Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper

i'd rather he stay in goal and I admit he is playing quite poorly now but the replacements are even worse.

Hamer seems a liability and Jakupovic doesn't seem to be in Puel's interests to play any part. Fortunate for Kasper that this is how it is.

Kasper has had a howler today which is shit but he will continue to win us points going forward. When you're as good a keeper as him you don't turn to shit overnight. He'll make some cracking saves no doubt in the next match or the one after that and topics like this won't be seen. 

11 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

the bloke that scores and assists as well as defends, yeah dog shit 

Maguire started poorly but since Puel has come in has been excellent. By far our best player so far this season. Kasper has no defence when he concedes goals like his did against united and today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

Brilliant keeper and club legend. Reckon a couple games off would do him the world of good. It'd hurt his pride and up his game. It means Jakupovic would have to be good enough though because Hamer 100% isn't. 

Hamer's been ahead of Jako all season, he wouldn't be promoted ahead of Hamer just like that. Kasper is dropped, Hamer comes in 100%.

We need a better GK to push Kasper.

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Cost us 3 times in 3 games. If you can give him praise you can critise him also.

happy to criticise him with his recent run of form but I wouldn't want him replaced with Hamer or Jakupovic.

And a goal-keeper isn't a priority in January so I doubt we'll see him out of the team any time soon. He'll come good I've no doubt of that. With his determination and passion to always be the best and be a leader, I really hope he picks up his form and I've got faith that he will do this.

He’s been responsible for three goals in the last three league games now. I actually thought the signing of Jakupovic was a good one in the summer in that he would pressure on Schmeichel. And if necessary would be an able first-team keeper. Obviously there is a reason why he’s not been seen but with Hamer as backup (who inspires even less confidence than an under-performing Schmeichel) Schmeichel is seemingly untouchable.

Edited by chicagofox

I think also the problem with being a GK is that if you make a mistake it will more than likely cost you a goal. Make a mistake as a midfielder you'll get away from it 90% of the time. No hiding place for a GK. He'll come good again but I think he needs a bit more competition, there is a huge gulf in quality between Kasper and Hamer and Jako seems to be frozen out.

Cmon guys we can’t give up on kasper like that.  Nobody will be more pissed at his performance after the game then himself.

He knows he shouldn’t have been beaten on his nearside.  Doesn’t help that the rest of the team were all over the place defensively AGAIN!  It’s got to the point now where I can’t bare to watch every time there is a free kick or a corner against us.  It’s unacceptabkw that puel can’t seem to stop the rot.  I thought he had a reputation for defensively being solid?

i hope kasper looks at these recent cockups and improves.  These are the type of games where we need him to save our bacon kinda like de gea does when utd are having a bad day (which seems often).

Don't understand how Jakupovic can be that bad. A lot more prem experience than Hamer, had a decent season with Hull. And if he never plays, how will we ever know?

We don't see what goes on in training but just fail to comprehend he's bad enough not to make the bench at all. Unless there are non footballing reasons...

Play him or sell him! Kasper needs competition

Edited by TK95