Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Puel

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Takes far too long to make subs. 

Subbed Okazaki off at 56'-57', then subbed the other 2 at 74'. Not as quick as we'd have liked, but his changes were very good ones, changed the game for the better, and with our chances in the second half that we missed, we could have drawn this game at the very least.

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Subbed Okazaki off at 56'-57', then subbed the other 2 at 74'. Not as quick as we'd have liked, but his changes were very good ones, changed the game for the better, and with our chances in the second half that we missed, we could have drawn this game at the very least.

Agree with this. Don’t think there is anything wrong with his subs generally...certainly wasn’t tonight. Could argue that his starting line up wasn’t right in the first place but that’s a different question

I disagree. He played it too safe. I'd rather if he took risk and made substantial changes earlier. Even if it meant we were to lose by a wider margin. Just too conservative today. Gray and Albrighton should go off at 60 tops as they both were completely useless. Iborra should be subbed on for James as early as at half time. Last but not least taking Okazaki off was a very poor idea as he seems to be the only one in the starting eleven who can link up with Vardy and play one-twos, and we needed that since both wingers did completely nothing.

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Turd and polished come to mind

We are very inconsistent .

But it’s easy to forget we’re still in a transition period. If we can sign the right players to fit Puel’s system (such as attacking full backs and a number 10) in the summer then we have a bright future ahead. 

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 2

Puel sounds like a right soft touch  .

Stringer (I know its stringer) asked him a reasonable question has he been in touch with Mahrez when is he back and he went off on a French mumble about his players.

I would much rather have a guy who said 'I am the manager I and I need Riyad in my office on Monday morning to sort this situation out for the benefit of the club and all the players'

Easy and positive and very necessary IMO needs to start earning his salary next week.

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Stringer (I know its stringer) asked him a reasonable question has he been in touch with Mahrez when is he back and he went off on a French mumble about his players.

I would much rather have a guy who said 'I am the manager I and I need Riyad in my office on Monday morning to sort this situation out for the benefit of the club and all the players'

Easy and positive and very necessary IMO needs to start earning his salary next week.

Bringing Mahrez back in to the team with the right attitude requires diplomacy. Prima Donnas require tact, not just the hairdryer. Not criticising him in public thereby feeding a media story, is wise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Puel will not say anything in public about the situation. having spoken to quite a few staff today, I know that nothing is leaking out from high up on this. whatever is happening between the club and Riyad is being kept very much ‘in house’ from our end. 

7 minutes ago, dynamark said:

I'd rather him not criticise his players in public but I would like him or someone at the club to come out and tell the media and their fake stories to fvck off.

5 minutes ago, dynamark said:

He's made his position clear to the press, the matter will be dealt with internally which translated means we're not going to air our dirty washing in public any more. I like that and I don't really get your point?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, dynamark said:

You have to consider that fact he is foreign and in another country his English is not his mother tongue, imagine if you were in another country trying to convey what you want to say in a language that you are not used to speaking when talking to the media

• Like 1

Stringer & all the other media type only want dirt and seem to think club officials will share the inner goings on if they keep on asking the same question rephrased a different way.

Puel very simply stated that the club would deal with it internally. A very polite way of telling stringer to Fvck Off. 

Puel handles himself with class ! 

• Like 1

Fair points lads - I'm not expecting detals from Claude just an acknowledgement that the situation is serious and needs sorting by the manager quickly(and others senior staff if required).

He has his way but I  felt he was almost ignoring it.Probably cost us a least 3 points this week good job we are relatively safe

if you put all this mahrez bóllocks to one side i'd say puel is arguably the perfect manager for us right now.

tactically astute, safe pair of hands and hopefully clued up on bargain buy wonderkids!!

we have the financial clout, a reasonable squad albeit a squad that is close to being the best outside the top 6.

i for one would welcome a few years of premier league comfort zone. no relegation fights and no pant wrecking title bids!

• Like 4