Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

January is here now, time to see if Silva can give us more control in games. I hope to god we sign a few players as we are unbelievably bare in places. 

As for the game. Typical Leicester. Go one nil up then attempt to sit on it for 87 minutes and only show any intent when we eventually go behind. It's boring, predictable, and it never ever works. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

And I'll answer them. West game we were not the better team, that just wasn't the case. We started well and were the better team initially. Then we decided to sit back. Conceded. (Sound familiar?) 

Spurs. We went 2 - 0 up but after starting Well, scoring a goal we sat on and spurs should of had 2 before we scored and missed 2 absolute sitters in the second half. 

Everton were shit I'll give you that. 

We're were far better than West Ham until they scored and didn't sit back at all, total nonsense.

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I really do not understand how people can be so negative! Puel for me was not actually at fault for the loss. A couple of individual mistakes were which no manager can do anything about. The subs for me were right. Mahrez and vardy were becoming ineffective. How people are moaning about Puel makes me cringe. Also I thought amartey did alright on the whole, it's a tough position to fill especially as he is not an out and out RB. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but on the whole I thought he was OK. Gray had a great game for me. I saw a comment on here about when mahrez and vardy came off we wouldn't have any creativity.... Gray was more creative than either of them. Don't know if the moaners have seen the stats of how little time between games we have this period, but I'm sure we have the least of any team between games! 

Let's hope for a positive display and rest result against Huddersfield 

Really? I'm all for positivity but it was wave after wave of attacks,it would have been amazing luck if they hadn't scored. He should have changed things much earlier.

Just now, hejammy said:

As opposed to going out for the 2nd against one of the best counter attacking teams in the country? 

did you even watch the game? we had them on the ropes, first 10 minutes they were dreadful, we could've easily nabbed a second in that time. But we let them get back into it and with their attack conceding was inevitable. It's not just this game either, that's 3 games on the trot we've got a head and not won.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I thought you might say that. 

Let me guess what you would say? 

'Kasper was crap', 'Maguire was poor' 'puel mad the wrong substitutions' whah whah whah moan moan moan etc.

We have got an exciting young side, with a manager who is changing our style of play gradually.

Forgive me for not losing my mind at a narrow loss away to one of the best and most in form sides in Europe.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vanity said:

We didn't today mate. We kept attacking after the Vardy goal. We were playing incredibly crisp, passing fantastic. But Liverpool woke up and began threatening and had quality chance after quality chance, especially down the right. We slowly pulled back because that was the only way we could stop Liverpool tearing us to pieces. If we had continued going forward, we are looking at 5-1, not 2-1. Not that I give a fuch about goal difference, not that I don't agree we tend to have a problem of shutting off the attack against teams we shouldn't, but THIS game, or the game against Man U, there are some teams we simply cannot stop with our current personnel unless we get very very lucky. We need Silva, we need players like Ben Arfa, we have to become the sort of team that can handle the press and get the ball forward by moving the ball more sharply than we tend to. We did that the first 15 minutes or so, I swear when I was watching around the ten minute mark, I couldn't believe I was watching Leicester, we were so crisp and accurate with our passing. But I also think it is new for us, we don't have the confidence in our attack that we should, and the lads are used to defending their asses off, which is apparently a hard mentality to shake.

We are getting  better though. Seriously, go watch the first 15 minutes again. If we can reach the point we can play like that while defending well, we will be a top-6 side. 

...shame we then witnessed 75 minutes of capitulation! 

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I ****ing hate how we now just protect the win when we're 1-0 up, we're not good enough defensively, why park it when we'll just end up chasing the game anyway when they inevitably succeed? Puel needs to go 

lol Jesus wept.

Our fans didn't deserve that title. ****ing horrible bunch of people.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Puel is not only a poor manager, he is a coward.

He might as well be telling the players as they walk out onto the pitch 'you can't win this, just try to keep the score down'.

I honestly wonder sometimes whether you are watching some Sunday league team, and just transposing all the names, such is the level of your misery however we play 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Really? I'm all for positivity but it was wave after wave of attacks,it would have been amazing luck if they hadn't scored. He should have changed things much earlier.

What exactly do you think he should have changed to stop the attacks? Its not the first game that Liverpool have dominated and created chance after chance. 

I had low expectations for today.

I wouldn't say I'm overjoyed with the loss but I can take it in comparison to the performances against Watford and Palace. If we had shown the application of today in those two games I would feel a lot better generally and I think we would have at least three more points.

We move on.

Expected nothing against these and united, managed to bag a point from one of them, it's the Watford game that still frustrates me, I can understand sitting back against Liverpool but Watford was rediculous, no matter which way you look at it defending as deep as we do, unless you get lucky, will always result in conceding, I believe we have a decent enough defence, but one that's going to be able to withstand constant pressure, is a definite no!! Let's be honest we are very lucky to still be in 8th, I don't blame puel at all, he is playing with a hand that was dealt before he even arrived here, poor recruitment has again cost us, the iheanacho deal looks like it's bombed massively, we bought a 2nd choice gk who can't even get on the bench, maguire has been decent, iborra is a player who we really rely on and miss when he isn't available, it's not claudes fault, but our squad at the minute is a bit of a mess, I'm sure it will.be sorted in Jan 

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

no, lol. no no no.

they might be our best players but neither of them were hardly in the game.

we were at 1-1 - a point at Liverpool would have been a great result tbh and we had 2 players marked completely out of the game.

it's no coincidence we created more chances and looked more dangerous in the last 20 minutes when okazaki and slimani came on - Liverpool weren't prepared for them and we had 11 players in the game again.

I don't even... lol

Marked out the game? They were the combination that scored our goal.

In the game or not they terrify the opposition, they would have had to press us bigtime in the last ten to get a winner and that's where the pair of them are at their most dangerous, when the home fans start cheering our subs totally galvanised it should hit home a little bit.

The last sub was the weirdest, we've thrown on Slimani, chasing a goal so we take off a winger and our best crosser for a DCM.

Strange as fcuk and no idea why people are defending it.

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Come on, he was pretty good today and saved the other defenders arses a number  of times. Credit where it's due against a great attack he did well.

Maybe okay today, but long term he is needs to be replaced for better.

what is embarrassing is how people are suggesting Puel needs to go.... he’s trying to change the way we’re playing with a bunch of average players... the title winning season has been and gone and we’ve got to stop hanging on to some of the shit in the side... given a chance, some funds and an opportunity to bring his own players in Puel will have us playing better football then we ever have. Too much sentiment at the club, time to be ruthless with some of the players and start looking forward.

Bearing in mind how poor we are on corners did anyone notice Schmeichel coming off his line to punch clear instead of standing there like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He did well, especially in the first half when we were under the cosh for a large part of it.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I ****ing hate how we now just protect the win when we're 1-0 up, we're not good enough defensively, why park it when we'll just end up chasing the game anyway when they inevitably succeed? Puel needs to go 

He's been here 13 matches, our squad is terrible, give the man a chance.

Defeats are always difficult to stomach - especially after going 1-0 up - but it's a decent consolation to go into the New Year in eighth. Losing today was kind of inevitable but I hope the gamble of playing our best team does not backfire because the players have only two days to rest and we simply have to beat Huddersfield. That game is now pivotal to our whole season.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

did you even watch the game? we had them on the ropes, first 10 minutes they were dreadful, we could've easily nabbed a second in that time. But we let them get back into it and with their attack conceding was inevitable. It's not just this game either, that's 3 games on the trot we've got a head and not won.

Yes defensively they are not as good, but that doesn't stop them being a great counter attacking team and yes I did watch the match, did you happen to see any other match ever? It's normal for both teams to have moments of pressure during games, the difference being the amount of time each time has of said pressure. 

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Marked out the game? They were the combination that scored our goal.

In the game or not they terrify the opposition, they would have had to press us bigtime in the last ten to get a winner and that's where the pair of them are at there most dangerous, when the home fans start cheering our subs totally galvanised it should hit home a little bit.

The last sub was the weirdest, we've thrown on Slimani, chasing a goal so we take off a winger and our best crosser for a DCM.

Strange as fcuk and no idea why people are defending it.

To be fair Matt, it was 1-1, we have e another game in 2 days.  Using Slimani to do some do key work and Shinji muff dive, seemed sensible.  But they scored and the rest is history

1 minute ago, oldbluefox said:

Bearing in mind how poor we are on corners did anyone notice Schmeichel coming off his line to punch clear instead of standing there like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He did well, especially in the first half when we were under the cosh for a large part of it.

They didn't put a man on him like most teams do. As soon as someone stand s near him, he can't get out.