Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

How long will Puel last?

Can sort of see the flaws in which Southampton fans ultimately forced him out for 

Major concern for me is the subs. Constantly bizarre timings always too late...then the changes are also odd to say the least. One thing Claudio was great at in the title season... Subs were usually bang on and could be game changing. 

But Puel needs his own transfer window too first though to balance the squad. Our complete lack of reinforcements at right back and especially on the wing is really showing. 

25 minutes ago, brisfox said:

You obviously have a much better view of the situation by not being there and watching the highlights on match of the day than somebody who actually goes to the games

For what it’s worth, I was at Anfield yesterday too, and I thought Puel’s analysis was spot on.  If we’d looked after the ball better and counter attacked more effectively we would have been fine. 

• Like 3

I like Puel and hope things work out for him. To speculate on his future this early is just silly. I'm disappointed with the recent run, but look where we are now compared to when Shakey was in charge. Lets see how he gets on for the rest of the season, and what he does in the transfer window.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, brisfox said:

61. Been watching City since 1963. Season ticket holder since 1973. I go to most away games. I call it as I see it. Liverpool had 2 goals disallowed  on Saturday. I was counting how.many seconds their players were alloqed before being challenged and it was about 6 seconds. We didnt press them enough. Disagree all you like but dont just base you opinions on 10 mins of match of the day.

I was there on Saturday as well there was 3,000 of us there pal don’t think you were the only one there. 

Do you not think their multi million pound front four would of given anyone problems. 

I agree he got certain things wrong but went in with a game plan to pick something up while keeping key players rested for Monday. 

I find it hard to go at the bloke myself. We were battling relegation when he arrived and I’m looking up at 7th as uppose  to looking down at 18th now.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I was there on Saturday as well there was 3,000 of us there pal don’t think you were the only one there. 

Do you not think their multi million pound front four would of given anyone problems. 

I agree he got certain things wrong but went in with a game plan to pick something up while keeping key players rested for Monday. 

I find it hard to go at the bloke myself. We were battling relegation when he arrived and I’m looking up at 7th as uppose  to looking down at 18th now.

If you were there then surely you would agree that we didn't put Liverpool under any pressure except for the first 5 and the last 10 minutes. What I am questioning is that Puel was happy to let Liverpool have easy possession rather than putting them under pressure. Yes, Liverpool have grear players but I just didn't think we worked hard enough. You may have a different opinion.

I was about to start a thread to say how calm I feel about our future right now. We're going on the right direction style wise despite the manager not having signed a player.

Recent form is a blip but once he gets what he wants from the players and a few of his own signings I'm looking forward to next year.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, brisfox said:

If you were there then surely you would agree that we didn't put Liverpool under any pressure except for the first 5 and the last 10 minutes. What I am questioning is that Puel was happy to let Liverpool have easy possession rather than putting them under pressure. Yes, Liverpool have grear players but I just didn't think we worked hard enough. You may have a different opinion.

I wasn't there either but have a theory. Liverpool's strength is breaking forward quickly with their front four. Pressing allows them to do that. Sitting back and not pressing removes the space.

Guest Kopfkino

FT never ceases to amaze. 3 weeks ago people are talking about challenging top 4. A couple of games later we're wondering how til we give the manager the chop

Tbh I think he'll last the season, don't think hell be here this time next year. He has zero charisma, and were not doing great. I want us to succeed and hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

5 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Can sort of see the flaws in which Southampton fans ultimately forced him out for 

Major concern for me is the subs. Constantly bizarre timings always too late...then the changes are also odd to say the least. One thing Claudio was great at in the title season... Subs were usually bang on and could be game changing. 

But Puel needs his own transfer window too first though to balance the squad. Our complete lack of reinforcements at right back and especially on the wing is really showing. 

It's not his transfer window.

8 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

It's not his transfer window.

He didn't scout the signings months in advance but he must have some say at least. The week he arrived he must have had at least some input. It's not completely his but he's not a complete stranger.

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

Tbh I think he'll last the season, don't think hell be here this time next year. He has zero charisma, and were not doing great. I want us to succeed and hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it.

What would you do when you have N’didi and Iborra as the only midfielders of note, Vardy and Mahrez, the only strikers of note after 8 games in a month and against probably the most feared forward line at home after Man City? 

Please tell me what Claude has done so wrong that everyone else wouldn’t have done?

Questioning how long Puel will last at this juncture shows immaturity in my opinion. Every football manager has a period where form dips or expectations aren’t met. Imagine if the Man City board had been so reactionary last year and booted Pep. 

Claude has years of experience under his belt and that is exactly what Leicester need at this stage. 

He got the wins needed to move away from trouble and has since tried to see what he’s got in terms of a squad. 

He has a big job on his hands undoing some of the malpractice others have committed  before him whilst adhering to employment laws- ( read Ulloa getting a nice little last paying 3 year contract- borderline fraud if you ask me. Would love to know how much Leo paid into Craig’s bank for that little gem! )

If he’s given time and gets a solid, tight knit squad, we’ll be fine. 

The 2015/2016 season has created a monster amongst fans and someone with Puel’s knowledge and experience is needed to keep things ‘real’ .

Edited by Colourmy
Punctuation
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Permafrost said:

What's self entitled mean?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Self Entitlement

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

Not sure how charisma is relevant.  :huh:

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

Playing a high pressure game takes a lot of energy and stamina when you've got so many games in quick succession with a limited squad then it seems entirely sensible to manage the tactics and substitutions to allow for that.

Liverpool also play a high pressure game and have players that more capable of keeping possession so are more likely to keep us pinned back and be on top of the  game.

• Like 2