Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper

53 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

He’s lost us as many now. He’s a liability and the worst part of that back four. We need to be ruthless from now on and put sentiments aside, otherwise we will keep having days like today. Time to get rid of weak links starting with Kasper.

The irony of your sig...

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

The irony of your sig...

I like him, and I though he was outstanding in the season we won the league. But the last two seasons he has in my opinion dropped off big style, to the detriment of the team. I appreciate and thank him for what he has done, but I personally think in the summer it’s time to look elsewhere. 

Just now, Callabinho said:

I like him, and I though he was outstanding in the season we won the league. But the last two seasons he has in my opinion dropped off big style, to the detriment of the team. I appreciate and thank him for what he has done, but I personally think in the summer it’s time to look elsewhere. 

I agree.

I even wonder if his inability to command his area is part of the issue with set-pieces.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Shit the bed..... a top five goalkeeper who doesn’t know where to stand on set plays? He’s too rash and has made some awful decisions lately. He’s been responsible for so many poor goals this season so far, and it’s exactly this approach that keeps him between the sticks. Give me Butland any day. 

You’d really like to spend £30m+ in the summer on a keeper? I’d rather some outfield players myself...

7 minutes ago, KJT said:

Well the good thing looks like there won't be any big clubs lining up to buy him in January or the Summer so he's staying with us

That's a good thing? :blink:

I'd rather have the money to put towards a better keeper.

shot-stopping (from open play) and 1v1 efforts are fine.

distribution is 50/50 - sometimes inspired and other times ****ing laughable. 

set-pieces and free kicks have become a disaster for him. 

also doesn't seem to have any understanding of how to 'slow the game down' when required and often has rush of blood to the head.

can't fault his 'passion' but he's certainly not the messiah keeper people on here make him out to be at times.

I really do wonder if we need a better goalkeeping coach because it appears that he's either learnt everything he can from Stowell (which leaves a lot to be desired) or Stowell is failing to inspire him to get any better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Who are we going to buy that is any better? 

Ederson, de Gea, Lloris (conceded a clanger today also), Courtois are the only ones in the league I would consider better than schmeichel 

We are a Premier League club with a scouting network and lots of money. They'll be better goalkeepers out there (whether it be South America or Europe). I couldn't give you a name because I'm not a scout.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Fox92 said:

We are a Premier League club with a scouting network. They'll be better goalkeepers out there (whether it be South America or Europe). I couldn't give you a name because I'm not a scout.

Like bundesliga stalwart and world cup winner Robert Zieler?

My point is that such a signing is a risk, especially with what you'd have to pay for someone to overtake a top 5/6 premier league goalkeeper. Claudio Bravo being 1 example

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Like bundesliga stalwart and world cup winner Robert Zieler?

My point is that such a signing is a risk, especially with what you'd have to pay for someone to overtake a top 5/6 premier league goalkeeper. Claudio Bravo being 1 example

That's one example out of many foreign goalkeepers that have come into the country and been exceptional. 

Butland is better than Kasper and I rekon we could tempt he with a move to Leicester.

1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

People seem to have short memories it was only a couple of days ago when

he stopped Rashford from scoring a seemingly certain goal.

Talk of dropping him or getting another keeper in is nonsense.

Just a bad day at the office all round .... it happens.

Well yes but the free kick he let in in the same game was embarrassing.

Still here's hoping he comes good I can't see any value in waxing 8 figures on a replacement and hammers is woeful and somehow deemed a better option Jakupovic.

all I'd say about replacing him is careful what you wish for. We could buy 2 or 3 more goal-keepers and they could be much worse than Kasper.

What we see right now is a poor patch in form. There's a reason he was wanted by other top clubs in the summer and may still be wanted by others in January. 

44 minutes ago, KJT said:

About a six months pundits were saying he is the top 3 in the premiership and man u, Liverpool and top European clubs were interested in him, if we sell him who we gonna get , we had no one better then him over the last 2 years

Yeah but which of these clubs actually came in for him. Liverpool have been crying out for a new keeper for years, yet even they showed zero interest. Kaspers good for our level but if he made the howlers he has made for us recently, whilst playing for a top European club, he'd be crucified by these same pundits.