Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man United Post Match 2-2!!!

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm hungover as shit but still buzzing from that. Honestly it was incredible. The lads showed great spirit to come back and I'm almost as happy that Harry Maguire got the equaliser as I am with the result. He's been a fantastic signing for us and it would be an absolute travesty if he's not in the England squad for the world cup, unless he gets injured of course. 

I feel your pain. My hangover is brutal this morning. Well worth it, though! 

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think he was using the "unintelligible" bit as a tool to highlight the accents and the fact they we nowhere near a Manchester accent, I don't think he meant he couldn't understand.  :)

I take everything literally. 

Not really, I think the accents are some sort of generic 'blud' bollocks, post Ali G in nature.

22 hours ago, Hammo said:

One of the most euphoric moments I've experienced in 50 years of following City. Similar to Walshie's late equaliser v Arsenal in the 3-3 draw in 1997.

best Christmas present ever!

My first reaction was to look across at Moss to make sure that he hadn't found some way of disallowing the goal.

Wouldn't have been surprised if he had spotted something that no one else had.

• Like 1

Those saying that they should have defended the equaliser better are doing an injustice to the quality of Albrightons cross. It was a wickedly evil ball to defend, coming in high and faster than anticipated, curling, and just dying to drop onto maguires foot. Those last five minutes, every time the ball was out on the left Albrighton was screaming for the ball to put that delivery in.

44 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Those saying that they should have defended the equaliser better are doing an injustice to the quality of Albrightons cross. It was a wickedly evil ball to defend, coming in high and faster than anticipated, curling, and just dying to drop onto maguires foot. Those last five minutes, every time the ball was out on the left Albrighton was screaming for the ball to put that delivery in.

Yes and no, let's not forget that that one cross into Manchester United's box was a product of sheer coincidence after several similar tries, thankfully Chilwell's ball going forward bounced off a United defender that one time, right into Albrighton's feet.

A limping Smalling made Maguire's job a little bit easier, too.

Not taking anything away from the goal, though - you don't see a lot of centre-backs being able to convert such a chance at close range.

8 hours ago, Gerbold said:

Nice analysis, fuchsy! I've calmed down since the 'ammers game - unlike the more rabid 'Moss-haters', I thought he had a decent enough game. Until the ref. has the benefit of being able to ask for video evidence he (or she) is still going to come in for stick whenever he makes a close decision. He could have given a penalty against Schmeichel - even in video replay it's difficult to see whether he touched the ball, but kudos to Moss - he took the positive decision. If refs were consciously biased towards the 'big' sides then wouldn't he have given it? It's an insanely difficult job for little recognition - yet a ref. has the influence to make or break a game. Yesterday's match has been lauded by a number of impartial viewers as immensely open -  which is a tribute to both sides (much as I despise United and Mourinho) and I guess...swallowing hard here...Moss himself :blush:.

That the team managed to claw back an equalizer evidences the rekindled fight that so typified the title-winning side. Both our goals were sublime. We're aware that Vardy and Mahrez are 'world-class' players but Wilf's pass to Mahrez was a flash of brilliance. He chose exactly the right trajectory to give Mahrez the time and space to work his magic. In contrast Mata's goals relied on our errors - although I'd hesitate to place too much blame on Schmeichs - he's an outstanding keeper and team man.

I was so proud when they beat Spurs this month but I have to say that rescuing a draw from this contest has made me prouder. Foxes apparently don't give in/up - they just get confused when there's no clear leadership.

Enjoyed the reply...

That last  sentence, Totally agree .I dont know if today if its a must, but I am missing that 1-3 no more, leadership a director, or just

that hard wise head, that teams of gone by days   always seemed to have.

If Liverpool had one, (Not Henderson) they would be up there with Man.city....but the top teams, actually, have no real oldy style leader...or am I just blind to it..

Mahrez, I hope he still stays, even if he might not bring that magic every single game,

Its not that he sometimes, comes up against a good block or tackle, but then seems not too

Worried about chasing back (thats never bothered me, why should he..) Its those moments of

suprising genius, then the so obvious genius Moments. Having the hindsight, and actual gaul to then Wait those split seconds on his pass for Vardy, made the whole movement...just..errm well I aint got the word...!!  

I would like to see us in a PL game without Ndidi, to see how the team, would set up and compensate, on loosing his awareness.Is he that good that we couldnt have a equal sense of play and commitment if hes not on the pitch, for 2-4 games.??? 

38 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I would like to see us in a PL game without Ndidi, to see how the team, would set up and compensate, on loosing his awareness.Is he that good that we couldnt have a equal sense of play and commitment if hes not on the pitch, for 2-4 games.??? 

Wasn't the Palace game his only minutes off the pitch since Puel took over?  Other issues were involved in that little collapse; but is he becoming the next Kante in terms of being indispensable?

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Yes and no, let's not forget that that one cross into Manchester United's box was a product of sheer coincidence after several similar tries, thankfully Chilwell's ball going forward bounced off a United defender that one time, right into Albrighton's feet.

A limping Smalling made Maguire's job a little bit easier, too.

Not taking anything away from the goal, though - you don't see a lot of centre-backs being able to convert such a chance at close range.

Do you remember the other crosses he's done like that - though usually to Mahrez on the back post (and even Slimani, once)?  We know he can do it for precisely this reason - he's done it before - the problem is that he hasn't managed to do it often enough.  (Too many crosses in the past year have been too shallow and never passed over the defender/s to get to the back post, or wildly overhit...).

my issue with moss was not so much the red card, armerty was stupid.

But that once it was 2-1 to them, he blew everytime one of their players went down, every single time.  Sadly moss gets starstruck, I have seen it in several different games over the past couple of seasons.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 12/23/2017 at 22:28, Paddy. said:

Would have been easy but you took off Lingard when you were 2-1 up against 10 men and brought on Herrera you daft fvck. Maybe you should just admit YOU were the one who ****ed up Mr Mourinho. It's all going a bit Chelsea isn't it?

You can see why players lose respect for him can't you?

Cant imagine the man utd players been happy he told the press it was an easy game to win, and they missed joke chances.

We seeing now why he loses the plot after his second season at most clubs.

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Cant imagine the man utd players been happy he told the press it was an easy game to win, and they missed joke chances.

We seeing now why he loses the plot after his second season at most clubs.

Why...its good to see , even the special one, not to always ..defend the players, but tell them,

It was them that fked up, they have to leafn to face up.

Not just the hairdryer behind closed doors, but give em a right Rinse and perm   in public

THEY want the plaudits, and the fans praises..So the fans do want to see an openair 

Clip-around-the-ear occasionally....

22 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Do you remember the other crosses he's done like that - though usually to Mahrez on the back post (and even Slimani, once)?  We know he can do it for precisely this reason - he's done it before - the problem is that he hasn't managed to do it often enough.  (Too many crosses in the past year have been too shallow and never passed over the defender/s to get to the back post, or wildly overhit...).

I think that some consideration has to be given to the fact that he's a right sided player adapting to playing on the left for the sake of the team. I think if he was played on the right for England, Kane would potentially have a bean feast.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think that some consideration has to be given to the fact that he's a right sided player adapting to playing on the left for the sake of the team. I think if he was played on the right for England, Kane would potentially have a bean feast.

Except his crosses from the right (in the air) (when he's played there) have been even worse...

Edited by PhillippaT

3 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Don't understand you...your draw against United was a tad fortunate according to Jose.:)

What are you doing digging up post match threads from two games ago?

Do you come in here and search “Burnley”?

If so, we are going to start mentioning Burnley randomly in General Chat  and the music forum. lol

The point I was making was that we got a point and the teams I listed got none.  

Even a Burnley fan can grasp that, no?  :blink: