Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

Much better than the Watford game. It was absolutely inevitable that Liverpool were going to win, we aren't resilient enough to withstand that many waves of attacks. Not a great deal on the bench to change the game in any shape or fashion - as has been said, I'd have kept Vardy on with Okazaki as Slimani was never going to work. 

Maguire making a similar mistake as the one vs Hudersfield earlier in the season, a great performance with that aside but as a centre back any mistake like that is almost always going to punished. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Bellend, face facts that the majority of our squad is bang average at best.. Puel can’t do a great deal with that can he? You can’t polish a turd. We’ve got a soft underbelly that needs addressing before we start criticising Puel. Liverpool are vastly superior to ourselves, and that is thanks to the two previous managers and backroom staff for their appalling transfer policy. It’s annoying we can’t hold on to leads but unfortunately there’s some glaring weaknesses in the side. 

Both full backs need changing, Morgan needs the boot and we need some more dynamic players in midfield and up front in order to play the way Puel wants us too. We were never going to keep them out with ****ing Amartey and Fuchs at the back... never.

Amartey did OK today

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Bizarre subs, we were 1-1, threatening and then we haul our best players off.

Got what we deserved after that.

no, lol. no no no.

they might be our best players but neither of them were hardly in the game.

we were at 1-1 - a point at Liverpool would have been a great result tbh and we had 2 players marked completely out of the game.

it's no coincidence we created more chances and looked more dangerous in the last 20 minutes when okazaki and slimani came on - Liverpool weren't prepared for them and we had 11 players in the game again.

I don't even... lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I've listed a number of games that we also went 2-0. You can't cherry pick a few results and call it a trend when there just as many were we didn't sit back.

And maybe we didn't totally sit back? Maybe we were pushed back by a team that most in the predictions thread expected to beat us by at least three goals?

We shouldn't ever be happy with losing but didn't the game pan out as most expected but without the avalanche of goals?

• Like 2

Just now, FIF said:

You are blind in your hate of us at the moment.

There are too many "Leicester supporters" who should go and support Real Madrid.

There it is, the buzzword of the moment.

Not just on here, everywhere - No-one can simply dislike something or have a negative opinion, you HATE something. :crylaugh:

We played well I thought battled hard and played some ok football when we had the chance.

Unfortunately came up against a very good Liverpool side. It happens though on to huddesfield.

Anyone using it as an excuse to slag of the manager or players should go and toss themselves into cropston resovoir in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

The problem looks pretty simple to me, and not just in this game.

The best part of our game is attacking, but we are nullifying ourselves with our tactics. 

We we are not playing to our strengths again; that will not work out.

We are going 1-0 up and then dropping off with 87 minutes to go. I would much rather lose 4-2 than the tactics we are now seeing.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 1

Suddenly Southampton's decision starts to make sense. Puel cannot read a game and certainly doesn't know how to change one for the better. Why he continues to stick with that bloody system that clearly doesn't suit us is completely beyond me.

We have no backbone. Pathetic.

Just now, crisp packet said:

Why do we sit back after scoring??? 

We didn't today mate. We kept attacking after the Vardy goal. We were playing incredibly crisp, passing fantastic. But Liverpool woke up and began threatening and had quality chance after quality chance, especially down the right. We slowly pulled back because that was the only way we could stop Liverpool tearing us to pieces. If we had continued going forward, we are looking at 5-1, not 2-1. Not that I give a fuch about goal difference, not that I don't agree we tend to have a problem of shutting off the attack against teams we shouldn't, but THIS game, or the game against Man U, there are some teams we simply cannot stop with our current personnel unless we get very very lucky. We need Silva, we need players like Ben Arfa, we have to become the sort of team that can handle the press and get the ball forward by moving the ball more sharply than we tend to. We did that the first 15 minutes or so, I swear when I was watching around the ten minute mark, I couldn't believe I was watching Leicester, we were so crisp and accurate with our passing. But I also think it is new for us, we don't have the confidence in our attack that we should, and the lads are used to defending their asses off, which is apparently a hard mentality to shake.

We are getting  better though. Seriously, go watch the first 15 minutes again. If we can reach the point we can play like that while defending well, we will be a top-6 side. 

• Like 4

Just now, Corky said:

And maybe we didn't totally sit back? Maybe we were pushed back by a team that most in the predictions thread expected to beat us by at least three goals?

We shouldn't ever be happy with losing but didn't the game pan out as most expected but without the avalanche of goals?

Exactly... bit like the United game, what did people expect to happen? Go back to the games in which we beat them and I bet we were sat back and defending most of the game.

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

We played well I thought battled hard and played some ok football when we had the chance.

Unfortunately came up against a very good Liverpool side. It happens though on to huddesfield.

Anyone using it as an excuse to slag of the manager or players should go and toss themselves into cropston resovoir in my humble opinion.

Well 3 nil lose at home to palace, okay 2-2 draw at Man U but should have been easily beaten, Watford possibly the most out of form team take 3 points off us and battered today... I’m worried 

The league has figured out that we have trouble scoring and keeping possession ,Vardy is great but we need a more balanced attack to stay in the top 8. 

Its going to get uglier if we don’t bring in options in attack in January. If we’re not going to use nacho then sell him, Musa and slimani and get players that can play our system. Workhorses, that’s what we need with this system. Kante was a blue chip workhorse, so was Drinkwater. Ndidi is a workhorse, so is Okazaki. Unfortunately, we need real ballers to do better.

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Starting to see why the saints fans were frustrated with Puel... we take the lead with an explosive start but then back off until we are 2-1 down, then try to score again... it isn’t working and Swansea just confirmed how bad we were against Watford... just a shambles at the the moment 

If we don't have players like Gray and Mahrez dropping back, Liverpool scores 5+ on us. 

Don't know what to make of that. We started brilliantly then rode our luck. Liverpool were no-nonsense after the break but I think we could have drawn with better subs. Slimani was absolutely useless

Annoyed that their equaliser stemmed from a throw which should never have happened but at least we weren't battered, I guess

Now is the time for Silva to make a mark, get a new RB in and see if we can offload a bit of deadwood

This barrage of games in such a short a period has shown just how limited we are. All this rotation in midfield has failed miserably and without Okasaki in the side we just get pushed back until the inevitable happens. It's death by a thousand cuts football.  

• Like 1