Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

I recall thinking / saying that Appleton and Puel looked like kindred spirits or something akin to that early on after his appointment. Obviously, this was based mainly on appearances and their demeanor around each other - not on the results that we've seen since then - but it does seem like they've got on well. I have to think that Appleton has benefited from the experience.

Edited by UPinCarolina

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Ha ha ha, I meant it in the concurring  context lol

I’m sure I’ve been saying for a while that Puel is ‘our thinking man’.

You’re about two weeks late mate.

lol

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m sure I’ve been saying for a while that Puel is ‘our thinking man’.

You’re about two weeks late mate.

lol

You really are the fvcking Daddy of FT mate :D

• Like 1

On 16/12/2017 at 14:36, Col city fan said:

Really surprised at Puel today.

I've been well impressed at his ability to tactically work us through games, but today he (and the players were inept).

I don't exaggerate. We could see that we weren't in that game after about ten mins, yet Puel did nothing to change it up and to get us into a position to challenge. 

That actually was awful today. We were beat in terms of effort and Hodgson, though I hate to say it, set Palace up superbly.

Another supportive one highlighting his thinking mate,  CBA to try and find when you realised we have a good manager lol

Ps I know you're going to tell me you were being balanced and subjective, I say mind them splinters! lol

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Appleton speaks well, it was weird some on here decided they didn't like him - without reason, really.

That presenter is quite good as well, never seen him on anything before but I'd expect him to get some bigger gigs.

6 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Long may he continue to be boring as fvck in press conferences and trot out the same monotonous answers after games.

Here's to many years of him going under the radar and gradually improving the team without any controversy and drama.

Agreed!

At the same time, I can see how Southampton fans were utterly frustrated by Puel's post-match comments when results weren't going their way.  His calmness likely worked against him there, not being able to continue despite finishing last season with respectable results. 

I'm praying that the same thing won't be repeated here.  Thought I'd mention this while we're earning those 3 points with clean sheets and inching up the table.

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol I was wondering which way to read that. 

Yeah, I was having a laugh mate. Seems like a good guy. 

I like how relaxed him and Puel look around each other and how Claude seems to be constantly in his ear (in a good way), it shows a lot of respect from Puel towards Appleton.  

Edited by Leeds Fox

12 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Yeah, I was having a laugh mate. Seems like a good guy. 

I like how relaxed him and Puel look around each other and how Claude seems to be constantly in his ear (in a good way), it shows a lot of respect from Puel towards Appleton.  

If I had have been more on the ball I'd have whipped up a nice Photoshop haha.

For someone who looks like a bouncer/hit man he seems like a top guy.

• Haha 2