Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (a) Post-Match Thread (2-1 defeat)

1 minute ago, FuchingKante said:

I'd argue that Slimani made no impact due to the fact that our midfield was non-existent and therefore he had no service. So it was sort of Kings fault, yeah.

Listen mate I ain't defending Kings performance. He was as poor as alot of them but he seems to be getting the bulk of the slack again which is unfair. What the hell was dragovic and Schmeichel doing for the second goal, oh dear! 

• Like 1

We’re still in a transition of style... things won’t come so easily... we will have days like this more often than not, mainly because we don’t have the players....

Lets just look at Man City (money aside) Pep has come in, and the first thing he has done is shift the dead wood, no matter how unpopular/harsh it may seem. 

If if it was he in charge, I could guarantee that Kasper, Simpson, Morgan, King, Slimani and Kalechi would all be gone. Simply because they wouldn’t suite the side. 

Puel isn’t stupid, and what exactly could he do today? With Simpson, Amarty and Iborra all out a change was needed, possibly got it slightly wrong but he’s still learning about he players. 

Today was frustrating, but Man City aside, if you don’t turn up in this league, you won’t win. Simple. 

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ffs, really are people gonna talk such shite.  The guy offered nothing, he had no impact on the game time, if we had a player that did maybe we could  have scored many goals.

Or stopped the goals....not Andy King

Dragovic poor, Maguire poor, Chilwell shocking, ndidi average, okazaki poor, vardy poor so not just king my friend 

34 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

This bloke is just doing the same things that led to the 3 previous managers taking us into the relegation zone and getting sacked.

The honeymoon period is over and it annoys me we’re going to have to see another 5 - 10 months of nothing performances before he is inevitably sacked.

We are just not doing anything in games. We are merely waiting for things to happen with no game plan or idea how to get the best out of our players.

As for individuals - Vardy was very poor, Ndidi was beyond that and Chilwell needs to be sent on loan to League 1 because he’s so out of his depth he reminds me of McGivern. Everything he did today was bad. 

Schmeichel is lucky he doesn’t have great competition because he has cost us 2 goals in 2 games and his form this season has been less than impressive.

It’s not even about the result today, we’re a midtable team for the time being regardless (due to the shocking quality of the league this season) but once again there is very little to get excited about with this team and this manager. I absolutely despise whatever philosophy this is supposed to be. No tempo, bad tactics, bad defending.

Another pointless football match.

I can’t really argue with this. 

Fucking joke, I felt good prior to the game, I felt we'd do something but deep down all the recent form, all the stats of their poor home form you knew we'd probably flop.

What the point in putting a fight up against the big teams and flopping when we're supposed to get something out of a game.

The draw against Man Utd as much as I enjoyed really counts for nothing now and i've lost count of the amount of times we've got a good result like the Man Utd one then failed to build on it in the following game where we're expected to get something.

• Like 1

Not a great performance and poor result.  I think what it shows us is that our squad maybe isn't quite up to scratch yet.  With a full team out and full fitness I honestly don;t fear anyone in the league.  But with one or two players out we do struggle.  But this was a new system, with a couple of none first choice players and over a busy period.  Not making excuses but I think the meltdown could wait a little longer.  Good game?  No.  Time to turn on the team and sack Puel?  No.  I think people need a little perspective.  Depressing and poor performance but let's give it time, we have had good points and not so good since Puel took over but WAAAAAAY to early to decide yet where we are and should be aiming as a team.  Still think we will finish around 8th which a progression to a different style of football and hopefully on the up next year.  Slowly slowly.

X

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

I can’t really argue with this. 

I can. It is a massive over reaction to a poor performance. We’re a decent team, but our squad is too weak. We all know why that is. Puel has significantly altered our style of play, and deserves credit. The next two transfer windows are crucial. We have to offload about 8 players who are not good enough and recruit about 4 who are first team ready, including a right back, a centre back and a centre mid (in addition to Silva, as for me Kingy and James are not the central midfield answer)

• Like 4

If we are going to have crap performances and results such as today and Palace, the only positive side is that hopefully it persuades the powers that be to allow Puel to bring in some proper PL standard replacements in key positions. Possibly unlikely to be available in January window though, so may have to hope we have enough in the current squad to get well over 40 points and keep us safe till the summer window. Today didn't infuse much confidence though.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

FFS leicester pull your collective socks up and sort out these mistakes in defense!  I’ll continue to stick by em but we desperately needed i iborra and Simpson.  Still the mistakes keep happening and worrying the disease has spread to our keeper.  If I was Puel I’d be furious in private.  These are games we should be winning and like claudio used to say if you can’t win make sure you don’t lose.  How we lost this one beggars belief.  Bring in the new year with silva and iborra in the team.  Kudos to albrighton for running his bollocking off today.

wish Vardy finished off his one-on-one with gormez.  Hope we don’t get battered by Liverpool next.

• Like 1

We’d have won that game today with Iborra.

We don’t, and in my opinion, can’t, win games of football with Andy King in midfield. Creative? No. Strong? No. Quick? No. Tidy? Yes. It’s just not enough. 

P.s that second half from Chilwell is probably the worst individual half performance I’ve seen since Roman Bednar at Millwall all those years ago ...