Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Man United Post Match 2-2!!!

4 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Kasper always gets blamed for free kicks,

sometimes you’ve just got to admire a great free kick,to get it up and over,kasper had a 6 man wall,all big lads,there’s nothing he could have done,

and for those who will disagree,

i think he more than redeemed himself tonight with his 1-1 saves,

i will always say kasper will earn you more points than he costs you over a season 

Sorry Russell I completely disagree, I'm convinced that if he stands more centrally he doesn't concede any of the free kicks he's conceded in recent seasons as that in itself would force the kicker to think more. 

His positioning makes the decision for the kicker far too easy. I've mentioned it before but he essentially says to the kicker if you can aim the ball at a specific area of the goal and hit that target you'll score. His lack of height compounds the problem as he's not big enough to get across the goal. As such the kicker doesn't have to think about where he needs to aim as the decision is made for him. He also doesn't have to think about power and trajectory of the ball either so long as he hits the target as Schmeichel has no chance of getting to that area of the goal which in turn makes it easier for the kicker to get the ball up and over the wall as the pace of the ball isn't a consideration. 

Also factor in that the general standard of most Premier League set piece takers is pretty high in the sense that they tend to have good control over the ball in terms of being able to pick a spot and hit it, and his positioning is the fundamental reason why he concedes so many set pieces from these sort of areas.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Back to manure for a second. I was actually quite shocked at how painfully average they are... boring, laborious and full of over paid over hyped shit. With a bit more finesse in our play, we could have had them.. as for their five or six? ****ing bollocks did they score them? No why, because they’re shit, good sides put their opposition away when presented with such chances. I am so pleased to get again leave that bellend Jose look like he’s sucking a lemon  again....

• Like 2

Both goals against were frustrating.  First goal - in the minute prior we gave the ball away like 3 times in our own half under no pressure.  And an added bonus of being unlucky as Mata's shot found it's way through Maguire & Morgan in front of goal.  Second goal - I'm still not convinced it's a foul at all, and there's certainly no danger in the play.  Once the free kick is rewarded there was never a doubt.

Iborra had his worst game of the year so far.  He'll bounce back.

Okazaki... what can you say.  Guy is an unbelievable player.

Moss can go **** himself.  another poster said it best - he's so stubborn.  he doesn't give a foul, players and fans get upset, he convinces himself he was right, and somehow feels the need to continue the pattern on future decisions because he doesn't want to "give in".  I see it all the time with him.  

Man U - they can generate all the chances they want... they didn't play smart the last 20 minutes.  All they need to do is keep possession and make us chase the game, instead they tried to force plays (or just made bad plays) resulting in giveaways.  As the game died down I thought they would change, but they never did - even in last 5 minutes.  They did a poor job of seeing it through.

At the end just about a fair result, considering their missed chances.  But- we had missed chances too.  That's a game we have the capability to win and is the level we should be striving for.

• Like 2