Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

1 hour ago, srex9 said:

I don't know why Southampton fans and others disliked him and said he was boring. I love his quiet, intelligent and smooth style. Strikes me as a very shrewd operator. Sly as a fox Claude 

It's because he doesn't run up and down the touchline. Conte does this and the media love him and call it "passion".

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's because he doesn't run up and down the touchline. Conte does this and the media love him and call it "passion".

Honestly can't stand Conte and his faux "passion" same for klopp (possibly because I was based in a Dortmund supporting town why he had them at his best) 

1 hour ago, srex9 said:

I don't know why Southampton fans and others disliked him and said he was boring. I love his quiet, intelligent and smooth style. Strikes me as a very shrewd operator. Sly as a fox Claude 

Let's see if this mellow appreciation can survive a run of two or three defeats :cool:

• Like 2

Puel's never going to be one of those who goes running up the touchline all game or giving a controversial comment in the interviews but it doesn't really matter. Seems very focused on the footballing side of things rather than the 'drama' (what the media are obsessed with) which is probably why he gets some stick. He seems very switched on and I think we'll be better for having him in charge.

• Like 1

His English or confidence, probably both, have improved since he's been here. I don't really care about media handling tbh. As brilliant as Claudio was it did get a bit tiresome when he was constantly giving the press soundbites.

5 hours ago, srex9 said:

Me too.. I find him a sweet guy and from his performance so far he has a great impact on the players :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Now you know that won't  happen in knee-jerk land surrifox! :P

5 hours ago, surrifox said:

Let's see if this mellow appreciation can survive a run of two or three defeats :cool:

Personally it will, I'm not one to turn on managers and players. Every team goes through a rough patch at some point, that doesn't mean he's not good at his job. 

• Like 1

Useless at posting photo's or gifs on here but look down the linked thread below from saintsweb at his reaction to when they scored the goal that won them the league cup semi final at Anfield.

The man has passion, he just isn't a Conte or a Klopp and we should be grateful for that!

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59280-One-year-ago-today

12 hours ago, Wookie said:

His English or confidence, probably both, have improved since he's been here. I don't really care about media handling tbh. As brilliant as Claudio was it did get a bit tiresome when he was constantly giving the press soundbites.

Remember him last season. Same thing literally every game to the point I thought it was utterly meaningless.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Remember him last season. Same thing literally every game to the point I thought it was utterly meaningless.

We must fight...................zzzzzzzzzzzz

Warriors...........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It quickly got old.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We must fight...................zzzzzzzzzzzz

Warriors...........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It quickly got old.

It hasn’t for me...  he was like Churchill on steroids...:P

His command of English was flakey,  but, I remember feeling serious pride when in the post West Ham press conference he came out and stated how we were going to try with all our might to win the prem...

I was moved over and the players were inspired...  I loved his little speeches

• Like 2

20 hours ago, srex9 said:

I agree that puel is doing great atm. The only thing is saints season feel away towards the end of the season. I might be wrong but I don't think they scored a goal at home in there last 4/5 games and got 17 points fewer than the season before. If that happened with us the majority would be calling for him to go. It does help when your on a decent run if/when we have a bad run the fans will criticise his lack of passion on the touchline or in press conferences. I am a fan of puels because of his tactical awareness and it seems not having favourites in the squad.