Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drew Peacock

Leaving before full-time last night.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Yes, but by the time you're at the front of the till after a queue, the second-half would be due to commence and at this point you'd still be waiting for about 5 minutes for some of the staff to correctly log your order in onto the system, count the coins they've received from you and give you the change..

Stop paying with coppers then. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smr said:

The guy behind us last night said "I'm goin - I can't see us scoring" this was about the 85th minute. I looked at my Dad as if to say WTF, his expression was also one of bewilderment.

If I've learnt anything from being a Leicester fan it's that you never leave until the final whistle!

I remember the Middlesbrough home game last season when we equalised in the last minute and one thing that made me smile as I was walking out of the ground afterwards was when I heard this bloke say to his young lad: 'see son, that's why we never leave a game early'.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, adam said:

The worst is when the ground empties on the 40 minute mark so people can go and get an over priced pint.  It kills whatever atmosphere there was. 

Yeah it's a shame but I guess when you have rules about drinking alcohol in the stands it will always happen, up and down the country the atmosphere dies around 40 minutes.

I don’t mind people leaving early that’s up to them. But what pissès me off is the ones that stand on the stairs watching the game when there’s an attack. 

I sit on the end of a row and it blocks my view when people just stopping walking down the stairs. Most of the time from 85 minutes onwards I’m sat there just saying “go on keep on fvcking walking” 

• Like 4

Everyone has paid for their ticket. You are allowed to go toilet, get a drink, get food, leave your seat and even return to it as many times as you like. As far as I’m aware there isn’t a rule on how many times you are allowed to get up and down. 

There are plenty of posters around the ground on how to complain if you think a fellow supporter is being inconsiderate (don’t think leaving early or even returning to your seat counts as inconsiderate)

5 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Some people may have had to go to work....

Alarm set at 5:20 every morning, still stayed to applaud the players off the pitch. People who leave early because they want to get to the front of the same traffic I will be sitting in just to get home 5 mins earlier are top *****, watch the whole game or **** off and let someone who will appreciate the whole game sit there

I have to time for people standing in my way blocking my view of a game where I'm paying good money to see

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

They have paid their money just like you have, so they are entitled to leave when want.

Get over it. 

They arent entitled to stand infront of me to stop and watch the game or stand in the aisle blocking everyone's view, if they want to **** off then they can, dont ruin it for others

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blue717 said:

Not sure why this bothers people. If fans want to leave, let them. It’s the risk they’re taking, not you. 

That isn’t the point. Why leave at 0-1 then run back as soon as you hear we’ve won a pen? 

For people leaving early ; YouTube citys title win in 2012. Now I understand there were plenty of people outside the ground anyway without tickets etc as with our game against Everton but there is (or was) some comical footage of people who left realising its now 2-2 and then eventually 3-2 it goes nuts but LMAO you didnt get to see Agueros winner cos ya left early you meltlets

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

How hard is it to not understand that people want to save themselves sitting in traffic for 45 minutes? The way to do that is skip the last 5/10 mins of the match.

The reason they came back is because the match was extended into extra time and therefore there would be no traffic.

It's not fvcking rocket science.

You're missing the point.

These fans didn't leave because they had to, to catch the last train or because they had to work. They left for their own convenience to avoid sitting in traffic (rather than support their team). In doing so inconveniencing other fans trying to watch the game.

Then, when they realised the game was going into ET, they returned to their seats, again inconveniencing other fans. No consideration given for anyone other than themselves.

Im not saying this applies to everyone who left early but it explains the scenario the OP described. There was no consideration for others including a disabled child whose view of the game was blocked by said returnees.

Selfishness and lack of consideration. And as another poster said, it doesn't happen in the cinema!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

That isn’t the point. Why leave at 0-1 then run back as soon as you hear we’ve won a pen? 

For people leaving early ; YouTube citys title win in 2012. Now I understand there were plenty of people outside the ground anyway without tickets etc as with our game against Everton but there is (or was) some comical footage of people who left realising its now 2-2 and then eventually 3-2 it goes nuts but LMAO you didnt get to see Agueros winner cos ya left early you meltlets

Why not run back to your seat? They’ve paid for it, they can do what they like. Watch the whole game on the concourse if they wanted. 

I have no idea why you’re talking about Man City and their title winning year either. 

4 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

You're missing the point.

These fans didn't leave because they had to, to catch the last train or because they had to work. They left for their own convenience to avoid sitting in traffic (rather than support their team). In doing so inconveniencing other fans trying to watch the game.

Then, when they realised the game was going into ET, they returned to their seats, again inconveniencing other fans. No consideration given for anyone other than themselves.

Im not saying this applies to everyone who left early but it explains the scenario the OP described. There was no consideration for others including a disabled child whose view of the game was blocked by said returnees.

Selfishness and lack of consideration. And as another poster said, it doesn't happen in the cinema!

There isn’t any chanting in the cinema either. Pointless comparison.

13 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

They arent entitled to stand infront of me to stop and watch the game or stand in the aisle blocking everyone's view, if they want to **** off then they can, dont ruin it for others

Clearly the stewards aren't doing their job properly then.

2 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

Why not run back to your seat? They’ve paid for it, they can do what they like. Watch the whole game on the concourse if they wanted. 

I have no idea why you’re talking about Man City and their title winning year either. 

Because it’s a class example of morons leaving early. about to win the title and people leave early. 

If you wanna knock off on 89 mins 1-0 down then just go. Why run back? Other than a poor response of “why not”? If you’ve decided to go, go!

54 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

Everyone has paid for their ticket. You are allowed to go toilet, get a drink, get food, leave your seat and even return to it as many times as you like. As far as I’m aware there isn’t a rule on how many times you are allowed to get up and down. 

There are plenty of posters around the ground on how to complain if you think a fellow supporter is being inconsiderate (don’t think leaving early or even returning to your seat counts as inconsiderate)

Of course you're correct, you've paid for your seat, **** everyone else.

You're entitled to get up, fart, read the programme, run up and down the steps, phone your mother, then sit down again, get up, go for a piss, and repeat...

But you'd be a complete and utter dickhead. Can't see many fellow fans appreciating you.

You're  not the only one who has paid for their seat ffs!

3 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Wtf has chanting got to do with it?! The point is lack of consideration for anyone else other than yourself.

You’re comparing the football to going cinema. It’s clearly not the same, it’s a poor comparison. 

Like I keep saying over and over again, if you feel a fan is being inconsiderate then report it. I just don’t feel the club will act upon a fan leaving their seat then returning to it. I totally understand the OP, however, what do you want to happen? I highly doubt these fans have left the ground because I doubt they would get back in. More likely is they’ve gone down to watch the last few minutes in the screens then returned to their seat. Hardly crime of the century. 

6 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Some people may have had to go to work....

I had to be in work at 5.30 am and I live in Bolton but I still stayed right till the very end. Although having 2 hours sleep last night wasn't the best thing I've ever done!

• Like 1