Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper

On 26/12/2017 at 16:50, Callabinho said:

He’s lost us as many now. He’s a liability and the worst part of that back four. We need to be ruthless from now on and put sentiments aside, otherwise we will keep having days like today. Time to get rid of weak links starting with Kasper.

Words fail me. 

• Haha 1

leicester fans, in same calendar year schmeichel becomes first keeper ever to save a penalty in both legs of a champions league knock out, think he should be dropped... feck me

he's going through a rough patch but it is our role as supporters to support players, especially ones who have legendary status at the club

5 minutes ago, sishades said:

I have followed City for 40 years, KS is the best keeper in that time.....by a long shot.

Wallington was better…. Or at least on a par

he is not better than Keller or Flowers by a ‘long shot’

great keeper though

Edited by Wolfox

8 minutes ago, eblair said:

leicester fans, in same calendar year schmeichel becomes first keeper ever to save a penalty in both legs of a champions league knock out, think he should be dropped... feck me

he's going through a rough patch but it is our role as supporters to support players, especially ones who have legendary status at the club

Players have won more than kasper and are better than kasper, and still been dropped when out of form.

Some on here take the suggestion of dropping a player who is out of form personnel, due to the fact they did x y or z  in the past, it doesn’t justify playing poorly now, nobody is undroppable, because of their past achievements.

The reality is players hit poor form, and sometimes it’s good for them to be dropped, as they come back hungry, I personally think it would do kasper good, as he probably feels he has no competition for his place.

Just because someone is a legend doesn't mean they are exempt from (justifiable) criticism.

In my 15 years following Leicester he's been the best goalie I've seen us have and has won us more points than he has lost. 

In recent weeks, however, he has made two basic individual mistakes and he should be held to account about them. 

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:06, funkyrobot said:

Of all the goalies that I’ve seen since I started going to city (from the latter part of Wallington’s career), Kasper has been the best. 

Been following since 92/93 and Kasper is the best I've seen.

29 minutes ago, eblair said:

Stupid post.

I don't care if he saved two penalties last season, I don't care if he's considered a club legend, if he's costing us goals then it should be addressed. Nobody is exempted from criticism. 

• Like 2

The howler against Watford and the Mata freekick were just bad days at the office, we have all had them.

he will get his form back i am sure of it, however surely the lack of competition for his place must be breeding complacency in some way?

he isn't Rob Green II yet, but he does need to get back to basics and not throw the ball in his own net.

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

The howler against Watford and the Mata freekick were just bad days at the office, we have all had them.

he will get his form back i am sure of it, however surely the lack of competition for his place must be breeding complacency in some way?

he isn't Rob Green II yet, but he does need to get back to basics and not throw the ball in his own net.

its not just a bad day at the office, it the inability to line a wall up and then position himself to deal with the free kick, it happens time after time, he has always been suspect with free kicks

Just now, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

its not just a bad day at the office, it the inability to line a wall up and then position himself to deal with the free kick, it happens time after time, he has always been suspect with free kicks

i agree. it is definitely a weak point of his for sure.

He's a good GK but not great. 

His biggest problem is that he's a little too short and it gives him problems with crosses and free kicks and control of his box. Sadly he's never going to grow.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

He's a good GK but not great. 

His biggest problem is that he's a little too short and it gives him problems with crosses and free kicks and control of his box. Sadly he's never going to grow.

i think he's a very good keeper.  There aren't that many in the Prem I'd swap him for.  He is having a bad spell by his standards though.  

I'm not convinced his problems with free kicks are totally to do with his height.  He's the same height as Lloris after all.  Schmeichel's letting in shots that should be within his reach.  Maybe more to do with the way he positions himself and the wall? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

you put spider and Muggleton on that list but no Paul Cooper? lollol

Agree.

Always only rated muggleton as a ‘shot stopper’ , his reactions were good but when it came to coming for crosses and defending set pieces he was p1ss poor.

And his distribution was on a par with Tony ‘10 stouts’ Spearing...

That being said as much as I like Kasper I don’t disagree with the keepers that are above him in cropstonfox pecking order.

Whilst I don't think Caspar is anywhere near the same quality of an all round goalkeeper like Shilton , Banks or even Flowers  (though his Dad was), he's still a top goalkeeper. I agree also with the comment that he's saved us many more points than he's dropped, particularly in our winning season. All players go through both purple patches and dips in form.  Caspar unfortunately is perhaps having one of the latter and will bounce back. He's had far more good times than bad however and certainly doesn't deserve a slagging off. 

I do however believe he could perhaps been even better here if he'd been afforded a top quality coach that would have pushed him harder in a different way, I say that only because I'm led to believe that he's quite a keen and dedicated trainer. I remember hearing an interview with Sven a couple of years ago and he was in the main spoken to in depth about his days at Man City. Mention was made of his 2 young then goalkeepers of Hart and  Schmeichel. Though diplomatically he praised both as great young shot stoppers, he commented that he would mostly tend to favour Hart due to his superior performances from crosses etc. That problem was acknowledged even back then and seems to be still his main weakness now. Christ, we've got enough big lads for him to practice dominance in his area against, making sure life is made hard for him to prepare him for match days yet he's still reluctant to come off his line? Surely a decent coach would hammer these weaknesses including positioning from free kicks. Perhaps the sort of goalkeeping coaches we've had lack gravitas in his eyes and he needed a bigger more respected name. The lack of competition hasn't helped either. He still has time room for improvement in my eyes unless he needs a new challenge to achieve that.

Edited by volpeazzurro

3 hours ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Agree.

Always only rated muggleton as a ‘shot stopper’ , his reactions were good but when it came to coming for crosses and defending set pieces he was p1ss poor.

And his distribution was on a par with Tony ‘10 stouts’ Spearing...

That being said as much as I like Kasper I don’t disagree with the keepers that are above him in cropstonfox pecking order.

Kevin Poole was a good keeper but are your seriously saying that he was better than Kasper? ?

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Kevin Poole was a good keeper but are your seriously saying that he was better than Kasper? ?

Ok, they should be in reverse order but the rest are all ahead of him. I don’t know of many great keepers we’ve had pre 60s but I bet there’s also a handful that some would say are better than Kasper.

He’s good, I like him and think he has been instrumental in our recent successes.

But recently  he makes so many blatant errors In positioning and I agree with some posters that it is something that needs addressing.

These recent frustrations of mine is why I might be a little bit ‘meh’ when it comes to our Kasper 

• Like 1