Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Man City League Cup 1-1 - lost 4-3 on pens

We'd have had a one in three chance of playing Bristol City in the semis if we'd gone through then. Fvcking golden opportunity we've tossed away. Cheers, Claude.

21 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Which part of it is wrong? I'll happily make a wager on Europa League if you're so confident. 

The bit about possibly going down.

Here's a bet I will take: If we go down I'll make a £5 donation to the forum, if we finish 7th you make a £5 donation to the forum.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

People can look for positives because we took it to penalties if they like, but the truth is that was an utterly pathetic performance and only awful refereeing kept us in it.

The manager should be ashamed for not putting our strongest team out for that. Man City were poor and yet we were 2nd best throughout by some way.

A chance to get to a semi final and we showed absolutely nothing from start to finish.

I can’t even begin to imagine what a joy it must be in your house, Happy Christmas you miserable Cu#t

16 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

The Chilwell boot to the face should have been pen really shouldn't it? Even though it is accidentally, the challenge is still too late. Danish commentators didn't mention anything about, which annoyed me by the time, but I am a biased sore loser...

Hadn’t realised that incident was in the penalty area. Definitely a foul and should also have been booked. Chilwell was stooping a little but not enough to excuse it.

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

This thread has gone mental.  We had 6 first teamers, we hardly played a bunch of 11 year olds.  Man Utd just lost to Bristol for feck sake, I honestly don;t feel let down or like Puel was disrespectful.  We played pretty much our strongest team against Palace and got d1cked.  We have a lot of games coming up and he rotated.  OK so maybe he should've just gone for it, maybe not.  We have no idea what condition the players were in.  I get that people are disappointed, so am I, but I think football fans have gone a bit nuts.  I don;t wanna sound like an old man and I am fully aware that nothing was really better in "the good old days" but why some people even bother watching football I have no idea.  But more patheitc than those people is me.  I come on here and have a go at them, like anyone gives a sh1t what I think.  Even I don;t really care what I think.  Gonna go have a long slow sad wee and thank about my life.

X

:appl:

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

This thread has gone mental.  We had 6 first teamers, we hardly played a bunch of 11 year olds.  Man Utd just lost to Bristol for feck sake, I honestly don;t feel let down or like Puel was disrespectful.  We played pretty much our strongest team against Palace and got d1cked.  We have a lot of games coming up and he rotated.  OK so maybe he should've just gone for it, maybe not.  We have no idea what condition the players were in.  I get that people are disappointed, so am I, but I think football fans have gone a bit nuts.  I don;t wanna sound like an old man and I am fully aware that nothing was really better in "the good old days" but why some people even bother watching football I have no idea.  But more patheitc than those people is me.  I come on here and have a go at them, like anyone gives a sh1t what I think.  Even I don;t really care what I think.  Gonna go have a long slow sad wee and thank about my life.

X

I strongly disagree. It wasn't 'pretty much' our best team. I think whenver a team picks their second choice goalkeepr you know they're not giving it a total effort.

Morgan in for Dragovic, Vardy in for Iheanacho and Mahrez/Gray on the wing from the start are all obvious improvements that could've been made to the team. Had we made those four changes then we'd have had 'pretty much' our strongest team out. If we'd done that I'm very confident we'd have been in a semi-final with our best chance to win one of the cups in 17 years.

And there we have it Bristol will play Man City.

Don't understand the negativity surrounding last nights result and the changes we made, we had enough on the pitch to win that game in the end, especially going up against a weakened Man City defence. We finished the game with Mahrez, Gray, Okazaki and Vardy on the pitch for christ sake, it's our own fault for not attacking enough, they were there for the taking especially in extra time, we just didn't do enough.

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

X

Complete and utter garbage.

Can't remember us playing a weakened team in the Champions League apart from when we had got through the group stages.

Result when we played this team .... Porto ripped us to shreds .. think from memory it was 5-0 and we'd paid good money to go there.

If the management are not bothered about the game/ competition at least have the decency to tell us in advance.

1 minute ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I strongly disagree. It wasn't 'pretty much' our best team. I think whenver a team picks their second choice goalkeepr you know they're not giving it a total effort.

Morgan in for Dragovic, Vardy in for Iheanacho and Mahrez/Gray on the wing from the start are all obvious improvements that could've been made to the team. Had we made those four changes then we'd have had 'pretty much' our strongest team out. If we'd done that I'm very confident we'd have been in a semi-final with our best chance to win one of the cups in 17 years.

I am loathe to even respond as we are both better than this but...

a:  Please show me, using quotations, where I said we had "pretty much" our best team out against Man City.  Against Palace I stated this but I can;t see the bit where I said we did against Man City?

b: I am massively disappointed too, it fvcking hurts right in the gut every time we lose, but I was more bothered by the reaction on here, people are mental.  If you just stumbled upon this forum you'd think there was an upper age limit of about 14 and a half.  Surely people can be disappointed without turning into mongspazzers?  (Not pointing a finger at you, just deeply, deeply depressed by the way a lot of our fans react)

c:  I am a sad, lonely individual who uses forums to make myself feel less useless.  I like to disagree with the negative because in real life I am such a massive loser, with such a tiny, tiny nob, that I get very little joy.

d:  I was bored and couldn't sleep.

f: I don't know my alphabet.

g: How are you?

X

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Complete and utter garbage.

Can't remember us playing a weakened team in the Champions League apart from when we had got through the group stages.

Result when we played this team .... Porto ripped us to shreds .. think from memory it was 5-0 and we'd paid good money to go there.

If the management are not bothered about the game/ competition at least have the decency to tell us in advance.

Fair enough, it's good to disagree eh, it's what life is about.  I don;t disagree that we should be disappointed I just think it is hard to pay our strongest 11 every single game when our squad is not huge and we have more games in a shorter period than any other Premier League team at the moment.  In hindsight we should maybe have played a weaker team against Palace maybe.

Och well, let's hope we beat Utd.  

Even more gutted now, what a chance to get to major cup final at Wembley.

Would Puel play a different team had he known it was Bristol City for a place at Wembley? Wouldn't admit it but I suspect he would.

The overreaction over this is a bit embarrassing. You'd think Puel played the U23s. We had numerous first teamers playing for well over an hour and we were still not good. Also, how was Puel to know Pep would play loads of kids?.Evem with Mahrez, Gray and Vardy on the pitch for an hour Man City were still the better team. We took them to pens when we didn't deserve to..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1