Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (a) Post-Match Thread (2-1 defeat)

Squad isn't good enough, the first team is usually ok but the replacements aren't. 

We're mid-table for the forseeable but hopefully we'll change the squad around and get some better replacements in. Set-piece defending and failing to take leads into half-time is inexcusable and needs to be rectified.

1 minute ago, TeaMen Tom said:

The manager just dropped a notch to me.  Two obvious liabilities on the pitch and he ignored them - till it cost him the match.  Solid job today Claude.

Here we go. So who would you've put in their place? 

Fuching disgusting, fed up of conceding at set pieces, every team we play know how dire we are with dealing with them, and target us with them, all fairness to puel there isn't alot he can do at the minute until the transfer window opens, but we are desperate at the back, we seem to be a real charitable team sometimes, crystal palace, no away goal all season, don't worry we will let you score 3, Watford lost 4 of the last 5, don't worry you can have 1 shot on target and still beat us, don't care what anyone says, and no player had a decent game today, but Chilwell was awful, he puts us in danger so many times by fannying about with the ball at the back it's a joke, as much as maguire has been decent this season, either him or Morgan need to sort this line out as he gets caught in behind so many times, it takes alot for me to belittle my own team but today has really pissed me off

Not the manager's fault. 

Claude has us playing much better football but unfortunately with the fixture ****ing pile-up and key players missing it's like he's trying to play ****ing Wimbledon tennis with a kitchen roll tube.

Claude is paying the price for the mistakes of the managers before him who have FAILED to sign decent squad players.

We've shit millions down the pan and we're still playing mostly the same side that came up from the Championship. Every last drop of ****ing money we've spent has been wasted on complete gash. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Absolute shit. We are going backwards with every game. The quality in our squad isn't good enough. Andy anonymous King, shouldn't be near that midfield.

Kasper has turned incompetent aswell.

Bad.

We only really have King available in midfield who isn't already a starter. We're so light in midfield.

2nd half was bloody shite.

Didn't play in the way at all we are used to and know we can.

The Watford goal at the end of the first half seemed to knock us for six. Gave them momentum and confidence and took the wind out of our sails (a light wind, at that).

And they hit the post at the end of that half. Wonder if it would have been better to lose that 2nd goal and come out with a bit more energy and hunger in the 2nd half.

Lacked so much shape and creativity and just any kind of good football in the 2nd half. 

Schmeichel's had an absolute howler for the 2nd goal but I won't get on his back too much considering 1) the amount of games he's saved us and points he's won means he earns the benefit of the doubt for future games and 2) the other keepers aren't that much better.

So disappointing because of the form Watford were in and the way we have been away from home. Almost a very dull performance and we have to stop trying to pull things out of the bag right at the end of matches. I'm sure everyone would rather we get in a comfortable lead and try and protect as I know we can as opposed to chasing the game to try and get a result.

I fear for ourselves against Liverpool on Saturday. With the way they attack and the way we can get opened up, not to mention defending fvcking set pieces makes me think it'll be a terrible way to end the year. 

• Like 1

Look, the lads obviously had a few  Christmas bevvies, we didnt play well, rested a few, scored an OG, Gomes made some worldies. and most of you are there complaining probably because you,unlike the players., HAVE THE DAY OFF, and were able to watch/listen to the game,

Stop overreacting and getting your knickers in a twist. Bad day at the office and now time to move on.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 4