Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamark

Radio Leicester post match

Post match phone in RL seem to manage to find callers who have not seen the match and then allow them to discuss and dissect the game in detail.

First caller last game was  Terry  who may have listened on radio but no way had he watched as he prattled on.Next couple similar and no questions asked .

Are they trying to be PC as viewers must be streaming the game.Maybe I'm expecting too much from local radio.

At least Clive from Thurnby Lodge had always 'been to the game Ian'

I listened for a short while after the Palace defeat and someone called in to say how brilliant Schlupp was, what a joke we'd sold him and how he was the best player on the pitch. Then he said he'd "watched" the game on the radio.

I really don't get how you can speak in-depth about something you haven't seen, especially to people who have. On here, my post match comments are in far greater detail if I've been or seen it on TV because you can't dissect a match if you haven't watched it. The radio commentary gives an idea of what is happening but is no real guide to individual performances and game changing moments.

The radio reporters are in a comprising position as they will be broadcasting to people who probably won't see the game but usually you can tell the difference between those who have and haven't seen a game.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I listened for a short while after the Palace defeat and someone called in to say how brilliant Schlupp was, what a joke we'd sold him and how he was the best player on the pitch. Then he said he'd "watched" the game on the radio.

I really don't get how you can speak in-depth about something you haven't seen, especially to people who have. On here, my post match comments are in far greater detail if I've been or seen it on TV because you can't dissect a match if you haven't watched it. The radio commentary gives an idea of what is happening but is no real guide to individual performances and game changing moments.

The radio reporters are in a comprising position as they will be broadcasting to people who probably won't see the game but usually you can tell the difference between those who have and haven't seen a game.

By definition they're either repeating what they've heard the commentators say or got it from the past that they could have picked up anywhere but most likely the radio or other media source. 

Generally it's only relevance is it's  comedy value.

8 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Stringer treats this as if he's the central theme to the show, rather than the facilitator. He's a bit of an Alan Partridge. He has an awful match commentating style as well - raising his voice to the peak of excitement as a chance arises and then abruptly descending into a monotone when the goal doesn't arrive. It's much the same when the opposition threatens or scores - his relating of the action is inappropriate to what's going on on the pitch. Difficult to describe and justify to those who don't listen but I've been listening to RL's commentaries and Monday evening forum for a long time and it's my opinion that Foulger was significantly more informative and perceptive. There shouldn't be such a gap between the infinitely better national radio commentating and local, but I guess RL don't want to pay the concomitant wages.

The odd thing is that Matt Elliot isn't exactly a great orator but he has a lot more of worth to say.

This generally describes why I have to seek other ways of following the game....the effect of Stringers voice on me is akin to Miss's fingernails being scraped down a blackboard during a needlework class....

I put it on after the United match purely because I was driving to work and within minutes I'd turned it off. 

I don't know where they find these people but some are complete numpties. 

I would've thought that if you was desperate enough to call in and have your say then you would at the least make sure you have a basic understanding of football. 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

By definition they're either repeating what they've heard the commentators say or got it from the past that they could have picked up anywhere but most likely the radio or other media source. 

Generally it's only relevance is it's  comedy value.

I am waiting for  someone to ask elliot to get off the fence.