Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Man City (H) League Cup match thread

2 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

We grew in that half, am I the only one reasonably happy with the performance? Made some good chances, Nacho man grew into the game, has been involved in some decent build-up play and had two decent shots on goal. Take the goal away and we've been defensively solid and been on top for the last 25 minutes.

At this point, with it being a cup game, I'd move Amartey forward into a DMF role and go 3-5-2. I don't think Iborra and King have done a bad job all told, but they're clearly outnumbered. We need the extra legs, and when losing in an all-or-nothing game, we may as well have the extra legs pushed forward.

Only downsides are a fairly absent Shinji and Albrighton's shots being hit and miss at best today. Maybe I'm mad, but if we come out second half with a bit more oomph, we could do these.

No, I'm quite happy but I sat through the Palace game at the weekend so it wouldn't take much for be to be reasonably happy.

Edited by Matt

We need a few players on that are comfortable receiving the ball and trying to go forwards. They're playing a winger/attacking mid at left back. If were serious about winning this Mahrez and Gray need to be on at half time.

Very excited for Silva to get here so we have another Premier league quality midfielder to choose from. Whilst King retains possession, he does absolutely nothing with it.

Nacho has looked tidy when he could get on the ball. Would bring Gray on for Chillwell as he's been disappointing on the ball.

What happened to our defence for the goal. Absolutely appalling, was very similar to Zaha's goal on saturday

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

What is Jakupovic doing in training that means Hamer is ahead of him? 

Seriously. I understand wanting to give other lads a shot, but this quality of keeping is well below standard. Plus, when we have two back-ups playing in the back four, we need Kasper in there to help direct traffic. Starting Hamer against Man City seems a bit daft in retrospect.

1 minute ago, somebum said:

We don't have any real strikers apart from Vardy to rest are rubbish why not try that kid in the under 23's

because he's not as good as Nacho, Slimani or okazaki.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, foxfanazer said:

I don’t 

Nor do i

The money that the club has wasted over the past two seasons is hard to swallow really.

We’d literally be better off with a strike force of Dickov and Fryatt at the moment!

lol

Just now, Col city fan said:

Nor do i

The money that the club has wasted over the past two seasons is hard to swallow really.

We’d literally be better off with a strike force of Dickov and Fryatt at the moment!

lol

Hey don’t bad mouth Dickov! One of my fave players as a kid lol

I would love Nacho to be a good player. But it's quite clear he isn't, a finisher yes, but in all other respects simply not good enough - indeed on what I've seen to date one of the worst players to represent us in the Premier League. Worse I think than Musa, though both are very poor for the Premier League.

Slimani is obviously on his way out which is a shame, as he has at least shown something in his appearances. 

We must have a chance though while Mangala and Bravo are playing for City.

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Is that like when you had a strop because people kept mentioning cattermole? 

lol

If that were the case I’d still be having my strop now! I think I suggested Clattermole in 2014?

When Man City have possession, they create nothing. We only come under threat when we give them the ball - often under no pressure. It was the same against Palace. We have to cut out these stupid unforced errors.

If it's still 0-1 with 25 minutes left, bring on the cavalry...