Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Man City League Cup 1-1 - lost 4-3 on pens

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Based on that? No. Any 1st team Premier League side could have beaten them tonight.

Let’s not give them credit like their reserves are so superior to everyone else. We were rubbish and it’s a miracle we managed to take it to penalties.

But surely that's a sign of their depth, no? Grinding out results in every competition. I think they'll pick up at least two cups this year personally. 

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Not even hitting the target is even better. Funny both Vardy and Mahrez missed, both are shit at pens, yet Mahrez is the who's taking the flak.

Vardy's scored one in normal time, you realise this, right?

Mahrez takes the flak because his penalty was shite and it's not the first time he's taken a shite penalty. At least Vardy scores more than he misses. 

Hamer is woeful

Can we have the old fuchs back

Chilwell isn't a left midfielder

Regarding iheanacho, I genuinely think man city have locked the real kelechi away somewhere and sold us his cousin, it's so clear puel doesn't rate him, he wont be here next season that's for sure 

The romance of this competition is dying every season, but after that tonight I'm absolutely gutted, such a good chance to get to the semi's 

• Like 1

Should've picked a team to try from the start. Don't buy the idea that man City's youth team is suddenly the world's best just because their first 11 is. 

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

People can look for positives because we took it to penalties if they like, but the truth is that was an utterly pathetic performance and only awful refereeing kept us in it.

The manager should be ashamed for not putting our strongest team out for that. Man City were poor and yet we were 2nd best throughout by some way.

A chance to get to a semi final and we showed absolutely nothing from start to finish.

Ranieri won't come back.

Guest Col city fan

Looking at the bigger picture, I don’t agree with this ‘shame, good effort’ mentality.

Guardiola will be rubbing his hands together. In fact, you could see his joy at the end of the game. 

Not only are Man City sailing high in the Premier League, they have now beaten us in the cup and got to the semi final by fielding their B Team. Let’s not make any excuses, that was their second string, minus Jesus.

We should have played our best 11 and gone for it. Instead we fooled around with the team and only made it a draw with the softest pen you’ll probably ever see.

I still don’t get what people see in Chilwell? He’s bang average.

Dragovic looks to have a couple of unforced errors in his locker too.

For me, the only real shining light of the night was Amartey who, apart from a couple of wayward passes, didn’t put a foot wrong. Defensively we are much stronger on the right than on the left imo.

Big chance to go through there.... blown

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

My usual process when I see posts like this:

1. Reads post

2. Realises it's utter drivel

3. Checks to see if it's Kitchandro

90% of the time it is.

Well done Noddy ...   I'm fvckin gutted but that put a smile back on my face   :)     

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Vardy's scored one in normal time, you realise this, right?

Mahrez takes the flak because his penalty was shite and it's not the first time he's taken a shite penalty. At least Vardy scores more than he misses. 

It is true that neither are great at pens though. Mahrez always makes you worry and vardy is hit and hope. Unfortunate that 2 of our greatest ever players missed but that actually makes the peno loss slightly easier than if nacho had missed.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

What on Earth am I reading in here tonight? If we’d have started with the people we eventually brought on we’d have won.

We didn’t so ****ing move on. The people who are getting stick don’t deserve it. Gamer saved everything that came near him and he can actually kick a ball! None of you would ever criticise Kasper like this.

We essentially drew with the best team in Europe's youth team playing our reserves so shut up and move on.

At least be accurate

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, AjcW said:

What on Earth am I reading in here tonight? If we’d have started with the people we eventually brought on we’d have won.

We didn’t so ****ing move on. The people who are getting stick don’t deserve it. Gamer saved everything that came near him and he can actually kick a ball! None of you would ever criticise Kasper like this.

We essentially drew with the best team in Europe playing our reserves so shut up and move on.

This simply isn’t true. We played against the bulk of a team who will not get into Man City’s first team this season.

We didn’t draw with the best team in Europe. Don’t try to bull shit.

Incredibly disappointed to be honest, when Ihaenacho stepped on that pitch after halftime I was livid. He is not what our team is about... We fight lost causes and press the back line and that's how we perform well. We force them into mistakes but ihaenacho just allowed the back line to shift it across and find the midfield. I was watching GRINji alot tonight and even he was getting wound up with his pathetic lack of effort... And he seems like he would still be smiling after catching his wife in bed with his own father, so to annoy him that much just shows how the team are feeling about his poor attitude towards the team.

• Like 1