Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Drew Peacock

Leaving before full-time last night.

I never ever leave early even if we’re 4-0 down but tomorrow I have to,

I cannot drive currently and my last train home is at 9.58 (thank you EMT) so there is no way I’d make it if i stayed until the end. 

Im not a plastic because a)they do not have season tickets b) they’d probably sit at home watching the game on Sky this time of year 

id see more of the game and be more comfortable if I stayed at home but I’m going to the game because there is no substitute 

32 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

I never ever leave early even if we’re 4-0 down but tomorrow I have to,

I cannot drive currently and my last train home is at 9.58 (thank you EMT) so there is no way I’d make it if i stayed until the end. 

Im not a plastic because a)they do not have season tickets b) they’d probably sit at home watching the game on Sky this time of year 

id see more of the game and be more comfortable if I stayed at home but I’m going to the game because there is no substitute 

Sorry mate but going by the judging panel on here, You don’t deserve a season ticket

• Haha 2

Guest Harrydc

Can't believe what im reading on here. There are far more important things than people LEAVING A FOOTBALL GAME EARLY. If people wanna do that then leave them too it ffs

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

Can't believe what im reading on here. There are far more important things than people LEAVING A FOOTBALL GAME EARLY. If people wanna do that then leave them too it ffs

You're right. But it's ok because we have blue passports coming back, that's very important.

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

Agree, to an extent.

They've paid their money for one, their decision.

No-one knows anyone's reason to go early, and it shouldn't be their business anyway.

It's as if some on here want everyone chained to their seats etc..

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

I'm turning my telly off 10 mins before the end of tonights game....fcuk you lot.....lol

Turn it on 5 mins late, make a cuppa 5 mins before HT but whilst doing that ensure you stand in the way of the telleh so none of your family can see either

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Harrydc said:

The actual point I was making has been lost throughout the comments on this post. I wasn't talking about leaving early for the many understandable reasons that people do. 

It was specifically about leaving early in the last few minutes of a cup game that was very much still in the balance and then returning.  And in the process making life difficult for people, who are not able to stand through any fault of their own, and they missed/could have missed the most exciting period of the game.

These people, and there were many, obviously didn't need to leave early, did they? So for rare games like this just be willing to get home half an hour later, and think of others, and maybe witness the magic moment of a late equaliser themselves.

There are far more important things in life I'm well aware, but is anything important really on a football forum? Is a long thread about a lost inflatable dinosaur important? Or is one about a preference for standing or sitting a life or death situation? Some of these posts are funny and some you learn about why people do what they do.

I'm not saying I'm right in this instance, it's just my opinion, and in the process I've gained some knowledge of reasons why people leave early generally. And many of these I appreciate now.

20 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

I thought I was being hardcore getting in at 1am and getting up at 6!

Haha it's the worst when it's a night match and you have to work early the next day. I had the same in the champs league home games last season and the leeds game this season