Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

Ndidi, the most over-hyped player on this forum.

He may get a foot in a tackle now and again, but what happens to the ball after that, God only knows.

He can't head the ball.

He's had one lucky goal and a couple of assists.

I, for what it matters, have no confidence in him at all and I hope that after the Huddersfield game, when Silva starts playing, he'll

spend most of the games on the bench.

I think that he'll make a better Basketball player.

• Haha 1

We were fairly ok in patches today but our problem is, if our offensive players are slightly off kilter, we’re not going to win games.  In terms of league position, anywhere between 8th and 12th is realistic for our team as it is now and is probably something we as fans need to get used to.

On our day, we can be a game for anyone but the reality is, we’ll have off days as much as ons.  We’re not going to challenge for Europe unless we spend some serious cash to not just improve the starting 11 but the squad also.  Without that, every season we’ll win a few, lose a few, draw a few.  Some performances will be mindblowingly good and some will be simply awful but most will fall inbetween.

Today was a good example where we got in front, coped fairly well with what was thrown at us but when we had the ball, just lacked a little bit of quality to keep it and do something effective with it.

Mahrez and Vardy are our top boys but even they wouldnt make a top 4 side.  The rest of our squad is mid-table fodder which is where we’ll end up most seasons.  

We’re finding our place in the footballing pyramid.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dawko said:

He may get a foot in a tackle now and again, but what happens to the ball after that, God only knows.

He can't head the ball.

I, for what it matters, have no confidence in him at all and I hope that after the Huddersfield game, when Silva starts playing, he'll

Why Basketball? 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Shakey's gone now, whether he'd have done better is immaterial. I'm not calling for him to be sacked and unless we're in the bottom 3 I won't but he's got to up is game.

Hopefully he can. Southampton were a bit of a flash in the pan when they got 8th and a cup final. He needs players that can match his style. Let's hope the scouting/signing team are on the same page and that our owners are willing to invest.

Jesus fcking Christ this forum.

Apparently some deluded fans still didn't realize that it's not 2015/16 anymore while others jubilantly call for the head of a manager they never liked.

Can do without this toxic shit until next year.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
21 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Exactly, the depth isn't there because what we have underneath the usual starting 11, consists of average players or shit signings.

The likes of Simpson, Morgan, Huth and Fuchs probably only have a season or two left as capable starters. Underneath that you have Amartey who in two years we still don't know his strongest position, Chilwell who looks capable one week then looks out of his depth the next and Dragovic who has done fvck all so far. Maguire is our only defender that is ready made for the long term.

As for midfield if we get a few injuries in the centre then we're left with Andy King. Mahrez, Gray and Albrighton will look brilliant one week then will look shit the next. If all players are fit the depth is there, we have Silva to come in and Matty James can do a job, as soon as we get a few injuries though we're fvcked.

Up front you're relying heavily on Vardy and Shinji, Shinji recently hasn't been getting the game time he deserves, you can tell Puel prefers playing Albrighton - Mahrez - Gray. Slimani had a good pre season and some good performances in the cup, now his head looks elsewhere. Iheanacho, Ulloa and Musa are laughing stocks.

This team will just continue to muddle along, as I said above, they'll impress some weeks and then they'll look shit for some weeks.

I agree. But as I’ve said before, I don’t think we can judge Puel until he’s had a couple of transfer windows. This is not his squad and he needs time to rebuild it.

It needs rebuilding as much as possible with a clear out of plenty of players.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I ****ing hate how we now just protect the win when we're 1-0 up, we're not good enough defensively, why park it when we'll just end up chasing the game anyway when they inevitably succeed? Puel needs to go 

Stop being such an utter d**k.

Edited by Stan
Mod

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. But as I’ve said before, I don’t think we can judge Puel until he’s had a couple of transfer windows. This is not his squad and he needs time to rebuild it.

It needs rebuilding as much as possible with a clear out of plenty of players.

Agreed, But it's not just about Puel. The Club have to step up their recruitment by signing better players. But first we need to clear out the ones we don't want.

I think the Club are hoping to unearth another couple of players like Mahrez and Kante. And will continue to buy inferior quality. Not bad players just not good enough.

What also worries me is Puel said in today's Mercury that he want's to work with young players.While that's admiral and it's something he's good at, We're never going

to hold onto our best players in that scenario.

If that's the vision the Club have then I think we might be in for a relegation fight, Whereas the addition of more steel, pace and quality is all the current team needs.

3 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Genuinely bored of this season already. 

Great isn't it! For the first time in in what - 4/5 years I can look forward to a game without feeling nauseous and accepting the result.

Still 8th at new year. I've actually started to enjoy watching the football dogfight from other teams.

(A win on new year will keep it that way).

1 hour ago, Dawko said:

He can't head the ball.

Wow trying to be funny and racist at the same time

What a clueless nob end you are 

• Haha 1

Not read the rest of the thread but couple of points

Kasper did a lot better today with corners and crosses started further out looked like a deliberate change of style.

I think we-- Ndidi- only gave away one free kick at about 25 yards out so little danger from free kicks

But we kicked it out countless times mainly through Kasper and won very few of the balls that stayed in play-threw away a ton of possession and PUEL SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT -but he didnt

11 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Maguire was brilliant for 99% of the match but as in most games his daydreaming cost us a goal.

I wouldn't say he was daydreaming more a lack of experience. He got too tight to Salah which is all Salah was looking for to turn him. Had he taken a step back he would have taken the ball as Salah turned or got a block in. This season is a big learning curve for him and he's rising to the challenge.

13 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Maguire was brilliant for 99% of the match but as in most games his daydreaming cost us a goal.

At fault for the goal and continually played balls to red shirts or out for a throw.

Pretty much every match for the last few weeks he’s been at fault for at least one goal. Morgan on the other hand I’m struggling to think of many goals this season that he’s been at fault for.

His poor man marking and tendency to charge forward is costing us. He’s probably lucky that Huth is injured/unfit.

• Like 1