Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

3 hours ago, french flair said:

I remain convinced that if the board, the fans, continue to support it, the Foxes will integrate the big oven, which will become the big five

Mon ami, did you mean "big seven", or did something get lost in translation?

BigOven.JPG.941a272b57a8c2e1820a17571cbc4a2e.JPG

• Haha 1

Regarding Puel’s passion he has shown it at times. He was giving it some against Southampton when we battered them and I’ve often seen him very vocally talk to our players. Yesterday after going down to 10 men, Kasper kicked the ball straight out of play and Puel was audibly furious because he had just given the ball away when we needed to hold on. 

That said MON and Ranieri were better in passion department. In fact when we won the title Ranieri was the don. He had the press wrapped round his little finger and I’ll never forget versus Newcastle when he gestured the crowd to make some noise to help the players get through the game. 

• Like 1

I couldn't care less for the press conferences (I saw one interview with CP and it was enough lol). Even the most entartaining ones tell you little about what people really think and what's going on behind the scenes. As much as I loved Ranieri feeding press from his hand one has to remember everyone loves a winner. Of course CR was naturally charismatic but after all what matters most is the results, manager's vision and tactical ability and in that regard Puel is looking very decent so far. I appreciate his tactical flexibility that's for sure, after so many months of 4-4-2 diet served by Ranners and Shakey lol

Obviously the guy looks a bit neurotic especially when you see him biting his fingers on the edge of the seat but at least he doesn't have this 'eternally constipated' expression Wenger has :) It's nice to see a manager on the touchline, directing his players, but many tend to overdo it. They stand there all the time, shouting out, gesturing and complaining to referees about every single thing that doesnt go their way (Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho, Conte etc), in the end they succeed without a doubt in one thing - being annoying. I'm perfectly fine with our passionless, "boring" Puel, as long as what we display on the pitch is remote from boring and passionless and he doesn't tell supersized porkies.

I don't ever fall in love with managers but seeing games like the Chelsea away one is I think as close as it can be to have butterflies in your stomach. It was an inspired performance masterfully directed by Puel and I loved seeing Conte having a fit whole game lol (only that knob of a ref saved them from further embarassment). What more could you possibly ask. Few months ago we were lower table team flirting with relegation zone (18th place when the owners decided enough is enough), now we look proper upper table and there's even a talk of Europe. All credit to boring Puel and his puelball (which isn't so boring in the end!) Now to overtake Burnley in the table and top 7 is a reality. And to have a proper go at the cup. Happy days again

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Hes giving them, the trust, a solid platform of game sense, and an injection of confidence and team self-belief.

More ever, a new future to play for....

That's one optimistic take, but I find myself agreeing.  Add in the improved tactics and his abiility to transfer them into the squad's play.  He's a keeper.

• Like 1

I'm falling in love with the bloke. When we've played well under we've been an absolute joy to watch. We have a clear vision of where he wants to take the club. Ok there have been some dodgy performances but we look miles better than we were a few months ago. Allez le Claude!

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, french flair said:

Hello,

I am pleasantly surprised to see so much kindness towards Claude.
As I already said, he is one of our best coaches, he is a builder, someone who wants to have an eye on training, one of the few to give young people a chance, I sincerely think he found the right club to come true.
Tonight against Chelsea, he did his job, superbly, with strong choices and already a game project in place. I remain convinced that if the board, the fans, continue to support it, the Foxes will integrate the big oven, which will become the big five

Puel is clearly an exceedingly capable manager, and we are fortunate he was available and agreed to come to Leicester. He has improved our players enormously already, even the older ones. Yesterday was pure pleasure watching my team execute in the face of a more talented side, and show itself the more dominant and cohesive unit. Chelsea fans can make excuses, but we played well, we played an attractive brand of football, and we were relatively untroubled defensively. Idk what more you could ask for, his last team were fools to let him go. 

14 hours ago, KingsX said:

Mon ami, did you mean "big seven", or did something get lost in translation?

BigOven.JPG.941a272b57a8c2e1820a17571cbc4a2e.JPG

He means the big four (the french word 'four' means oven in english, obviously... mon ami.)

Edited by yag101
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, french flair said:

Hello,

I am pleasantly surprised to see so much kindness towards Claude.
As I already said, he is one of our best coaches, he is a builder, someone who wants to have an eye on training, one of the few to give young people a chance, I sincerely think he found the right club to come true.
Tonight against Chelsea, he did his job, superbly, with strong choices and already a game project in place. I remain convinced that if the board, the fans, continue to support it, the Foxes will integrate the big oven, which will become the big five

Are you any relation to Ric?

• Like 2

Bless Claude, he has really given us a direction, although it is very much a work in progress. Perhaps our French contingent could tell us how he comes across in French, does he come across in the same way?

If he does we are laughing, because then  no one would employ him as a raconteur, so he must have something else he brings to the table.

All the signs of a quality appointment, kudos to the man and club.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

I'm still unsure of how he wants us to play. We seem to kill momentum in fear of losong the ball at times. Which I guess is part of the transistion. But I'm not keen on the way we are striking the ball around without much purpose. I understand the value in keeping possession, I just hooe it doesn't stifle the flare and counter attacking style that won us the league. 

I still for the life of me cant work out why we are/ were unable to return to the high pressure, high intensity pressing with direct counter attacking football that won the league. It's almost like we became unfit over the summer and lost belief in what made us so successful. 

Just now, Foxhateram said:

I'm still unsure of how he wants us to play. We seem to kill momentum in fear of losong the ball at times. Which I guess is part of the transistion. But I'm not keen on the way we are striking the ball around without much purpose. I understand the value in keeping possession, I just hooe it doesn't stifle the flare and counter attacking style that won us the league. 

I still for the life of me cant work out why we are/ were unable to return to the high pressure, high intensity pressing with direct counter attacking football that won the league. It's almost like we became unfit over the summer and lost belief in what made us so successful. 

Without much purpose? We had more shots against Chelsea in that first half than anyone has managed in something like 15 years.

• Like 2