Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

At the end of the day, we were beaten by a better team and in some areas we just lack quality which really shows against sides such as Liverpool. Amartey can make a tackle but his positioning and passing is just woeful. Fuchs has past it for me too. We also gave possession away too easily today, pretty much every goal kick lead to a throw in. 

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I wouldn't say he was daydreaming more a lack of experience. He got too tight to Salah which is all Salah was looking for to turn him. Had he taken a step back he would have taken the ball as Salah turned or got a block in. This season is a big learning curve for him and he's rising to the challenge.

He cost nearly 20 million.needs to learn now 

12 minutes ago, Donut said:

How many times in a season do you EXPECT leicester to dominate a game.

DOMINATE was the word you used. Be unquestionnably better in every department of the game than the opposition for almost all of 90 mins?

Considering we are basically no better than most of the teams in the league who most are very evenly matched, we wont dominate them.

Weve had periods WITHIN games where weve been dominant. 

First half v everton. First half v spurs. Spells in first and second half vs newcastle, whole game v southampton.

Puel is definitely improving the team. Lord knows why we are questionning him.

We ideally want him here 4 or 5 years. That would show sustained success.

This run is 4 GAMES.

He has had no transfer windows. Previous managers and recruitment have stitched him up in the sense some areas he has no cover, some areas arent good cover, and some areas dont have the characteristics he wants to implement the style he wants.

He is still new to the job as well, and still assessing our ability to carry out his gameplans and hes looking how to improve us and where to strengthen.

We will be somewhere around this position end of season regardless of who we perceive as 'easy' or 'difficult' opponents and we need to stop reacting to every single game in isolation.

Actually the word I used was DOMINANT meaning definitely the better team, even the win against Spurs they missed sitters. I EXPECT to be the better team against Palace at home, I EXPECT us to look like we're in with a shout of getting a result against Watford. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Actually the word I used was DOMINANT meaning definitely the better team, even the win against Spurs they missed sitters. I EXPECT to be the better team against Palace at home, I EXPECT us to look like we're in with a shout of getting a result against Watford. 

We don't often agree but recently we're agreeing with alot.

Today's disappointment and anger isn't actually about todays game, it's been brewing for 2 weeks and today it finally came the boil and everyone is pissed off.

The Palace and Watford games were unforgivable and it doesn't seem to have got any better regardless of the opposition today.

I said 2 weeks ago that Palace game will take a long time to get over, when I said it was as embarassing, disappointing and sickening as to Tottenham debacle at the end of the previous season I was joking and it's proving to be so.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

To have been DOMINANT you would have to DOMINATE the game. Youre using the same word in different tenses.

Youve actually gone back on your comment there too...

Expect to look better than Palace at home. Perhaps so.

Expect to look like getting a result v watford...had a dominant spell in the first half of the first half, had two massive chances at the end.

So yes the 2nd half largely was poor but there WERE spells in the game we were on top.

This is the perspective people need. Having MORE of these spells, being ruthless and adapting more each game to Puel.

Youre also forgetting the opponents and their situations. Being desperate for points or playing on a weakness theyve identified.

In short it needs a lot more time.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 1

Amartey was one of the better performers today doing the work of 2 players because Mahrez couldn't be bothered to get back and support him. As for Iborra the game simply passed him by and thought he struggled as for the positives Ndidi played well also Gray although he does overdo it at times. Will be  interested to see what Puel does in the transfer market, just hope he doesn't take any s**t from the recruitment team.

3 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Amartey was one of the better performers today doing the work of 2 players because Mahrez couldn't be bothered to get back and support him. As for Iborra the game simply passed him by and thought he struggled as for the positives Ndidi played well also Gray although he does overdo it at times. Will be  interested to see what Puel does in the transfer market, just hope he doesn't take any s**t from the recruitment team.

How do we know Mahrez isnt told to stay forward

2 hours ago, I am an Ostrich said:

And last week we lost to one of the small sides, it needs sorting.

I’m not saying things need sorting pal. Just saying people don’t need to get too down hearted with the fact we lost away from home against Liverpool.

Just now, lgfualol said:

How do we know Mahrez isnt told to stay forward

Id imagine more than likely he is told to stay forward.

Look at the first goal v united. He was floating in space ready to receive a counter pass.

If hes picking the ball up halfway inside our half after tracking all the way back hes nullified himself. 

"Get back and support" more or less contradicts the idea everyone wants a high tempo high press.

Youre telling him to drop deep and hold his position narrowly with amartey

We were really lucky to go 1 up, even luckier not to be 3 down at half time and 2-1 flattered us massively.

I think peoples frustrations are mainly knowing we can do much much better while seeing us make similar mistakes week in week out.

I rate Maguire but I’ve said before he gets away with murder while other players are slaughtered. He’s been spun like that before his season and he will again unless he learns not to get too tight to world class players.

On a positive, Well done Amartey. I’m the first to slate him but he was very good today.

I said the same thing last week but ill say it again

It seems every single game Maguire makes a mistake that directly leads to us conceding a goal

Regardless of how good his passing ability is, or his ability to not make mistakes in the other 89 minutes of the match you cannot deny that the guy costs us a lot of goals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Excuse me...please sir, please sir..!!!

I actually thought we played quite well. We were up against a PL top side, who play quick,

2-3 touch play to great effect, who know how to pressure and , close down quicker than most.

They were the home side,!!!   but we played some good football, but were not consequant OR strong

enough  Simples...

Picking on individuals has got really petty...All teams and their players make mistakes...

Hey we have improved, we didnt concede from a set piece...

@col city..often in the past mentioned how dire and turgid our performances were....

Even in our losses of late IMHO, we have played decent football, had some decent movement and moments , we have

not quite pulled it off, of late. Turgid and dire , we are not. Puels tactics has improved our play.

The truth is...we are a top 10 inconsistent team, yes bordering on frustration, but hey-ho, we cant be super everygame,

we are a side that seems to have 4-5 game results, under this management/coaching set up.

I am happy...we are  8th.

This petty hacking off of individual players, is becoming boring, it leads to only repetative negative forum.

Kill joys, misgogs, ranting trolls, the "Real grumpies" are turning our happy hours, into the Grinch-forum.

No!!  Sorry its me..I am just a happy clapper..apoligies..I forgot grumbling is an East midland hobby..

• Like 1

it just goes for bad to worst, that was another crap performance, and hears why.

1- fuchs was crap in defense today and his balls going forward was terrible, needs to go.

2- the way we defend no-one makes any meaning tackles, side are just walking through us.

3- it appears that no-one other than ibborra can put his foot on the ball and hold it up most lose it or just pass it away.

4- vardy appears he has lost his pace and his general control is woeful.

5- gray only works when it seems to suit him, he is very average.

6- mahraz should be left up front he is a complete liability in defense.

7- puel has had enough time now to sort out a much better defense it appears that it just continues the same week in week out.

8- we really need to buy some players that can hold and protect the ball.

9- we were lucky today we did not get smacked by 5-6 goals.

we need new troops and a much better attitude going forward.

• Thanks 1

Maguire reminds me a lot of Sol Bamba. Scores a couple of goals early in his time here and loves to venture over the half way line, beating a couple of players in the process.

As a result becomes an instant fan favourite and the pretty sizeable defensive cracks are papered over.

Today obviously wasn’t just down to him

but he is arguably the most urgent issue that needs to be addressed. Somebody needs to teach him to love the boring, unglamorous side of defending.