Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Man City League Cup 1-1 - lost 4-3 on pens

1 hour ago, Harry - LCFC said:

If you're not upset by it it's either because you don't understand the magnitude of the chance we had, or because you aren't much bothered by silverware.

Or.....because of various other factors that haven't entered into your binary choice. We don't all see things your way.

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Or.....because of various other factors that haven't entered into your binary choice. We don't all see things your way.

I feel I've heard them already: Fatigue, prioritising the league, and we didn't have much chance of winning anyway.

None of those would've been thought of as good reasons if we'd picked less than our best team in the the Champions League. Hence my assumption that people here don't agree with me about the importance of the League Cup OR believe that this kind of opportunity will come along again soon.

3 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I feel I've heard them already: Fatigue, prioritising the league, and we didn't have much chance of winning anyway.

None of those would've been thought of as good reasons if we'd picked less than our best team in the the Champions League. Hence my assumption that people here don't agree with me about the importance of the League Cup OR believe that this kind of opportunity will come along again soon.

I meant more that maybe we're not as angry as you because we have reasons not to be angry, generally, outside of one football match. 

53 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thought Mahrez was trying to be too fancy and confuse the goalkeeper and side it in the on the opposite side he thought the opponent was going to make.

Should've just hit it low and hard.

Or ..  just not taken it in the first place.   As the Mercury reporter said ..   some place it,  some blast it ..     some even do both !      Mahrez ..  he just hopes the keeper goes the wrong way.     :nono:

3 hours ago, marbles said:

The real blame lies with the league.

Find a way to make the cup more important, and teams will take it more seriously.

the real problem is the international breaks means that there is fixture congestion.  when we were bucking for promotion from the championship I remember wanting us to be knocked out of all cups as early as possible.. same in our premiership winning... I said premiership winning season. 

every time England play a match we have a break.... id don't know what they do with the is extra time together but is is certainly not showing on the pitch.

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Or ..  just not taken it in the first place.   As the Mercury reporter said ..   some place it,  some blast it ..     some even do both !      Mahrez ..  he just hopes the keeper goes the wrong way.     :nono:

Which is annoying as he could obviously practice placing them with his skill. Best penalties of the night were Fuchs' and Jesus. First on inch perfect, the other clever and skillful. Mahrez would do well to take note.

meant to comment on amartey's positioning for the goal.  as is often the case with young defenders, he panics and follows Jesus' run. this then plays silva onside. it was unnecessary as jesus was well beyond the line anyway. main reason that Claudio dumped moore was his habit of dropping off the line to give himself thinking time. just exposes the flanks to the runners. problem is that the solution is playing time and amartey wont get that.

I thought you played well and were unlucky that it went to penalties because we had Claudio Bravo, who'll always save at least one, Yaya Touré, who never misses, and Gabriel Jesus, who only misses when there's no pressure on him whatsoever. Could've gone either way although I think your penalty was a bit soft. 

• Like 2

If we somehow get to the Quarters of the FA Cup and they throw the weakened team dice

again ... think its time for an organised protest.

Getting to the Quarters of the League Cup was bad enough ... but at least we've won it 

three times .... the FA Cup is a competition we've never won.

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO

22 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If we somehow get to the Quarters of the FA Cup and they throw the weakened team dice

again ... think its time for an organised protest.

Getting to the Quarters of the League Cup was bad enough ... but at least we've won it 

three times .... the FA Cup is a competition we've never won.

Too funny.