Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

What exactly do you think he should have changed to stop the attacks? Its not the first game that Liverpool have dominated and created chance after chance. 

He's got 7 subs on the bench, if he can't use them to change a game there's no point bringing them? Okazaki should have come on much earlier.probably should have started away to Liverpool. Mahrez contributed nothing after the 3rd minute, an extra midfielder could have helped

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Yes defensively they are not as good, but that doesn't stop them being a great counter attacking team and yes I did watch the match, did you happen to see any other match ever? It's normal for both teams to have moments of pressure during games, the difference being the amount of time each time has of said pressure. 

and when you've got the upper hand you don't just hand it over, sitting back with a 2 goal lead would've made perfect sense, I'm not advocating chucking several men forward, but ten men behind the ball was never going to work against this team. We played for luck rather than having an actual tactical plan and it's the 3rd game on the trot we've done this. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

He's got 7 subs on the bench, if he can't use them to change a game there's no point bringing them? Okazaki should have come on much earlier.probably should have started away to Liverpool. Mahrez contributed nothing after the 3rd minute, an extra midfielder could have helped

And if we started Okazaki instead of Mahrez, how do you think that would have gone down on here. (incidently I think we still would have lost) 

I think they caught Liverpool while they were slow to get into the match.  And Claude's strategy was if he got a lead to just defend and try to absorb the pressure.  Almost worked. But the back line inevitably breaks down once or twice a match against the top sides - and that's exactly what happened. Whatever positivity there was the final 15 minutes was a result of Liverpool deciding to protect their lead. 

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Disappointed.

Liverpool are up there with the top attacking teams in this league but it sounds like at 1-0 we rolled over, what people forget is whilst they are up there with the top attacking teams in the league they are also down there with the worst defending teams in the league.

I just wanna take this opportunity once again to thank our useless joke of a recruitment team for putting us in the position of having no back up RB and having to use makeshift one and now we have no decent CB deputy for Maguire in the next game, along with that we have £60m's (And the rest) worth of useless strikers sat around the club none of them I have faith of coming in and replacing an injured Vardy. :clap::clap::clap:

Well done, well done.

Happy New Year.:

Not saying I am not disappointed but Liverpool have the 6th best defensive record in the league and at home their defence has been amazing.  Still gutted we didn't win though but reserving judgement until we have a few more games against "winable" opposition.  Whilst I always dream/hope we will beat the big boys I would never EXPECT to beat the 4th best team in the league at home, nor get too depressed if we lose.  Come on you Foxes.  Onwards and upwards. X

Edited by RumbleFox

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

So what's your solution? If it's that bad?

Sack Puel?

Sell vardy?

Swap the kop with the family stand?

Sack the recruitment team, I don't know how many times I have to say this is where our problems lie because let me tell you, nothing, I repeat nothing will change while they are still here, we will remain to treat water (At best), we cannot go forward with them still at the club, listen Shakespeare had to go, we were only going south with him in charge but I said when we sacked him/when Puel come in it was pointless sacking Shakespeare (Or Ranieri) while the recruitment team have got jobs for life.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

and when you've got the upper hand you don't just hand it over, sitting back with a 2 goal lead would've made perfect sense, I'm not advocating chucking several men forward, but ten men behind the ball was never going to work against this team. We played for luck rather than having an actual tactical plan and it's the 3rd game on the trot we've done this. 

I agree with this in principle , but you have to understand the game. Liverpool were always going to come out in numbers a goal down, and if we carried on trying to push for a second they would have punished us. The game at 0-0 is very different, Liverpool wouldn't see the need to push out with lots of players.  

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

So what's your solution? If it's that bad?

Sack Puel?

Sell vardy?

Swap the kop with the family stand?

Puel just needs to wake up and stop being such a stubborn old fool. He is a capable manager who refuses to move from plan A which isn't working. Play vardy and okazaki together. Make subs earlier. Don't sit back and invite pressure. Is it really that hard?

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I agree we never sat back after going 1-0 up before. but all of a sudden we go out for an early goal then defend, the instructions must be coming from somewhere and this was Southampton fans biggest complaint except they had  better defense and won a lot of games 1-0.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Not saying I am not disappointed but Liverpool have the 5th best defensive record in the league and at home their defence has been amazing.  Still gutted we didn't win though but reserving judgement until we have a few more games against "winable" opposition.  Whilst I always dream/hope we will beat the big boys I would never EXPECT to beat the 4th best team in the league at home, nor get too depressed if we lose.  Come on you Foxes.  Onwards and upwards. X

There defence is still shaky, dodgy, and dogshit. I am shocked it's the 5th best! Genuinely.

I'm not depressed about losing to Liverpool, but I am however getting depressed and angry (still!) about being battered by Palace and Watford and it keeps getting compounded because of that and I don't see it changing against Huddersfield.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

And if we started Okazaki instead of Mahrez, how do you think that would have gone down on here. (incidently I think we still would have lost) 

He should have played instead of Gray and everyone would have understood that.

• Like 2