Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

How long will Puel last?

I was at Anfield on Saturday and thought we played the wrong tactics. Same against Watford. When Claudio was in charge, the game plan was obvious, press the opposition when they have the ball, force a mistake. We did that for the goal against Liverpool but then just sat back and waited for the onslaught. If that is how Puel is going to set up his teams then I will give him to the end of the season but no.longer. A blind man could see what was wrong on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, brisfox said:

I was at Anfield on Saturday and thought we played the wrong tactics. Same against Watford. When Claudio was in charge, the game plan was obvious, press the opposition when they have the ball, force a mistake. We did that for the goal against Liverpool but then just sat back and waited for the onslaught. If that is how Puel is going to set up his teams then I will give him to the end of the season but no.longer. A blind man could see what was wrong on Saturday.

What level have you coached and managed at that has led to a 42% win rate mate? Presumably with your tactical genius you’ve surpassed Claude’s achievements Yes?

Edited by Nickfosse

He's not had a transfer window and has a particular way in which he wants his team to play, at this point its not really his squad - I'd give him another year on from this season unless clearly it all goes to complete pot internally.

To be honest I dont really like his media persona and so I assume many others wont either. I cant concentrate through post game interviews any more and there's a seemingly lacklustre attitude towards taking beatings and just rolling through it all without much shame but I suppose thats just a part of being a mid-table team which is something we've luckily not been used to in a while. It has to get better than it has been in regards to higher consistency performance wise though, some astute signings who add to the team wouldnt go a miss either.

The problem is that our tactic against liverpool was sit sit back and soak it up and be SOLID.  Unfortuantely we aren't very solid at all at the moment, that is one of our weaknesses.  We are a far better team, playing on the front foot.  There are a lot better teams defensively that are below us in the table.  Just look at how Palace defended against City today and how WBA defended against Arsenal,  WBA in particular have built their whole philosophy under Pullis on being excellently defensively. 

Was it a case of right tactics poorly executed?  Who knows!  It would have been interesting to see what the result would have been if we would have pressured them with the high press and took the game to them, because our goal actually came from a mistake after a bit of pressure.

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

The problem is that our tactic against liverpool was sit sit back and soak it up and be SOLID.  Unfortuantely we aren't very solid at all at the moment, that is one of our weaknesses.  We are a far better team, playing on the front foot.  There are a lot better teams defensively that are below us in the table.  Just look at how Palace defended against City today and how WBA defended against Arsenal,  WBA in particular have built their whole philosophy under Pullis on being excellently defensively. 

Was it a case of right tactics poorly executed?  Who knows!  It would have been interesting to see what the result would have been if we would have pressured them with the high press and took the game to them, because our goal actually came from a mistake after a bit of pressure.

They’ve been banging in 5 goals against most clubs in the league so holding out for that long makes us pretty solid. Maybe our goal came too early and we looked to protect it

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

They’ve been banging in 5 goals against most clubs in the league so holding out for that long makes us pretty solid. Maybe our goal came too early and we looked to protect it

I see your point, but lets be honest, on any other day it could have been 3 or 4 by half time!

10 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

I see your point, but lets be honest, on any other day it could have been 3 or 4 by half time!

I dunno I thought we were pretty resolute in all honesty. Saying that I’ve had a few drinks tonight so maybe my memory of it’s changed lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

Based on our previous managers he'll last one or two transfer windows and if he touches the relegation zone he'll be sacked.

We've been spoiled. We half expect European football. And forget the amount of work it took to get us there. And we assume that work's been done and doesn't need to be done again.

I want him to last at least two transfer windows. I want him to get in the players he wants. I want us to stamp his style on our tactics.

I'd love someone to be given as much time as Pearson was. But we're in the premier league. And the difference between relegation and survival is not as forgiving.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What difference does that make? Go and write one of your open letters you melt

You obviously have a much better view of the situation by not being there and watching the highlights on match of the day than somebody who actually goes to the games

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, brisfox said:

You obviously have a much better view of the situation by not being there and watching the highlights on match of the day than somebody who actually goes to the games

Going to the game doesn’t make you any less of an idiot. I’ve had 10 years of season tickets and have never spouted the sort of drivel you do

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brisfox said:

How old are you, genuine question no mocking attached.

He should play to the current teams strengths. That's what won us the league. Trying to play a different style is what got Claudio fired.

He can buy players over several seasons, phase out the older players, and adapt the style slowly. Maybe that's why our bench is heavy with expensive 'talent'.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Jury is still out for me. 

All this talk of transfer windows is nonsense. The targets will have been identified long before puel was here and Rudkin and Co will spunk 30m on the next slimani/nacho. 

Edited by m4DD0gg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

How old are you, genuine question no mocking attached.

61. Been watching City since 1963. Season ticket holder since 1973. I go to most away games. I call it as I see it. Liverpool had 2 goals disallowed  on Saturday. I was counting how.many seconds their players were alloqed before being challenged and it was about 6 seconds. We didnt press them enough. Disagree all you like but dont just base you opinions on 10 mins of match of the day.