Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Man City League Cup 1-1 - lost 4-3 on pens

6 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I'm assuming you are referring to Slim? One of the reasons he doesn't get games is because we bought him to be a CF, but realised he is actually awful at heading and likes the ball at his feet, which is fair enough, but not what we wanted him for. 

Apart from headers against Burnley, Porto, and that 5 of his 7 league goals have been headers... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

sorry if this has been covered...

what the fuching hell was the "pitch invasion" about last night?

Didn't personally see any 'invasion' as such, but just the incident where some guy tried to confront Guardiola?

The latter shrugged it off and thanked the stewards in one of his post-match interviews.

I've heard a lot of hype about Dragovic (He should be starting ahead of Morgan etcetc) and last night was only the second time I'd seen him play - after which I saw a lot of people on twitter trying to claim this is why he should be starting ahead of Morgan?

Was it just me that thought he was all over the place yesterday? And is it also just me that thinks Morgan has been extremely solid so far this year? Is it another case of a player that isn't playing getting a load of praise for no good reason while one that is playing gets slagged off

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

Were Carabao are helping their compatriots or what? We wouldn't have reached overtime if it wasn't thanks to the referees help.

If the referee had done his job properly when Chillwell got booted in the head we would have had a penalty 20 minutes earlier. Madley is just generally incompetent. Sad to hear Man City fans slagging him off so much, after everything he has done for them on the past occasions we have played them, how could they forget his special rewriting of the offside law where Sterling trying to boot the ball in the net from 5 yards offside counted as "not interfering with play"?.

12 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

If the referee had done his job properly when Chillwell got booted in the head we would have had a penalty 20 minutes earlier. Madley is just generally incompetent. Sad to hear Man City fans slagging him off so much, after everything he has done for them on the past occasions we have played them, how could they forget his special rewriting of the offside law where Sterling trying to boot the ball in the net from 5 yards offside counted as "not interfering with play"?.

Even further back in this fixture we have when Kramaric was tripped inside the box but instead he said free-kick. The amount of protection he gave Toure and Jesus last night was ridiculous. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Even further back in this fixture we have when Kramaric was tripped inside the box but instead he said free-kick. The amount of protection he gave Toure and Jesus last night was ridiculous. 

Exactly. Spent the entire game giving Man City cheap free kicks in midfield for sod all, booked Iheanacho for sliding in on Bravo, but when a carbon copy happens at the other end keeps his cards in his pocket, watched Shinji get smashed with an elbow in the face and didn't even book the Man City player. He's given absolutely tons of awful decisions against us for years, we get one penalty off the guy for a slightly soft foul that is actually a foul and everyone loses their shit about how he's favouring us. The mind boggles.

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Apparently one of the stewards who stopped the pitch invader last night has broken his hand...

Should be banned from the club for life imo; entering the technical area and physical assault of security etc.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

22 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

10 minutes after the incident he gave a foul against iborra for a high foot.  This shows the rank anateurusm of refs.  The truth is they arent consistent... they arent big enought to give a pen for a high foot but will give free kicks anywhere ekle on the field.

Ps. Over protection if goalie was pathetic

The Chilwell boot to the face should have been pen really shouldn't it? Even though it is accidentally, the challenge is still too late. Danish commentators didn't mention anything about, which annoyed me by the time, but I am a biased sore loser...