Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drew Peacock

Leaving before full-time last night.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

If ever there was an example of not leaving a game early it was last night.

Of course everyone has the choice to, and some people may need to.

But a guy near me always leaves 5-10 minutes early because he supposedly HAS to. 10 minutes after leaving last night he was back, breathing out of his arse. I asked him if he'd seen our equaliser and he hadn't. I saw a fair few others do the same.

My daughter is in a wheelchair on a platform and I had to lift her out, and up, to see the penalty and the first part of extra time because of so many people people doing this.

Each to their own, do what you want, but if you are going then just piss off.

The whole mentality of leaving early I personally don't get, but last night if you could stay why leave? Baffling.

I see what you're saying but if you live three and a half hours from the ground on a mid week game I understand it if the game is sewn up, like Saturday for example. But like last night in a close tie, I really can't sympathise with them.

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I see what you're saying but if you live three and a half hours from the ground on a mid week game I understand it if the game is sewn up, like Saturday for example. But like last night in a close tie, I really can't sympathise with them.

Although I personally still don't get it, I take your point. I'm more getting at those who returned I guess.

Do we have a large fan base with ADHD? Unless you have had six pints or have a medical condition, is it not possible to sit/stand for 90 minutes and support your team?  You even get a little break in the middle. 

I've left early a couple of times on evening games so I can get a bite to eat before bed and up early for work but most of the time I book the day off or stick it out, the only game I left early where I had a choice was the Palace game when the guys I go with all vanished off down the pub and I thought sod this and joined them just before the third went in.

38 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

But a guy near me always leaves 5-10 minutes early because he supposedly HAS to. 10 minutes after leaving last night he was back, breathing out of his arse. I asked him if he'd seen our equaliser and he hadn't. I saw a fair few others do the same.

My daughter is in a wheelchair on a platform and I had to lift her out, and up, to see the penalty and the first part of extra time because of so many people doing this.

The whole mentality of leaving early I personally don't get, but last night if you could stay why leave? Baffling.

agree. I do sometimes leave early for a variety of reasons - including my missus works saturday nights so it's a tight turnaround to get home so she can go to work BUT it is my choice and if I do go, I just get up and leave, thanking those who have to stand to let me past and then go straight out. Is very annoying when people get up to leave and then stand there saying their cheerios to people before standing in the aisle watching the game!

If you're gonna go, just fcking GO!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

same here....three left 86 minutes......can't see much point in watching 86 minutes and missing the end.....wouldn't happen at the cinema......

I have mobility issues, so I leave my seat at 88 minutes every game, so I haven’t got to struggle in queues on the stairs, because a lot try and get downstairs with no consideration for others, pushing and shoving, at the final whistle.

I don’t get the fascination on here about what others do, what does it matter what others do, and is very judgemental on here, people have many reasons to leave a few minutes early.

Also most games, the tv is on in the concourse, and I can watch the final few minutes of the game without the hassle.

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 1

Everybody is different. I remember my brother and I leaving with five minutes to go when I was about seven, so we could get the bus. 

I find it odd myself, but everyone has different priorities and ideas.

I left a game once years ago on about 60 minutes as we were 4-0 down. I got dogs abuse, gave it back big time as my priority was to make something good out of the day. To get home early and out on the Town was what was going to rescue my day, and to stay and watch us to the end wasn’t on my radar.

We are all different, all different thoughts, and I suppose we all think we are all a bit odd. 

39 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Maybe but I think the point being made is that people were willing to leave early but who then returned to watch the extra 30 mins and penalties 

I think people are willing to miss 5 minutes worth of football to save 30-45 minutes on getting out of town but probably aren't ready to miss 5 minutes plus extra time and penalties for it.

• Like 1

Two next to me left as soon as the board went up and came back after we had equalised.

Like Davie said though no one near me was a regular last night. 

Each to their own, as long  as it does not inconvenience the people staying. Personally I prefer not too leave before the end but there have been exceptional circumstances in the past!

All the moaning in the world will not change it, it is something else for the serial moaners to moan about though :whistle:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

My daughter is in a wheelchair on a platform and I had to lift her out, and up, to see the penalty and the first part of extra time because of so many people doing this.

Completely agree and it's utterly disrespectful to stand there in front of others who visibly cannot stand or move to see without help.

Hope your daughter enjoyed the game regardless.

• Like 1