Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

Just now, Babylon said:

Without much purpose? We had more shots against Chelsea in that first half than anyone has managed in something like 15 years.

And we played that front foot, in your face pressing as well. But I do know what he's saying, we have games where we don't seem to do that at all which is odd as it's what we are exceptional at. 

5 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I'm still unsure of how he wants us to play. We seem to kill momentum in fear of losong the ball at times. Which I guess is part of the transistion. But I'm not keen on the way we are striking the ball around without much purpose. I understand the value in keeping possession, I just hooe it doesn't stifle the flare and counter attacking style that won us the league. 

I still for the life of me cant work out why we are/ were unable to return to the high pressure, high intensity pressing with direct counter attacking football that won the league. It's almost like we became unfit over the summer and lost belief in what made us so successful. 

I thought the balance in our play was right Saturday, but have to admit at times we was a bit slow to counter, that said, a bit of quality around the box, with the chances we created, it should have been a comfortable win against last seasons champions 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Without much purpose? We had more shots against Chelsea in that first half than anyone has managed in something like 15 years.

I am talking in general here. Not just the Chelsea game.

At times I just feel like our attacks are very laboured. There were a few yesterday as well, we bombed up the pitch to half way into their half and then passed it back and then back to the keeper, it got a few ironic jeers from the Chelsea supporters as it happened quite a few times in a space of about 10 minutes. If Mahrez makes space, I want to see Amartey bombing on to continue the attack, I don't want to see us play it back to Amartey in the RB position and then kill it completely with a pass to Kasper. 

I want us to continue 'our game' as I love that style so much, it is entertaining and effective. I do completely respect Puel's vision and I think it will be effective for us in time. But it just doesn't quite feel like the 'Leicester way'. It's not quite as magical. 

It's hard to explain. I just don't enjoy watching us play this new style as much. But I do like the fact our results have improved. Hard to get the balance.

14 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

At times I just feel like our attacks are very laboured. There were a few yesterday as well, we bombed up the pitch to half way into their half and then passed it back and then back to the keeper, it got a few ironic jeers from the Chelsea supporters as it happened quite a few times in a space of about 10 minutes. If Mahrez makes space, I want to see Amartey bombing on to continue the attack, I don't want to see us play it back to Amartey in the RB position and then kill it completely with a pass to Kasper. 

I want us to continue 'our game' as I love that style so much, it is entertaining and effective. I do completely respect Puel's vision and I think it will be effective for us in time. But it just doesn't quite feel like the 'Leicester way'. It's not quite as magical. 

It's hard to explain. I just don't enjoy watching us play this new style as much. But I do like the fact our results have improved. Hard to get the balance.

Well in general we've scored more goals than anyone but the big six and a huge number of our goals have still come from fast counters.

You can't play like that ALL the time, it should be another string to our bow and us being comfortable with the ball means we give the opposition less of it, which means they have less chance to hurt you.

There were probably more fast counters in that game as there were in our title season, difference is it was interspersed with us passing the ball about rather than giving the oppo 70% possession and is defending most of the game.

We had a tough Christmas, we have less time between games than any other team and it was clearly a struggle. We look a different team again now we have come out of it, just like we did before Christmas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well in general we've scored more goals than anyone but the big six and a huge number of our goals have still come from fast counters.

You can't play like that ALL the time, it should be another string to our bow and us being comfortable with the ball means we give the opposition less of it, which means they have less chance to hurt you.

There were probably more fast counters in that game as there were in our title season, difference is it was interspersed with us passing the ball about rather than giving the oppo 70% possession and is defending most of the game.

We had a tough Christmas, we have less time between games than any other team and it was clearly a struggle. We look a different team again now we have come out of it, just like we did before Christmas.

I'm not disagreeing at all. Your points are all relevant. I just quite like the way we soaked up pressure and then hit fast and hard ?. 

Just going to take a lot of getting used to, seeing us have more possession and more sideways passing across the back 4. As long as we do keep doing what we do best, in a mix with the possession based game then that's fine, but i do hope Puel doesn't envisage us becoming a possession based team, like his Southampton or an Arsenal/ England style of play, because quite frankly, it bores me to death. 

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The is the problem with ‘the Leicester way’ just like the West Ham way or the Derby way, if you let a style define you and don’t evolve, you get stuck. You become predictable and completely stuck in the past. The title winning season was magnificent and something we will never forget but we shouldn’t let it define us or it will forever hold us back.

Well said!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I'm still unsure of how he wants us to play. We seem to kill momentum in fear of losong the ball at times. Which I guess is part of the transistion. But I'm not keen on the way we are striking the ball around without much purpose. I understand the value in keeping possession, I just hooe it doesn't stifle the flare and counter attacking style that won us the league. 

I still for the life of me cant work out why we are/ were unable to return to the high pressure, high intensity pressing with direct counter attacking football that won the league. It's almost like we became unfit over the summer and lost belief in what made us so successful. 

Evolution in style for the better.

Not to take anything away from the title win but being dominated in games and continually trying to pinch results is unsustainable if we want to be a serious club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Ffs weve been laboured for 2 years, After 10yrs bloody too conservative...You come with your liberal ideas, that show you have

No idea what you really want..then UKIP, our trials and Tribulations into the Green bin.

• Haha 2

Mr Puel is quietly going about his business, I say lets hold back on the easy neg-shots.

Lets see how the 'quiet one'..can develope and rebuild our team, that was losing its way.

This season is far from over, so we might see evenmore twists and turns,, if the graph keeps

and upward tendency, thats success.Lets see if he can ease  confidence, into our fringe players,

and keep us on tact for a good cup run, and a chance of reaching our highest ever PL position after the

title season...

Hes with the coaching staff have turned us around, that is an achievment within itself...

you lot to a man were shitting yourselves...hes cured your diahorea, but you are still hemorrhoiden

negatives...

You are all still awfull....but nice,

thankfully its your female counterpsrts that keep this forum on the sane side....

Not all of you can be wise and clever, or compete against my genius, but you are slowly improving...:rolleyes:

Puel is cool, hes on the right track....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

The is the problem with ‘the Leicester way’ just like the West Ham way or the Derby way, if you let a style define you and don’t evolve, you get stuck. You become predictable and completely stuck in the past. The title winning season was magnificent and something we will never forget but we shouldn’t let it define us or it will forever hold us back.

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

'The Leicester way' had me well and truly cringing, I hope we never turn into 1 of those clubs like West Ham who go on about 'their way'

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I totally agree, it gains you nothing as a club.

"The Leicester Way" I dislike. Spurs have "the Tottenham Way" and it's achieved them very, very little. And I hate Tottenham. I hate. Them.

However, I absolutely love it when a commentator says "That is Classic Leicester" - mainly because you don't hear it all the time, but also because when you do hear it, you know instantly what it refers to. Not a style of play that we've tried to play for decades and achieved bugger all with it. But of that one season. 2015/16. Where the planets aligned and we won the fcking Premier League. One very special style of play: REGAIN-->ASSESS-->RELEASE-->GOAL.

You go back instantly, to Kante winning the ball, Drinkwater assessing the situation, then releasing it to Vardy, to score.

You go back to Vardy smashing Van Nisterooy's record, his 30 yarder against Liverpool, to Mahrez's stunner at the Etihad.

To Wes Morgan and Claudio Ranieri, lifting the Premier League Trophy.

Classic Leicester.

We've invoked that recently - Gray-->Mahrez-->Vardy against Everton; Vardy-->Ndidi-->Mahrez-->Vardy against Man Utd; Mahrez-->Slimani vs Huddersfield.

It's not every so often you hear it, but that's fine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Soak up pressure? We did that well for one season, it's not really worked since - sitting deep is fine for some periods in games but going into a game like that with our side just sees us penned it and we struggle to transition. We eventually concede and then have to chase the game anyway so it makes sense for us to be slightly more aggressive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

"The Leicester Way" I dislike. Spurs have "the Tottenham Way" and it's achieved them very, very little. And I hate Tottenham. I hate. Them.

However, I absolutely love it when a commentator says "That is Classic Leicester" - mainly because you don't hear it all the time, but also because when you do hear it, you know instantly what it refers to. Not a style of play that we've tried to play for decades and achieved bugger all with it. But of that one season. 2015/16. Where the planets aligned and we won the fcking Premier League. One very special style of play: REGAIN-->ASSESS-->RELEASE-->GOAL.

You go back instantly, to Kante winning the ball, Drinkwater assessing the situation, then releasing it to Vardy, to score.

You go back to Vardy smashing Van Nisterooy's record, his 30 yarder against Liverpool, to Mahrez's stunner at the Etihad.

To Wes Morgan and Claudio Ranieri, lifting the Premier League Trophy.

Classic Leicester.

We've invoked that recently - Gray-->Mahrez-->Vardy against Everton; Vardy-->Ndidi-->Mahrez-->Vardy against Man Utd; Mahrez-->Slimani vs Huddersfield.

It's not every so often you hear it, but that's fine. 

I agree. I get joy from it when they say "Classic Leicester" as you know it is truly a classic Leicester goal, like the goals against Everton and Man Utd. 

I'm glad we are evolving though and not letting 1 style define us.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I'm not disagreeing at all. Your points are all relevant. I just quite like the way we soaked up pressure and then hit fast and hard ?. 

Just going to take a lot of getting used to, seeing us have more possession and more sideways passing across the back 4. As long as we do keep doing what we do best, in a mix with the possession based game then that's fine, but i do hope Puel doesn't envisage us becoming a possession based team, like his Southampton or an Arsenal/ England style of play, because quite frankly, it bores me to death. 

Southampton didn’t have the ability to switch from possession to counter attack like we do. I’d rather have possession than the opposition have it, but when they do have a spell of it, we can still hurt them. 

• Like 1

Hahaha I've been ripped apart here :nigel:

I would like to clarify that I am not dismissing the evolution (?) We're glong through. In fact I think it will gain us success. I just want us to ensure that we continue with a balance of the old with the new. I don't want to see long spells of tippy tappy football that just keeps possession rather than creating chances. For a majority of the Chelsea game, we got it right.

But against wesker teams, playing it around at the back will just see them park the bus and we will struggle to find space for Vardy and Mahrez. That's where we have to allow the opposition more possession in order to hit them quickly while the space is still available. 

I know we haven't played well for 2 years. I get that, but as stated previously, we seemed to ditch what we did in 15/16 immediately the following season. Tried to be possession based, sat back more, stopped pressing high up the ptich, fluffed it up, lost our way and became a hoofball team. From which we bumbled around not really knowing how to play. 

Puel seems switched on, he seems like he has a plan. And I look forward to seeing how this all turns out. I just don't want to lose that exciting counter attacking football. It's just too tasty to lose. ;)

• Like 1