Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Liverpool 2 Leicester 1 post match thread

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Even before the game started we were always going to be on the back foot for long periods. They've got a player who is in the richest vein of form of his career and the rest of their attack are losing confidence too. It was great to go 1-0 up so early but it was always going to be so hard to build on it. It's been a tough schedule, we've had the least amount of recovery time over Christmas, fitting in two away games as well. It's always disappointing to lose of course but this game won't define our season. 

Write it off, move on and look forward to a winnable (yet tricky) game on Monday. 

No, getting battered by Palace, losing to Watford the team who are in one of the worst runs of form at the time and struggling against teams we should be looking to get points and win will.

People moan about Burnley being painted in the way the are, about them being lucky, let's ask some questions of our own team before slagging others off, if we turned up in games, i'm mainly looking at the Palace and Watford games but i'm talking about all games we wouldn't be that far (if at all behind Burnley), but no, we don't turn up, we underestimate teams, we disrespect team and think we'll just roll them over....DIG IN FFS!

6 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Fuchs should go to USA after this season,thanks for eveything

Amartey is not RB,he is not even defender

Maguire  being best and worst same time,he is always making fatal errors

classic Albrighton game,where he does nothing.he is too much overrated :)

Well Mahrez... just leave already for 70 mil

Amartey was fine. Albrighton always keeps the tempo up, closes players down, even when he's relatively ineffective. Harder to argue with your other points.

Guest Kopfkino
5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I can accept us losing, I'm blaming not the players, there was plenty of effort there today. I just can't understand how the manager is setting us up to play and I can't understand his subs.

I don't really think he has the players to do what he wants to do. Appears to me that he has 13 or 14 players that he likes and the rest he's just making do with cos he needs numbers. That's not a problem when you're playing once a week but when you're playing 8 or 9 games in such a short period of time, it's difficult.

Oooh Puel's being interviewed....Nap time! :sleep:

:crylaugh: Stinger asking if Maguire suspended....I don't think he got an answer, I don't know :dunno: neither does Stringer, neither does RL! :crylaugh: and people say it doesn't matter if you don't understand him.

Let's just consult the rule book should we?!

Edited by Matt

We're an average Premier League team and will be mid-table. In August I'd have definitely taken that, after relegation fears from last season, but this recent run has been pretty dull. The two goals against United were fantastic moments, but that's pretty much where we are now.

The League Cup could have provided the most excitement, but we blew that. I'd much rather have a dull mid-table season than be in a relegation scrap, but we dont deserve to be where Burnley are. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

And once again -  it's not about being possession based, possession is irrelevant. It's about what you do with the ball when you have it. Whether we have 5% or 95%, what we do with the ball is dogshit. That's got nothing to do with getting in new players, giving them time, or any of that nonsense.

We just have no options off the ball. Why? We are set up extremely poorly because we're too deep - Vardy is on his own and we don't have the balls to throw men forward in attack. And if our players are deep where can we possibly receive the ball except deep? And then what? Oh - all of our players are marked and our defenders are being pressed. Better get rid. Maybe if we pressed we'd give other teams that problem. But nah, we're not interested in causing other teams problems.

The bottom line is, because of our poor tactics, we have no one to pass to. So what do we do? Panic and hoof it. That's the bloody reason we don't make use of possession. Not because our players can't pass FFS.

If people would rather we make it more difficult for ourselves by slowing it down and then trying to pass out from the back through 11 opposition players, then fine. But I find that a horrendous watch and, I hate to break it to you, isn't going to work nearly as well as you imagine it when you watch Spain. As is currently being displayed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

I don't really think he has the players to do what he wants to do. Appears to me that he has 13 or 14 players that he likes and the rest he's just making do with cos he needs numbers. That's not a problem when you're playing once a week but when you're playing 8 or 9 games in such a short period of time, it's difficult.

I think you have a really good point, we played magnificent against spurs but failed to produce that again.

Fuchs is finished

Danny is not attacking enough

Chilwell is still learning

Amertey is poor man's Danny

Maguire is oveehyped but he lacks experience and makes mistakes

Ibbora wanders around alot and I feel he is better in an advance formation

Gray is still inexperienced

Mahrez is hot and cold but still our best player

Albrighton is hot and cold like my Mrs

Slimani is shit

Ullua is shit

Vardy, we've stopped playing to his strengths

Puel likes this slow possession football, we ain't that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

We're an average Premier League team and will be mid-table. In August I'd have definitely taken that, after relegation fears from last season, but this recent run has been pretty dull. The two goals against United were fantastic moments, but that's pretty much where we are now.

The League Cup could have provided the most excitement, but we blew that. I'd much rather have a dull mid-table season than be in a relegation scrap, but we dont deserve to be above Burnley. 

:crylaugh:

Here we go, why not?

I beat you to it already, I knew someone would be going on about that, i'll just quote myself again.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, getting battered by Palace, losing to Watford the team who are in one of the worst runs of form at the time and struggling against teams we should be looking to get points and win will.

People moan about Burnley being painted in the way the are, about them being lucky, let's ask some questions of our own team before slagging others off, if we turned up in games, i'm mainly looking at the Palace and Watford games but i'm talking about all games we wouldn't be that far (if at all behind Burnley), but no, we don't turn up, we underestimate teams, we disrespect team and think we'll just roll them over....DIG IN FFS!

Edited by Matt

Disappointing but Liverpool are a much superior side to us, not sure what people are expecting. They create chances for fun, against better sides than us, and it was always going to be a difficult game. 

the squad needs an overhaul, we do enough to finish comfortably mid table and then we give Puel the summer to build the team he wants. 

Brilliant first few games, poor for the next few but that's the level we are. An ordinary mid table side.

not to say Puel can't be criticised but some of the comments in this thread have been embarrassingly knee jerk.  

20 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Thanks ref for the generous 70 seconds off added time (ball in play) you spineless coward.

He definately let the Scouse crowd sway his decisions we should have had at least 2 free kicks just outside their box towards the end of the game and the ball was way over the line and should have been a throw in for us before he scored his second  !!

Edited by justfoxes

9 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Puel just needs to wake up and stop being such a stubborn old fool. He is a capable manager who refuses to move from plan A which isn't working. Play vardy and okazaki together. Make subs earlier. Don't sit back and invite pressure. Is it really that hard?

Claude Puel played nearly 500 top flight games for Monaco. He has managed top flight sides for over 500 giving him over a thousand games worth of experience. He has won leagues as both a player and manger. At city he has won 5 and drawn 3 of his first 12 games including games against spurs, man city, man united and Liverpool. 

So in a nutshell you will forgive me for trusting his his tactics and in game management over you. A pint swilling, pie munching nobody (in footballing terms) whose opinion means as much as the rest of us diddly squat. 

37 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We played well I thought battled hard and played some ok football when we had the chance.

Unfortunately came up against a very good Liverpool side. It happens though on to huddesfield.

Anyone using it as an excuse to slag of the manager or players should go and toss themselves into cropston resovoir in my humble opinion.

People are allowed to criticise, aren't they? It'd be boring if they didn't. It would also mean being endlessly satisfied- happy to settle for what we've got - and not expecting anything more. It's a very unambitious approach.  And I can't go along with the implication in your message that there wasn't much we could do about losing today. Liverpool are far from invincible at home and we showed weaknesses, some of which we also make against less lofty opposition, which were costly.

I'm sure the people who are disappointed with this are looking at the game in its context, i.e. one point from four, three leads given away. People's gripes won't be gripes based purely on what happened today.

Today we were on the back foot because Gray and Mahrez needed to press more (Vardy was chasing shadows, they too often sat back and neither joined the defence, nor the press). Liverpool were able to set up camp in our half at times. Iborra, as fine a player as he is, was occasionally a little immobile in the middle and while Ndidi did well he missed out on some crucial 50-50s. Above all, the left half of the defence was poor, again.

It's not too much to ask that we compete for a mid-table finish and we will need to improve on the weaknesses we saw today, and which we also saw in the three previous games, if that's to happen.

• Like 1

Right....lets get started

People saying the subs were bizarre. OK what threat were we posing downt he wings today. I didn't see Mahrez, Gray and Alrbighton get in the game. For me Puel saw that this was just not working and tried to pack the middle after we went behind. Whats wrong with that?

We need to accept that we lack a CAM that can hold the ball and creative. so when we go infront at Liverpool we are going to fall back and defend to deep. Liverpool know that our outlets our our wingers, nulify those and they'll dominate.

We also need to accept we need modern playing fullbacks. Amarty is ok as a stand in but we need to upgrade this position to be able to control the game better

Ndidi had a great game today but he cant do all the running on his own.

Overall disapointed but better than Cyrstal Palace game and I really like what Puel is trying to do and I'm prepaerd to give him a couple of transfer windows to bring in the players he needs.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Let's remember we've got no given right to win any game just because we think we should be winning. We didn't turn up against Palace and they actually played well. Watford we should've got some sort of result but our inability to defend set pieces cost us. 

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

People are allowed to criticise, aren't they? It'd be boring if they didn't. It would also mean being endlessly satisfied- happy to settle for what we've got - and not expecting anything more. It's a very unambitious approach.  And I can't go along with the implication in your message that there wasn't much we could do about losing today. Liverpool are far from invincible at home and we showed weaknesses, some of which we also make against less lofty opposition, which were costly.

I'm sure the people who are disappointed with this are looking at the game in its context, i.e. one point from four, three leads given away. People's gripes won't be gripes based purely on what happened today.

Today we were on the back foot because Gray and Mahrez needed to press more (Vardy was chasing shadows, they too often sat back and neither joined the defence, nor the press). Liverpool were able to set up camp in our half at times. Iborra, as fine a player as he is, was occasionally a little immobile in the middle and while Ndidi did well he missed out on some crucial 50-50s. Above all, the left half of the defence was poor, again.

It's not too much to ask that we compete for a mid-table finish and we will need to improve on the weaknesses we saw today, and which we also saw in the three previous games, if that's to happen.

I would never have an issue with a fair and reasoned appraisal of the performance and our recent form such as this. It's the player x is shit or the manager is clueless brigade that irk me. 

• Like 1