Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Watford (a) Post-Match Thread (2-1 defeat)

12 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I can. It is a massive over reaction to a poor performance. We’re a decent team, but our squad is too weak. We all know why that is. Puel has significantly altered our style of play, and deserves credit. The next two transfer windows are crucial. We have to offload about 8 players who are not good enough and recruit about 4 who are first team ready, including a right back, a centre back and a centre mid (in addition to Silva, as for me Kingy and James are not the central midfield answer)

In terms of the playing staff, that’s just about what I said. Maguire Morgan and Simmo are decent defenders, between them why do they make such a pigs ear of defending set pieces. That needs sorting regardless. 

9 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I watched it all mate. Chilwell did have a decent assist for cleverly in fairness 

Omg don’t get me started on that howler of an assist.  Could have killed is off even sooner.

chillwell needs to pay more attention. No more suicide passes please!  Too much anxiety watching leicester these days

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

FFS leicester pull your collective socks up and sort out these mistakes in defense!  I’ll continue to stick by em but we desperately needed i iborra and Simpson.  Still the mistakes keep happening and worrying the disease has spread to our keeper.  If I was Puel I’d be furious in private.  These are games we should be winning and like claudio used to say if you can’t win make sure you don’t lose.  How we lost this one beggars belief.  Bring in the new year with silva and iborra in the team.  Kudos to albrighton for running his bollocking off today.

wish Vardy finished off his one-on-one with gormez.  Hope we don’t get battered by Liverpool next.

A very sound comment that I whole heartedly agree with. I feel Albrighton REGULARLY gets overlooked when it comes to the praise department. Even though we looked unbelievably stale today... He still ran his socks off putting it all on the line for the club as he does week in week out. I also agree that Simmo and Iborra being absent HUGELY Showed today. Hope when Silva officially signs in a week he is able to instantly gel with Iborra but also throws our club into a bit of a formation crisis as personally I believe we still need N'didi and Iborra starting. Nice headache to have though as they say lol.

10 minutes ago, esoog said:

Dragovich was the ONLY poor performance that stood out. Possibly being played out of position. You will get disappointed games and can see the reaction from the players at the end. Onwards and upwards 

Same story as Hernandez. CB played at RB and it didn't work unsurprisingly. Club need to stop being bellends and buy an actual RB.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

For me Mahrez and Albrighton were the best in the pitch. Vardy had a shocker aswell as Chilwell. All in all I think it wasn't unfair that they won, but Leicester could have won easily, Iborra was clearly missed

Bit harsh - had zero service. No real width today from the wingers and no centre midfielders capable of picking a pass...and no CAM providing any sort of link up play

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Bit harsh - had zero service. No real width today from the wingers and no centre midfielders capable of picking a pass...and no CAM providing any sort of link up play

That miss was a very bad one, if he scores that, I think City would have won. True he had zero service, but he was a passenger all game long.

Its obvious we need a right back and it been clear in the last 3 transfer windows yet nothing has been done. Whose job at the club is it to see this the recruitment team if so they have failed dismally hopefully Puel can see this and tell Rudkin and his team this is what we need.

Guest Col city fan

Again. I’m afraid I don’t think our squad is ‘undermanned’. We have enough players. The problem is we have a lot of players who aren’t good enough. Iborra was out so we bring in King. Not good enough. Slim comes on. Not good enough. Dragovic at RB. Not good enough. Musa...not good enough. Mendy was signed...not good enough.

It IS like we said some time ago. A lot of the players we signed after we won the league have not improved us. With the exception really of Harry.

Puel can only do so much with the squad he has and frankly, it’s not very good after you get past the first team.

The single most annoying thing about today is, no matter how poorly we played, if we could defend set-pieces, we’d have got a result.

The game wasn’t lost in open play, it was lost from dead balls, which is really really poor. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

Some way overreactions here but that’s not to call the result acceptable etc. 

The current squad frustrates me a lot because we have thrown away victories into draws and losses by simply not making the right decisions. Our intelligence let us down so much. 

I can think of three away games this season where we score and fail to see that lead out until the half time whistle. Before Watford’s second today, we gave away 3 free kicks in the same distance over 5 minutes. This allowed Cleverly to virtually practice and eventually he got the cross he wanted. Same scenario at West Ham where we repeatedly conceded set piece after set piece and eventually they got it...we had another minute to ride out. 

We are good enough to be top half but we could be so much better with being street smart. Considering how early the yellow cards were did we really target those players at all today? 

Equally it works going forward - at Stoke Riyad should have squared for a tap in to Vardy for 2-0 and today Vardy should have scored to make it 1-0. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

The single most annoying thing about today is, no matter how poorly we played, if we could defend set-pieces, we’d have got a result.

The game wasn’t lost in open play, it was lost from dead balls, which is really really poor. 

it's still King's fault obvs.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

You are quite right, but the concession of those set pieces was brought about by our midfield - in which King was anonymous and Ndidi his usual erratic self - being outmuscled/bypassed and unnecessary pressure being put on our defence, in which our full backs were lamentable.

• Like 1