Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drew Peacock

Leaving before full-time last night.

3 minutes ago, Blue717 said:

You’re comparing the football to going cinema. It’s clearly not the same, it’s a poor comparison. 

Like I keep saying over and over again, if you feel a fan is being inconsiderate then report it. I just don’t feel the club will act upon a fan leaving their seat then returning to it. I totally understand the OP, however, what do you want to happen? I highly doubt these fans have left the ground because I doubt they would get back in. More likely is they’ve gone down to watch the last few minutes in the screens then returned to their seat. Hardly crime of the century. 

No, at the end of my post I referenced another poster's comparison with the cinema. It was just an example but you used it as a straw man to dismiss my post without actually discussing anything else. 

So if someone is inconsiderate why can't it be discussed on a fans forum? Surely it's one of the better media to debate such issues. 

What would i expect the club to do if I reported unidentified fans blocking my view? They can always say they were just going to the toilet, etc. even if they were identified. Surely better to discuss these kind of issues on here? 

The point is about fans having no consideration that every time they get up during a game (to piss, eat, drink, or think about going home early) they inconvenience others. From your posts I don't think you really care.

What do I want to happen? Maybe people could consider other a little more? I'm not holding my breath.

23 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

No, at the end of my post I referenced another poster's comparison with the cinema. It was just an example but you used it as a straw man to dismiss my post without actually discussing anything else. 

So if someone is inconsiderate why can't it be discussed on a fans forum? Surely it's one of the better media to debate such issues. 

What would i expect the club to do if I reported unidentified fans blocking my view? They can always say they were just going to the toilet, etc. even if they were identified. Surely better to discuss these kind of issues on here? 

The point is about fans having no consideration that every time they get up during a game (to piss, eat, drink, or think about going home early) they inconvenience others. From your posts I don't think you really care.

What do I want to happen? Maybe people could consider other a little more? I'm not holding my breath.

It’s not that I don’t care, I’m just realistic. You are at a football match, this stuff happens. I do feel for the OPs daughter but it’s what you expect going to a football match. Suppose you could address it at the time to a steward but don’t think you can get ejected from the stadium for returning to your seat. However if you are having a view blocked by a fan constantly standing, this needs acting upon. 

It can be discussed on here but the chances are the fans who are guilty of this crime won’t read it. 

On 20/12/2017 at 13:26, adam said:

Bloke behind me who was singing 'our support is ****ing shit' cleared off with 5 minutes left!!

There used to be one guy who went to all the away games in the Champ/League 1 days who would literally stand there and sing that at every opportunity. Some proper bad bad weirdos out there. 

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Tbf if your main prerogative is to miss the traffic, stay at home and watch on TV, guaranteed to be no traffic that way. Too many people's priorities when going to the football are to get a pie at 35 mins and get home early, oh and maybe watch some football..why bother even coming out to the game!!

Never understood the 'each to their own I've paid for a ticket' argument, it's clearly annoying when people leave early and block your view to a game you've also paid to attend. I've paid for my ticket, does that mean i can attend the game naked? cheer for the away team? slap the lad in front of me on the back of the head? No of course not, because despite paying for my ticket, this doesn't give me the right to act in a socially unacceptable way and not be criticised for it.

Obviously i sympathise for those needing to catch last trains home and with mobility issues, but otherwise stop acting the fool.

Admit it you've done all 3 haven't youlol

• Haha 2

On 20/12/2017 at 13:19, Drew Peacock said:

If ever there was an example of not leaving a game early it was last night.

Of course everyone has the choice to, and some people may need to.

But a guy near me always leaves 5-10 minutes early because he supposedly HAS to. 10 minutes after leaving last night he was back, breathing out of his arse. I asked him if he'd seen our equaliser and he hadn't. I saw a fair few others do the same.

My daughter is in a wheelchair on a platform and I had to lift her out, and up, to see the penalty and the first part of extra time because of so many people doing this.

Each to their own, do what you want, but if you are going then just piss off.

The whole mentality of leaving early I personally don't get, but last night if you could stay why leave? Baffling.

I've said this before, every time this subject comes up, my parents (who have been season ticket holders for 25 years) leave on 80 mins, they do this for a couple of reasons.

My mum, now in her 70's does not walk to well anymore, because of this they pay to park at the ground (which costs more than the season ticket). For the privalidge of parking at the ground, if you do not get out before the final whistle, the ****ers lock you in, for over an hour.

If someone wants to leave early, what ever the reason, whether it be valid or not, in your opinion. Is there choice to do so, I wish my life was so dull that I get wound up enough to complain about things that make no difference to me.

I get the annoyance about having to lift your daughter up and I understand that, the same thing happened to me at Disneyland last week, 2 ignorant ****ers put their brats on their shoulders and stood directly in front of us so my daughter couldn't see anything, bit this is down to the stewards to manage and they work for the same unorganisation that manage the car park and it's silly closing rule, so just chill and don't get wound up by things you can't control.

It's much easier.

22 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I've said this before, every time this subject comes up, my parents (who have been season ticket holders for 25 years) leave on 80 mins, they do this for a couple of reasons.

My mum, now in her 70's does not walk to well anymore, because of this they pay to park at the ground (which costs more than the season ticket). For the privalidge of parking at the ground, if you do not get out before the final whistle, the ****ers lock you in, for over an hour.

If someone wants to leave early, what ever the reason, whether it be valid or not, in your opinion. Is there choice to do so, I wish my life was so dull that I get wound up enough to complain about things that make no difference to me.

I get the annoyance about having to lift your daughter up and I understand that, the same thing happened to me at Disneyland last week, 2 ignorant ****ers put their brats on their shoulders and stood directly in front of us so my daughter couldn't see anything, bit this is down to the stewards to manage and they work for the same unorganisation that manage the car park and it's silly closing rule, so just chill and don't get wound up by things you can't control.

It's much easier.

To be fair I'm not wound up. It's not life or death and my daughter is fairly light. lol

But is anything on a football forum life or death, apart from the occasional poster being the latter. 

It's a forum for discussion. I think I just wanted to understand a bit more about the mentality of people who do this, although this was aimed at the returners to the game on Tuesday being annoying, rather than examples like yours that obviously make sense. It obviously wasn't essential for them to leave. 

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Remember the 2013/14 season against Brighton at home. Their 4th went in and there were streams of hundreds of people walking out. 

The one’s that stayed behind created one of the best atmospheres for the last 10 minutes I’ve seen down the KP. 

Yeah man we’d just been promoted FFS and then the big man GTF pulls one back for an exciting finish :rolleyes:  but those last 10 minutes were excellent. Up there with Sevilla at home

• Thanks 1

I wander down the stairs during injury time if the game isn't close due to the fact my stairs are the slowest in the whole ground (in my unproven opinion) and take ages if you wait till the final whistle. I cba to stand and wait, I've got better things to spend my time doing at home to be honest. No chance I was wandering down against Man City though.

This is another one of those debates I really cannot have a strong opinion about. I totally get people who are narked at those who stand on the stairs as they wander down like I do before full time. I want to get out and they just stand there, gawping at the action, it's really annoying.

Is there much difference between someone who leaves a 0-3 game like Palace with 10 minutes to go, and a HARDCORE LAD in the same who is die hard but gets into his seat 5 minutes late, goes down for several pints on 39 minutes and reappears on 55 minutes, but stays to the end?

God forbid people have different football routines than yourself.

On 21/12/2017 at 16:15, grobyfox1990 said:

Tbf if your main prerogative is to miss the traffic, stay at home and watch on TV, guaranteed to be no traffic that way. Too many people's priorities when going to the football are to get a pie at 35 mins and get home early, oh and maybe watch some football..why bother even coming out to the game!!

Never understood the 'each to their own I've paid for a ticket' argument, it's clearly annoying when people leave early and block your view to a game you've also paid to attend. I've paid for my ticket, does that mean i can attend the game naked? cheer for the away team? slap the lad in front of me on the back of the head? No of course not, because despite paying for my ticket, this doesn't give me the right to act in a socially unacceptable way and not be criticised for it.

Obviously i sympathise for those needing to catch last trains home and with mobility issues, but otherwise stop acting the fool.

Who the hell are you to judge?

I live over an hours drive away. My dad leaves 5 minutes before the end and i leg back to the car at full time. 

Anything different would add an extra 40 -45 minutes on in traffic. Does it affect you? 

Did we still turn up to support the team?

You don't know people's circumstances do you? Take your judgmental attitude and stick it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I live over an hours drive away. My dad leaves 5 minutes before the end and i leg back to the car at full time. 

Anything different would add an extra 40 -45 minutes on in traffic. Does it affect you? 

You don't know people's circumstances do you? Take your judgmental attitude and stick it.

You don’t deserve a season ticket

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Like i clearly said, if you act in a socially unacceptable way, you are open to criticism. Leaving the game early is clearly socially acceptable, so stop throwing your toys out the pram when you get criticised. 

It does affect me as people leaving early disrupts my view of the game and I personally find that very annoying. And anyway, who are you to say what does and doesn't affect me? Sounds like judging to me..

Your point about turning up to support the team is also not really true, you're admitting you leave early. How can you have been there to support Vardy in the 97th minute in his effort to equalise and save the game if you leave early? So absolutely no, you don't turn up to support your team 100%.

As for judging, you are on a forum, what do you think these places are for?!

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Like i clearly said, if you act in a socially unacceptable way, you are open to criticism. Leaving the game early is clearly socially acceptable, so stop throwing your toys out the pram when you get criticised. 

It does affect me as people leaving early disrupts my view of the game and I personally find that very annoying. And anyway, who are you to say what does and doesn't affect me? Sounds like judging to me..

Your point about turning up to support the team is also not really true, you're admitting you leave early. How can you have been there to support Vardy in the 97th minute in his effort to equalise and save the game if you leave early? So absolutely no, you don't turn up to support your team 100%.

As for judging, you are on a forum, what do you think these places are for?!

Well aren't you a model fan. Get over yourself.

20 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

what for staying until full time?! State of the game if that's what a model fan is. You and the rest of the prawn sarnie s**t myself if i'm stuck in traffic brigade have killed football!

Or people actually have responsibilities outside football you prized plum.

• Like 1