Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man United Post Match 2-2!!!

What  a game full of emotions and hopes Ndidi’s long ball for Mahrez to chase then pause waiting for Vardy to nicely slot home his 50th Premier League goal !!( now that Bugger is out of the way he can continue on a fine scoring spree!!)

Then John Moss showed his true colours and almost ruined an excellent game allowing Manure to whisper in his ear that was almost an embarrassing display by a Ref and we all say the ref is in the other sides pocket when things go against us but Moss was so Red last night , Amartey was a tad unlucky I missed his first yellow but his second against Rashyballs was a bit soft knowing Amartey was on a yellow card Rashballs made a bit of a Christmas Meal going down far too easily and a mate who’s a Manure Fan said Rashballs had  gone for the foul to get him sent off , then on cue all the Manure players were bleating like Moss’s little sheep waving imaginary cards and Moss duely obliged by a second yellow followed by the Red !!

My god our lads kept going last night digging in biting at the heels of the Manure players even when down to 10 men we went for it!

Maureen moaned and whined saying his players were Childish and our fans were whinging to much at the referee but when Manure scuffed close range chances and then Lingards shot hit the post it seemed to push us on to go for the equaliser and hell what a beauty it was, I was half expecting Moss to knock us down again with a dodgy offside or some other soft reason why the goal couldn’t stand !!

Away to Watford Boxing Day and really hoping we get a half decent ref for the game and we can come home with all 3 points !!

Edited by justfoxes

John moss..... it wasnt so much the big decisions but the little ones.

When they lose the ball manu always foul the first man so that any quick break is prevented.  Pogba mata rashford martial they all do it. It must be an instruction. Yet moss missed it.

When vardy chalenges for a high ball smalling and jones hold him...even obviously shuv him in the back.  Yet moss missed it.  This foul should be clamped down on as it stifles moves and reduces entertainment. 

I have no doubt rashford played to get amarty dismissed.  Moss let it happen.

Moss is a disgrace he sucks entertainment out of games. Even with his help utd are out of the pl race

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats

I thought moss was generally poor but we can’t have any grievances with the sending off. Blame Amartey for that one, not the ref.

We had a clear penalty waved away, but then so did united.

I thought there were several little decisions that racked up after that against us. Cyclical fouls unpunished by them and soft ones given against us.

Happy with that point anyway. One of those draws that feels like a win.

Well I went to watch The Last Jedi with huge expectation and left completely deflated. Went last night with low expectations but left with a bigger smile than when I woke up on Christmas '84 to a Commodore 64.

There's a clear lesson for the youth of today; if you're looking for a hero, Harry Maguire > Luke Skywalker!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Well I went to watch The Last Jedi with huge expectation and left completely deflated. Went last night with low expectations but left with a bigger smile than when I woke up on Christmas '84 to a Commodore 64.

There's a clear lesson for the youth of today; if you're looking for a hero, Harry Maguire > Luke Skywalker!

God damn for a Commodore 64 again.  That, my Spectrum 128k and the day I got my SNES are pretty much the greatest days of my life.  Probably spent more time on the original Mario Kart than any game bar CM01/02.

And aye, I was disappointed by The Last Jedi too, it was alright but they didn't nail it.

Back to Leicester........  I pretty much did a sh1t of joy when Maguire scored.  

Edited by RumbleFox

14 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I do hope we can take that result and team effort into the away games at Watford and especially Liverpool.

Momentum is everything.

Otherwise, it's going to be an onslaught at Anfield. Well, it's going to be, anyway.

Wish Simpson a speedy recovery. Who'll play right-back at Vicarage Road?

I reckon Josh Knight or Sam Hughes and we'll perhaps even go 3-4-3

If Amartey had been a utd player, we would of also expected yellow , then red.

Forget the name of the ref a moment.....

We commited quite a few silly fouls because of our positioning.Ndidi /Morgan  always

gets on the wrong side of the opposition, when deciding to tackle, often when the oppo are already exiting the faceup.far too late..Manutd defenders stood their ground

We were and have been for a few seasons, seem to always be clipping ,

the oposing player, because our moves are too late or not on top.

Shinji, actually is a good tackler, Kante was a master, DDrinkwater

Simpson are good timers.The rest including Ndidi consistently

on the openside, not goalside when commiting.

Draws more fouls.

Maguires penalty shout, it was a penno for me, but would of

been upset if it was given, in our box..

Now then back to Moss....he just aggravates us, innit !!!

I see him as giving in all his games, fouls for everyday

Hard but fair challenges....whistle-happy.

Amartey a bit unlucky, but Moss was right (because of the 1st yellow)

Few refs today, blow up for obstruction, and yesterday his descisions

were inconsistent, and allowed Utd players to waffle in his ear too often.

I have seen him have real top games, then he goes and spoils it, usually calling too often

in favour of the higher team....Though we fans do go OTT, with some of our 'love-hate' refs

Moss aint going to be invited to play Santa at our house....

Yesterday , we watched the game on TV with German visiters, no bias towards the city,

but even they said how poor he was....all round. One did hint that Rashford -Schmeichel

was a penno....but shes hanging , no sorry stuffed ontop of our criggy tree, we needed a new

angel replacement anyway...

Edited by fuchsntf

27 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

God damn for a Commodore 64 again.  That, my Spectrum 128k and the day I got my SNES are pretty much the greatest days of my life.  Probably spent more time on the original Mario Kart than any game bar CM01/02.

And aye, I was disappointed by The Last Jedi too, it was alright but they didn't nail it.

Back to Leicester........  I pretty much did a sh1t of joy when Maguire scored.  

Pfft Atari 2600 was my baby :D 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kushiro said:

Really like how, in the age of Twitter, Sam Wallace in The Telegraph takes 230 words to describe Vardy's goal:

They were caught by an unusual, but effective counter-attack.

It had begun with a United corner that Leicester got clear, Albrighton picking out Vardy and from there the entertainment really started. Vardy, in his own half and his back to goal, knocked the ball down for Wilfred Ndidi and spun around to embark on his own run forward – but more of that later. The most interesting part was Mahrez’s role.

The Algerian had begun in the wide right position, often drifting inside – but with Demarai Gray in the hole behind Vardy. On this occasion, Mahrez had been left on his own in attack and chased the ball long ball forward from Ndidi with Smalling in pursuit. Mahrez seemed to have read the flight and knew that it would not run on once it dropped, allowing it to bounce and ducking under it to double-back.

It felt like the break was over, but what Mahrez had seen was that he and Smalling were still alone and Vardy was coming down the left channel quicker than any United opponent. For what seemed like an age, but was no more than a second or so, Smalling stood off Mahrez, knees bent, waiting for the surge forward. Mahrez, on other hand, was waiting for Vardy, who duly appeared at his left shoulder, was played in by his team-mate and beat David De Gea into the far corner.

It was an incredible goal really. Brilliant play from Ndidi followed by the sublime from Mahrez. His composure was truly incredible and something you can’t teach. And of course a clinical finish from JV. 

I'm hungover as shit but still buzzing from that. Honestly it was incredible. The lads showed great spirit to come back and I'm almost as happy that Harry Maguire got the equaliser as I am with the result. He's been a fantastic signing for us and it would be an absolute travesty if he's not in the England squad for the world cup, unless he gets injured of course. 

Just now, RumbleFox said:

The more I think about the more I am surprised anyone can be negative?  50/50 possession, 10 men, a last minute goal form a beastly centre back.... what more could you want?

And all the media stuff about them letting us off the hook is bollocks.  We had as many good goal-scoring opportunities as they did.

Merry Christmas everyone. X

Too right.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

To be fair, I think we have the personal to play 3-4-3 effectively. 

Maguire (left) - Morgan (centre) - Dragovic (right)

Would be my choice. Fuchs isn't a proper centre-back. I'd love to see Chilwell as our left midfielder, with either Gray or Albrighton just ahead of him on the wing.

Thought we were the better side for long spells yesterday. United had better chances, but mostly when we were down to 10 men. We got a bit of luck in the end, but stuck with it and ground out a cracking result- proper scenes when Maguire's goal went in, I ended up upside down on another row lol

You can see what Puel is trying to do- we're trying to evolve into a more possession based side, and it's working. We're a work in progress and far from the finished article, but you can see the progress and we will be a very good side with enough time. He has changed our style to something much more unpredictable (tactics, line-ups) and consistent (results, perfmormance levels). It's a far more stable model than what we had before.

50% possession against Man United after playing a quarter of the game with 10 men is impressive, despite them being far from impressive.

Enjoyed the late kick off yesterday actually, plenty of time at the pub and I think the atmosphere benefited slightly as a result- especially after Maguire's goal. Plenty of singing as we left the ground, but no surprise that there was a bit of trouble- that's the downside to it I suppose.

• Like 1

When Jose was manager at Chelsea I quite liked him and his style, but the bloke has lost it.

I have seen his post match interview a couple of times, and when the manager has the attitude of playing us as ‘ an easy game to win’, I’m glad they ****ed it up last night.

They should of hammered us last night, and after his comments, it makes the draw feel better than a win, and heaped a load of pressure on him. lol 

Weird. I thought The Last Jedi was pretty much the best ever Star Wars film, bar a couple of miss steps. 

I think Jose is treading the path Luke chose. He’s giving up. One day soon we may see him just evaporate in the dugout, his suit drifting lazily to the floor. I will be watching. 

Although bit of advice for Mr. Moanyiho. I’d get yourself checked out mate - seem to be shooting a lot of blanks currently and his post match press conferences suggest the onset of the menopause. 

Edited by ARM1968