Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drew Peacock

Leaving before full-time last night.

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Each to their own, half time is just as bad. I wouldn't open the kiosks till the half time whistle.

Yes, but by the time you're at the front of the till after a queue, the second-half would be due to commence and at this point you'd still be waiting for about 5 minutes for some of the staff to correctly log your order in onto the system, count the coins they've received from you and give you the change..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

19 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I just wanted to point out, and not for the first time, that this isn't a judgemental post about those leaving early under normal circumstances. I fully understand there are valid reasons why it happens. 

I couldn't understand it last night though, and particularly so for those that RETURNED. It obviously wasn't essential to leave then was it? I just can't understand this mindset.

And why it bothered me was that it meant I had to move my young daughter out of her wheelchair and hold her up to watch our penalty and the first part of extra time.

As I said before I don't get it anyway, but that's just my opinion.  But if you want to go, piss off and leave, and stop spoiling it for those who want to stay until the end before moving. 

How hard is it to not understand that people want to save themselves sitting in traffic for 45 minutes? The way to do that is skip the last 5/10 mins of the match.

The reason they came back is because the match was extended into extra time and therefore there would be no traffic.

It's not fvcking rocket science.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

No one near me was a regular I even wondered if I was in my normal seat, but they did all stay until the very end.

They may be regular but just not normally sit by you, I attend many games but dont have a sesaon ticket so sit in differant places for all matches

My mates impatient as **** and hates walking back to the train station. So he always ****s of early.

This week we had a lift home but he still decided to **** off down the blues bar to get a round in whilst the traffic died down.

He sat there for 40 mins drinking all the beers on his ownlol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

How hard is it to not understand that people want to save themselves sitting in traffic for 45 minutes? The way to do that is skip the last 5/10 mins of the match.

The reason they came back is because the match was extended into extra time and therefore there would be no traffic.

Exactly this. 

16 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Yes, but by the time you're at the front of the till after a queue, the second-half would be due to commence and at this point you'd still be waiting for about 5 minutes for some of the staff to correctly log your order in onto the system, count the coins they've received from you and give you the change..

And then shut them when the ref blows for the 2nd half, and it's tough shit if you've not bought your pie and a pint.

21 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

It's not rocket science to work out that there could be an equaliser in the last few minutes of a cup game either. So bite the bullet and risk having your Horlicks 35-40 minutes later just for the occasional cup game. :thumbup:

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jock's Hill said:

People near me were up and down like yo-yo's throughout the game (presumably off to use the facilities).

My row is horrendous for people up and down....but that's because we've all had about 6-8 pints! However, if we had safe standing then it wouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shah johns said:

They may be regular but just not normally sit by you, I attend many games but dont have a sesaon ticket so sit in differant places for all matches

Oh I know, I've sat elsewhere for Cup games, I just meant they weren't the regular ST holders that sit there,maybe they were elsewhere or on the Sofa at home, not bothered just an observation.

I've said it before and will say it again... 

For me leaving early isn't a big thing,  I've had to do it before when I've got work at 0500 next morning and an hour drive home (that's if traffic can be beaten) 

What bothers me far more these days is the amount of morons who get to games late. Then not only get there late but it's the same tossers who leave before halftime around 35 mins making everyone get up then come back just before half time and make everyone get up again. Just wait till half time or at least have the good grace to come back at half time not mins before the whistle goes. 

And what's with the people who arrive late and can't find their seats?? You'd think some people have got their seat numbers and rows on the ticket written in Chinese. It's not difficult to find your seat. 

I understand people occasionally run late and arrive late but I see more and more of it. Around me it's always the same.people arriving late then buggering off at 35 mins

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It's not rocket science to work out that there could be an equaliser in the last few minutes of a cup game either. So bite the bullet and risk having your Horlicks 35-40 minutes later just for the occasional cup game. :thumbup:

People have lives outside of football you know?

My mate left on 90 mins (so 9.30), his daughter was a flag bearer and had to drive 15 miles home, which took him 45 mins as it was, then be up for work at 5.30 am.

If he had stayed he would have been looking at about 4 hours sleep for himself and a bit of inconsideration for his child.

There are people who are simply shitty fans, but most people have perfectly legitimate reasons to try and get out of there.

19 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

People have lives outside of football you know?

My mate left on 90 mins (so 9.30), his daughter was a flag bearer and had to drive 15 miles home, which took him 45 mins as it was, then be up for work at 5.30 am.

If he had stayed he would have been looking at about 4 hours sleep for himself and a bit of inconsideration for his child.

There are people who are simply shitty fans, but most people have perfectly legitimate reasons to try and get out of there.

Read all the posts. Outside of this one reply to one comment it's about people leaving, then returning. And in the process being selfish by annoying all around them, particularly people who through no fault of their own cannot stand when they arse about coming, going, and last night leaving then returning.

If you want to go for whatever reason fair enough, but just piss off without spoiling it for all around you. 

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 1

The guy behind us last night said "I'm goin - I can't see us scoring" this was about the 85th minute. I looked at my Dad as if to say WTF, his expression was also one of bewilderment.

If I've learnt anything from being a Leicester fan it's that you never leave until the final whistle!

3 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Why did they come back then? That was the point I was making. My 10 year old daughter had to go to school and she was still alive when she left this morning.

Well I can’t speak for them. But I had to get to work for 11pm.... so hadn’t got a choice.