Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (a) Post-Match Thread (2-1 defeat)

Watford will rate about a 3.2 in the Match Ratings thread.  Too sloppy and wasteful to be a Prem side, yet they played us off the pitch for much of the second half.

We don't have the squad depth many of us thought.  That can be addressed.  Onward and upward, the only way to go after that.

Just now, MPH said:

Look, the lads obviously had a few  christmas bevvies, we didnt play well, rested a few, scored an OG, Gomes made some worldies.  and most of you are there complaining probably because you HAVE THE DAY OFF, unlike the players.

Stop overreacting and getting your knickers in a twist. Bad day at the office and now time to move on.

Difference is we're not payed 50-100k a week to play football, so think we're entitled to have a moan 

• Like 1

This bloke is just doing the same things that led to the 3 previous managers taking us into the relegation zone and getting sacked.

The honeymoon period is over and it annoys me we’re going to have to see another 5 - 10 months of nothing performances before he is inevitably sacked.

We are just not doing anything in games. We are merely waiting for things to happen with no game plan or idea how to get the best out of our players.

As for individuals - Vardy was very poor, Ndidi was beyond that and Chilwell needs to be sent on loan to League 1 because he’s so out of his depth he reminds me of McGivern. Everything he did today was bad. 

Schmeichel is lucky he doesn’t have great competition because he has cost us 2 goals in 2 games and his form this season has been less than impressive.

It’s not even about the result today, we’re a midtable team for the time being regardless (due to the shocking quality of the league this season) but once again there is very little to get excited about with this team and this manager. I absolutely despise whatever philosophy this is supposed to be. No tempo, bad tactics, bad defending.

Another pointless football match.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mahrez the only positive for me. Everyone was a bit shit. Okazaki, Vardy and King may as well have just stayed at home.

PRACTICE SET PIECES HOW ARE WE SO SHIT AT THEM. Schmeichel needs help also, probably thinks he should be at Madrid but flaps at the most simple of crosses.

Could be a useful result long term. We won't finish top 7 anyway. Days like today make it easier to bin off the likes of Dragovic and tell King that his brilliant service to the club is best ending now. 

Fluking results only masks the problems that most of us know we've got. 

5 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Here we go. So who would you've put in their place? 

In all seriousness, it was obvious from about the 30 minute mark that the lineup wasn't working.  They were attacking down the right (and being dangerous) constantly and the midfield was one giant sieve.  

Sigh, last 4 games we’ve been poor, but the Palace game takes some beating in how crap we can play. I feel Puel is the only one who doesn’t see us being so vulnerable at set pieces. Frustrating but better then being at the bottom, I guess my frustration makes me forget how poor we were before Puel arrived. Certainly need to make signings and give away some of our current squad, perhaps try a bogof! 

So sick of some of our dogshit players. Our squad is so unbalanced and shit. Been up for 3 and a half seasons now and there's so little quality beyond our best players. 

Need to scramble around for the 4 wins we need to stay up and then have a big look at ourselves in the summer. I'd like to see a few sales in January to fund a signing or 2.

Disappointed.

First half was a generally poor game both sides. We fashioned some good chances though. Vardy should have scored, gomes made a good save high to his left and albrighton put a great ball in for mahrez to nod in.

Albrighton stood out in first half with good delivery but then we conceded from the corner and again showed frailties from set pieces we had numerous chances to clear the ball and didnt.

Then second half we had no control whatsoever. Conceded again meekly from a set piece from an impossible angle and only really threatened after going for old skool long ball in the last quarter. Gomes made two good saves from morgan and slimani (i think) pushing his header low around the post but that was the only test he had.

Vardy other than his fluffed chance was anonymous today dragovic out of position and poor today up against richarlison.

Were going to have to forget about this and improve for liverpool to take points.

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I'm pissed off but you wouldn't guess reading this thread that this is only our 3rd defeat in about 3 months lol 

Winning and losing isn’t everything. Where’s the fun watching this team?

Short term results have improved but this level of management and the performances will not sustain it and fans will not put up with paying to watch it. Especially if he’s forfeiting League Cup quarter finals.

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Not the manager's fault. 

Claude has us playing much better football but unfortunately with the fixture ****ing pile-up and key players missing it's like he's trying to play ****ing Wimbledon tennis with a kitchen roll tube.

Claude is paying the price for the mistakes of the managers before him who have FAILED to sign decent squad players.

We've shit millions down the pan and we're still playing mostly the same side that came up from the Championship. Every last drop of ****ing money we've spent has been wasted on complete gash. 

Manager put Dragovic at right back and played Chilwell as right wing and played king.  All 3 were piss poor, he deserves all the blame.

Playing a shadow player and a centre back as a right back cost us