

Jakupovic isn’t a pointless signing. He’s an experienced keeper so if there are injuries to KS and BH we still have a premiership keeper as 3rd choice back up. Makes sense to me? 

20 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

There are MANY better keepers in the PL? Seriously? There are a handful at bigger clubs than ours but seriously that’s a sweeping statement backed up by one example - Butland, who isn’t even an improvement on KS. Ask a Stoke fan. He’s prone to a howler too. 

You put put down arguments that you state aren’t based on facts then you do the same. Focusing on the points that back up your theory. Most KS fans would accept that A. He’s made some mistakes this year, that B. He’s not been quite at the very highest standard he has attained in the past but also that C. Despite this he has still saved us on umpteen occasions this season and on balance, he is by far the best man at the club to be our number one. Also D. There are no obvious candidates that are actually definitely overall better goalkeepers than him that would also come to LCFC. Butland isn’t better but he wouldn’t leave Stoke for us anyway.  

On current form yes their are better keepers. ie this season.

He was great for the previous two seasons, not so this.

Him making saves this season is hardly a defence for not commanding the box and not making saves he should do from distance.

I can’t understand why it’s so upsetting for people when someone on here is critical of a player’s continued under performance.

a. We agree then 

b. We agree then 

c. See third paragraph above 

d. You might be right on that one to the extent nobody better may want to come here, but imo it’s really poor that nobody in the squad can replace him when he’s ‘not at his best’ or as I would say is playing poorly.

Just for clarity I’m not one to make a meal out of the Watford winner, I think that was one of those things, but his lack of ability to command the six yard box (I think this is a factor  regarding conceding from dead ball situations) and his failure to make saves from distance has been a problem.

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Jakupovic isn’t a pointless signing. He’s an experienced keeper so if there are injuries to KS and BH we still have a premiership keeper as 3rd choice back up. Makes sense to me? 

I didn't see it as a pointless signing when we bought him. I'd liked what little I'd seen of him at Hull and liked the idea of some decent competition for Kasper - not expecting him to be 3rd choice behind Hamer.

I see your point that it can be useful to have an experienced, reliable if limited keeper available in emergencies. But if Ifu is right and he's inconsistent and mistake-prone, though capable of great saves, his experience isn't worth much - a young keeper with potential could offer that. The fact he cannot get on the bench ahead of Hamer doesn't suggest he's highly rated at the club, for whatever reason.

It's all opinion, anyway, and I'd hope that the club's recruitment staff know what they're doing better than a bunch of amateurs like us, of course.