Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Penalty Taker

Iborra's penalty tonight was out of this world.

The replay afterwards from behind  it highlighted the genius in it. 

He kind of stroked it towards the centre, it picked up spin, and then placed into the very corner. 

His demeanor afterwards of "yeah get over it ..." just made it better! 

Vardy can’t think that’s his issue. Because he scored putting it in the corner he thinks I’m going for it again whereas what he needs to do is mix it up, same run up but just open your body up and pass it into the opposite corner (right as Vardy looks at goal).

its that easy

• Like 2

They are both incredibly one dimensional when it comes to pens. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who called both of them to miss before they stepped up.

Anyone who has watched either of them stands a good chance of saving their pens.

3 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Vardy can’t think that’s his issue. Because he scored putting it in the corner he thinks I’m going for it again whereas what he needs to do is mix it up, same run up but just open your body up and pass it into the opposite corner (right as Vardy looks at goal).

its that easy

You say it's that easy but I would argue that switching it is the obvious thing to do, so hitting it in the same place is probably less likely. It's quite easy to justify either and I don't think you can dismiss either for any particular player taking two pens in one game.

Having said that, I don't think Vardy ever opens himself up and puts it to his right. It is either a smash with his laces or it's inside of the boot and goes to the left to some extent. And that is my issue. It never changes.

23 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

its that easy

Blasting it straight down the middle in his usual style would have been great, cos I think (I haven't checked; but if memory serves) Bravo dived for every penalty.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Blasting it straight down the middle in his usual style would have been great, cos I think (I haven't checked; but if memory serves) Bravo dived for every penalty.

Bravo dived the RIGHT way for every pen (unlike hamer)

Vardys first pen is unsaveable

He obviously thinks he just needs to do that every time ..........  but it isn't quite that simple 

We should point out that it's easier to take the first penalty than the last one. First 3 were dispatched so cooly though that it's certainly food for thought.

Vardy clearly been working on them too, neither was blasted down the middle and instead went for placement. 

Edited by Number 6

You miss some you score some! but we need to mix it up a bit with a penalty taker and not just Mahrez or Vardy who are prone to missing on the occasion. at the end of the day it is about being confident to take one and to know where you are going to hit it!