Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

@Babylon

Replying to your last comment. 

The exception was saints away and Burnley at home, I'd already said that. But Burnley was only because they didn't really offer anything going forward themselves for us to sit back against. 

We score and sit back until the opposition scored. It's no coincidence that everytime we score we offer nothing going forward until the opposition do. It's something puel is known to do. It's clear as day

• Like 1

I don't think we should be having ago at the manager. Let's see what happens during Jan window and if we still have the same dross in defence, then we can all start to slay him. The only negligent part from the manager  will be keeping this squad together. We need  mainly a new team and a new start

Not disappointed in the result.

Disappointed in how it happened.

We need to be brave when taking the lead in games and take initiative. Never play for a 1-0 unless you are in the last 3rd of the game.

I'm not sure it's Puels fault either. The players' poor passing and poor decisions on the ball is part of the reason we kept surrendering control of the match.

Puel is not without his faults however. His late subs are getting on my nerves.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Poor management cost us from a leading position again. Need to have some ambition in a game after we score the first. 

Such an easy comment to sit there and make. 

Put yourself in the shoes of a Liverpool fan at Anfield after our goal goes in. What are you expecting? A big response. 

This isn't football manager and it isn't as simple as 'just attack ffs.'

Our biggest concern should be individual errors. Not Puel.

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, brucey said:

is Maguire banned for Huddersfield? that was really silly from him if so

I don't understand why players do this. Even if they run and put the ball on the centre spot, we have to kick off. Just piss around not kicking off instead. 

Just now, whitwickfox said:

I don't think we should be having ago at the manager. Let's see what happens during Jan window and if we still have the same dross in defence, then we can all start to slay him. The only negligent part from the manager  will be keeping this squad together. We need  mainly a new team and a new start

Even then it wouldn't be the managers fault.

The problem is the recruitment team.

And be under no illusions not alot will happen in January regards fixing our defence.

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

@Babylon

Replying to your last comment. 

The exception was saints away and Burnley at home, I'd already said that. But Burnley was only because they didn't really offer anything going forward themselves for us to sit back against. 

We score and sit back until the opposition scored. It's no coincidence that everytime we score we offer nothing going forward until the opposition do. It's something puel is known to do. It's clear as day

I've listed a number of games that we also went 2-0. You can't cherry pick a few results and call it a trend when there just as many were we didn't sit back.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

We were on top for 10 mins and the last 5.

In between we played 1 up front and looked have no interest in trying to score.

You are blind in your hate of us at the moment.

There are too many "Leicester supporters" who should go and support Real Madrid.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think we’re any better now that what we were before puel came in. New manager syndrome and then revert back to type. Sit far too deep, have no outlet and can’t string 2 decent passes together when we do get the ball. We’re just a bunch of decent players who aren’t playing as a team. Gray gets the ball, runs at goal

Vardy gets the ball, runs at goal

mahrez gets the ball, runs at goal

its all a bit 10 year old Sunday football when the good kid gets the ball and runs at goal.

• Like 3