Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We played well I thought battled hard and played some ok football when we had the chance.

Unfortunately came up against a very good Liverpool side. It happens though on to huddesfield.

Anyone using it as an excuse to slag of the manager or players should go and toss themselves into cropston resovoir in my humble opinion.

I thought you might say that. 

Just now, Callabinho said:

Ok isn’t good enough he isn’t good enough, hopefully players like him will be binned between now and next season. The targets look good, so let’s hope they come in, because we need it. 

Amartey played great, he made some terrific goal-saving decisions crossing the box, and wasn't to blame for either of the goals. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Suddenly Southampton's decision starts to make sense. Puel cannot read a game and certainly doesn't know how to change one for the better. Why he continues to stick with that bloody system that clearly doesn't suit us is completely beyond me.

We have no backbone. Pathetic.

Yeah imagine being 8th in the Premier League. We really are in the toilet aren't we?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was a great performance by many Both of Salahs goals could have been avoided his second should have been a throw in to us, but both goals were defensive errors which should have been dealt with of which Puell should recognise and sort out we leak far too many simple goals which could have easily been dealt with our defence needs a huge overhaul Fuchs has lost pace and Amartey is no Right sides defender!!

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Such an easy comment to sit there and make. 

Put yourself in the shoes of a Liverpool fan at Anfield after our goal goes in. What are you expecting? A big response. 

This isn't football manager and it isn't as simple as 'just attack ffs.'

Our biggest concern should be individual errors. Not Puel.

As is your response. Firstly I don't actually play football manager but thanks for that. 

Secondly the poor individual errors come from the constant barrage of pressure the defence is put under by that side of puels game. 

It's one area of the managers game I'm criticising as it doesn't fit our current squad. 

The Liverpool fans might have wanted a big response and that would have been ok had it lasted 10 minutes minutes or so but we sat in our own box with no real ambition or drive going forward until Liverpool scored. Had we been allowed to continue to attack we'd have caused them all sorts of problems but at most we had 2 players in attack at one time. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well 3 nil lose at home to palace, okay 2-2 draw at Man U but should have been easily beaten, Watford possibly the most out of form team take 3 points off us and battered today... I’m worried 

This isn't the 2015/16 season pal. We aren't going to beat everyone. We will win some games we will loose a few games. Just take a deep breath and calm down.

• Like 3

I really do not understand how people can be so negative! Puel for me was not actually at fault for the loss. A couple of individual mistakes were which no manager can do anything about. The subs for me were right. Mahrez and vardy were becoming ineffective. How people are moaning about Puel makes me cringe. Also I thought amartey did alright on the whole, it's a tough position to fill especially as he is not an out and out RB. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but on the whole I thought he was OK. Gray had a great game for me. I saw a comment on here about when mahrez and vardy came off we wouldn't have any creativity.... Gray was more creative than either of them. Don't know if the moaners have seen the stats of how little time between games we have this period, but I'm sure we have the least of any team between games! 

Let's hope for a positive display and rest result against Huddersfield 

• Like 4

Just now, oldbluefox said:

Apart from his goal Vardy was poor today. Once or twice he broke through and lost possession each time.

He gets no service. Vardy has always been useless isolated up front on his own. He needs someone to bounce off which this system doesn't offer. I feel sorry for him.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, oldbluefox said:

Apart from his goal Vardy was poor today. Once or twice he broke through and lost possession each time.

The problem is he can't dribble, give him more than 3 touches on the ball and normally the best we can hope for is a corner. He's an instinct player.

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I ****ing hate how we now just protect the win when we're 1-0 up, we're not good enough defensively, why park it when we'll just end up chasing the game anyway when they inevitably succeed? Puel needs to go 

lol

Edited by Babylon

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I ****ing hate how we now just protect the win when we're 1-0 up, we're not good enough defensively, why park it when we'll just end up chasing the game anyway when they inevitably succeed? Puel needs to go 

Because logic dictates that if you push up against Liverpool you get swiftly punished. Pretty simple really.

Would our fans rather us lose 2-1 or lose 5-2?

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

As opposed to going out for the 2nd against one of the best counter attacking teams in the country? 

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've listed a number of games that we also went 2-0. You can't cherry pick a few results and call it a trend when there just as many were we didn't sit back.

And I'll answer them. West game we were not the better team, that just wasn't the case. We started well and were the better team initially. Then we decided to sit back. Conceded. (Sound familiar?) 

Spurs. We went 2 - 0 up but after starting Well, scoring a goal we sat on and spurs should of had 2 before we scored and missed 2 absolute sitters in the second half. 

Everton were shit I'll give you that. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX