Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Penalty Taker

If Vardy and Mahrez are still taking penalties it shows Puel in a bad light. Mahrez's penalty record is dreadful and relies on sending the GK the wrong way, if the GK goes the right way he saves it almost every time. Vardy's lack a bit of finesse and a lot of the time he just puts his foot through it and hopes for the best. The one he missed against Liverpool this season I remember thinking that I wanted him to put it either side of the GK. He didn't and Mingolet didn't move and he probably got his hands stung but he saved it as he'd done his homework on Vardy's penalties.

Give me someone like Fuchs, Silva, etc every time who have confidence in their own ability and take the GK out of the equation. Penalty takers who hit a good percentage of them in the top corners get my vote every time. Puel needs to put the team's needs first and select the best man for the job rather than bending to egos. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2017 at 13:00, Gerard said:

If Vardy and Mahrez are still taking penalties it shows Puel in a bad light. Mahrez's penalty record is dreadful and relies on sending the GK the wrong way, if the GK goes the right way he saves it almost every time. Vardy's lack a bit of finesse and a lot of the time he just puts his foot through it and hopes for the best. The one he missed against Liverpool this season I remember thinking that I wanted him to put it either side of the GK. He didn't and Mingolet didn't move and he probably got his hands stung but he saved it as he'd done his homework on Vardy's penalties.

Give me someone like Fuchs, Silva, etc every time who have confidence in their own ability and take the GK out of the equation. Penalty takers who hit a good percentage of them in the top corners get my vote every time. Puel needs to put the team's needs first and select the best man for the job rather than bending to egos. 

Your're quite right. It's the Managers job to decide who takes Penalties. It is normally someone who is a good kicker of the Ball to begin and has the confidence to do it.

As said already the obvious one from our current squad are Fuchs, Iborra, Maguire. Maybe Gray also.

If Puel doesn't step up and make the decision then to me it shows a weakness and he's letting the Players have too much control. This usually is a bad trait and ends in misery.

The first thing any successful club needs is a strong Manager.

• Like 1

Ulloa is our most reliable penalty taker. Shame he's useless as a PL player. Has Ulloa ever missed pen for us? I'm convinced Mahrez would have totally bottled that West Ham pen couple of seasons ago. 

Ulloa is our most reliable penalty taker. Shame he's useless as a PL player. Has Ulloa ever missed pen for us? I'm convinced Mahrez would have totally bottled that West Ham pen couple of seasons ago. 
Wonder if Puel was intending to use that 4th sub to bring Ulloa on at the end of extra time just to take a penalty in the shootout. Unfortunately Drago got cramp and they had to bring on Benny instead.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

I vote for Shearer or Lampard. 

Aside from being one of the most talented footballers to ever grace the pitch, Le Tissier is, as far as I know, the best penalty taker ever. He only missed one out of 48.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

signs of weak personality?
Puel says Mahrez needs to work on his penalties in training after his miss v #mcfc. "Normally Jamie takes penalties. (With shoot-outs) it’s just a feeling in the game if they have the possibility to score. We’ve got to work on this in training sessions with Riyad." #lcfc