Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Simpson out til February

Amartey will play. I just hope the people who slag him off 24/7 realise we currently have no other alternative, we have to play him. Yes he's poor but let's not have a meltdown over his average to poor displays.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I agree but I don't agree with the slagging simpson gets and Wes gets nothing.

It is odd.

Its an inevitability anyway with the whole

back 4 that won the league.  Simpson, Wes, Fuchs and Huth are all the wrong side of 30 and Huth and now Simpson with the injury situation, seems

like a good time now to ring the changes. I prefer Chilwell in attacking positions so wouldnt be averse to a LB coming in too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

This is something i've thought for a while. Just like Conte when he went to a back 3, he moved Azpilicueta from RB to a CB. Worked wonders for the team.

I definitely agree - although he's obviously been told to hug the touchline and get forward more under Puel, he always seems to tuck inside when defending, and being the right-hand side of a back three would be perfect for that.  Why he's never been played there (favouring Fuchs on the left, instead) I don't know...

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Amartey's time to shine :whistle:

Ffs... your ‘beast’ is gonna get some game time. Let’s hope it’s not more than a few mins this time.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Disappointing news. Looks like we're stuck with Amartey for a few weeks then unless we revert to a 532 with Albrighton at right wing back.

Or we could actually look forward, try and build and sign players to improve us.

This problem hasn't just sprung itself on us, it's been there for everyone to see for 2 years now across the whole defence.

Sort it, I know it's easier said than done, we can't simply click our fingers and get it sorted, but 2 years is taking the piss.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Matt said:

Or actually look forward, try and build and sign someone.

This problem hasn't just sprung itself on us, it's been there for everyone to see for 2 years now across the whole defence.

Sort it, I know it's easier said than done, we can't simply click our fingers are get it sorted, but 2 years is taking the piss.

What have we needed for two years?

Right full back has never been an issue for me. 

But as you said it is easier said than done, it's not FM, we're not going to get to January 1st bid for a player and then sign him.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What have we needed for two years?

Right full back has never been an issue for me. 

But as you said it is easier said than done, it's not FM, we're not going to get to January 1st bid for a player and then sign him.

The whole defence has needed back up and competition for 2 years.

As you have said we're not going to get to January 1st bid for a player and then sign him, even if we did there would be all the 'he needs to bed in', 'he need to settle in', 'he needs time to fit in with the team, style, e.t.c'...all valid points...and all reason why we should have signed replacements, back up, competition well before now.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Will be a big miss, I’m the first to acknowledge he offers very little going forward, but defensively he has been so much better than I or many others thought he would be when we first signed him.

Some may think this injury will force the management to sign a more attack minded RB, but it’s just not easy to find a competent defender, who is also adept in possession and attack in January WITHOUT being absolutely ass raped on the fee.

We need another underrated, underwhelming player that turns into a an absolute revelation.

A Morgan, Simpson , Vardy, Albrighton.

But As I said, won’t be easy in January when every selling team knows our desperation to fill that position.

We could quite feasibly spend £30M on a £10M player..... (again) lol 

2 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Yet again our recruitment team have let the manager down by not recruiting a suitable back up option and instead signing forwards who were not needed.

You can't say that!

Damn you with your fact and logic!

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Will be a big miss, I’m the first to acknowledge he offers very little going forward, but defensively he has been so much better than I or many others thought he would be when we first signed him.

Some may think this injury will force the management to sign a more attack minded RB, but it’s just not easy to find a competent defender, who is also adept in possession and attack in January WITHOUT being absolutely ass raped on the fee.

We need another underrated, underwhelming player that turns into a an absolute revelation.

A Morgan, Simpson , Vardy, Albrighton.

But As I said, won’t be easy in January when every selling team knows our desperation to fill that position.

We could quite feasibly spend £30M on a £10M player..... (again) lol 

One does not need to present your club, has having a desperate need.

Wth Drago  , Amartey, Huth, Chilwell, Fuchs, plus a youngster being given a chance,

Too many fox fans going OTT creating their own desperation.

Strange  how now some Simpson hackers,(Not you)... step into desperation mode...

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Amartey king will play. I just hope the people who slag him off 24/7 realise we currently have no other alternative, we have to play him. Yes he's poor sub-par but let's not have a meltdown over his average to poor displays.

this is pretty much the same

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

One does not need to present your club, has having a desperate need.

Wth Drago  , Amartey, Huth, Chilwell, Fuchs, plus a youngster being given a chance,

Too many fox fans going OTT creating their own desperation.

Strange  how now some Simpson hackers,(Not you)... step into desperation mode...

I get your point but none of the players you mentioned are capable of being more effective for us at RB than Simpson was and if you put Johnson or anyone else from the academy there, then all opposition will target that flank until said replacement ‘proves themselves’. This could well happen in the first or second game but if it doesn’t then confidence could be shattered.

A lot of pressure to break in a youth product whilst having no natural back up to his position.

I don’t think there is much credibility in saying we won’t be buying a RB or RWB when most of us can see that’s where we’re ‘desperately’ short even with a fit Simpson.

just my opinion, of course.

Darnell may well come in and take to it like a fly to sh1t...

Don't what you've got 'til it's gone and all that. In this case it's true: Simpson has his knockers but he's hardly let us down in two and a half seasons, and is a perfectly solid defender. Amartey terrifies me, and Dragovic is just simply a CB. 

I agree we need an upgrade to move forward - a full-back rather than a right-back who could make us more flexible - but I think this spell will demonstrate why Simpson is no player to groan about. He's just not going to transform into Cafu all of a sudden.

We've needed a new RB for some time now, and we've probably been fortunate that Simpson hasn't had a long term injury or suspension before.He's solid, consistent but ultimately unspectacular and underwhelming, so January may represent a chance to look for something a bit different.

Almeida seems to be the subject of a good deal of talk, and it's that kind of players we'll need to look if we're to go from midtable mediocrity to something a little more exciting. The defence as a whole needs looking at as you can easily see it becoming a real weak point with Chilwell still raw, a distinct lack of options at right back and Morgan, Huth and Fuchs starting to look a little creaky. On the plus side, if we buy well at the back, we all of a sudden look a very solid side that can easily cement regular top 8 finishes.