Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

How long will Puel last?

Have we seriously started a thread how long Claude is gonna be here ffs ? Give the bloke a chance , what happened at Southampton and how they played blah ****ing blah it’s history what matters is what happens from now on at our great club . Happy  New year to you all 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Buce said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Self Entitlement

Not sure how charisma is relevant.  :huh:

Pearson was loved, Claudio was loved. When things were going wrong they had their supporters to defend them. I don't think that's going to happen for Puel. Even finishing 8th and a cup final didn't make him popular with the Soton fans.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Pearson was loved, Claudio was loved. When things were going wrong they had their supporters to defend them. I don't think that's going to happen for Puel. Even finishing 8th and a cup final didn't make him popular with the Soton fans.

So, to be slightly naughty and semi-put words in your mouth, it's a personality contest. How depressing.

• Like 1

I had a feeling when he came in that I kind of feared for him when we go on a bad run cos of lack of supposed personality and charisma. Maybe if he were a bit like Klopp people would give him 2 years before questioning whether he should be here or not. Its only just now Liverpool fans are questioning whether Klopp is actually any good or not. For 2 years they were so in love with him and Klopp could do what he wanted.  Sadly many football fans and media are like this. Thays why guys like Klopp, Redknapp etc get more time than the likes of Puel, Hughton etc.

To answer the question, it depends on what people want. If you want mid table 7th to 10th then Puel will get us that. If you want 6th and above then he probably won't get us there. On what basis will he get sacked by this time next season? I don't get it. Unless we are near the bottom 3 of course.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That didn't prevent either of them being sacked.

It's the Thais that make those decisions, not the fans.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

So, to be slightly naughty and semi-put words in your mouth, it's a personality contest. How depressing.

If we go on a huge winning streak it won't matter, hell keep his job, but as soon as we have another bad run he'll get less patience from the fans and the owners because he's so dour.

Anyway, football is part showbiz now. Personality matters.

Pearson was loved but many wanted him sacked in the aftermath of the 12/13 Watford debacle. Many also wanted him gone after being bottom for about 6 months in 14/15. 

Majority of Leicester fans also wanted Ranieri gone last Fenurary. There was only so much dilly ding dilly dong people could take after yet another embarrassing loss.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If we go on a huge winning streak it won't matter, hell keep his job, but as soon as we have another bad run he'll get less patience from the fans and the owners because he's so dour.

Anyway, football is part showbiz now. Personality matters.

I suspect he has plenty - it's image, isn't it?

I remain depressed - our entire world is now sucked into the cult of unsubstantial personality.

23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Arsene Wenger has a very lack lustre personality when on TV. 

He has somehow managed to survive about 800 games of in the most part, mediocre football. 

Basing the shelf life of a manager on Charisma is somewhat ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Colourmy said:

Arsene Wenger has a very lack lustre personality when on TV. 

He has somehow managed to survive about 800 games of in the most part, mediocre football. 

Basing the shelf life of a manager on Charisma is somewhat ridiculous. 

Arsene Wenger won things, if Puel does the same he can stay.

If he succeeds my team does well, that's all I want. I'm not calling for him to be sacked I'm just saying what I think will happen.

Just now, Webbo said:

Arsene Wenger won things, if Puel does the same he can stay.

If he succeeds my team does well, that's all I want. I'm not calling for him to be sacked I'm just saying what I think will happen.

Yes of course he did, he has had 810 games or thereabouts. Claude has had about 13 with us.

Not sure what he could have won in those 13 games though?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect he has plenty - it's image, isn't it?

I remain depressed - our entire world is now sucked into the cult of unsubstantial personality.

If only we had a thread that could help...

Guest Col city fan

It will all be forgotten when we beat Huddersfield today. Don’t worry.

2-0

Amartey (the beast) to have a super game.

Don’t worry.

:thumbup:

I am not unhappy with puel.  

I am thinking that he makes strange decisions.  This is fine until he heads towards the relegation zone.  At that point he will not have supporters to wading in to buy him time.  THis is coz he is unable or unwilling to explain what he is trying to do.  The interview will Appleton by Neville before a recent game enabled Appleton to explain some points of view...  if puel cannot communicate he might be wise to let the affable Appleton more media time.

I love Puel. Had a rocky last few games but before that, I was loving how we were playing. We are relying on the same key players because our squad is pretty weak, have the busiest schedule and we shouldn't expect to win every game - people need to get real. Not when we have people like James, Ulloa and King coming off the bench anyway.

Most of our losses have been through players falling asleep or losing their minds (Kasper in 3/4 last games)

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

We need what, 5 more wins to guarantee prem football next season, if he doesn’t achieve that he’s gone. Realistically though that shouldn’t happen. The proof of Puels pudding will be in the recruitment next Summer I reckon. Surely his remit is to bring us European football in one form or another. 

10 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

He’s trying to play his style with players who can’t, so I expect to see him in his job for a few windows yet, as the old saying goes Rome wasn’t built in a day.

But I don't want us to build Rome. I want us to rebuild Leicester. Claudio's mistake was trying to get us to play possession football, Claude is making exactly the same mistake. We won the league by pressing high up the pitch and forcing errors, we soaked up pressure and played fast and direct counter attacking football. 

At the time it was a reasonably new way of playing, especially in the prem, and it caught others off guard. Now Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Man city play like it. Possession based football is out of fashion and Puel's comments such as "When we're leading we need to look after the ball better, keep the ball." Actually really worry me that he's trying to turn us into a keep ball team. I would hate that! It's dull and dated. Look at Arsenal, Wenger refuses to change, so they are stuck where they are, well behind the pack. And they have far superior players to try that style of play. 

We set the tone, then sold out on it.... We built this squad and this club to play like that. Why change something so dramatically when it brought us so much success. Even Shakespeare didn't revert back to it. 

We've lost our way a lot, we need to go back to what we do best. Starting with better fitness regimes, because our squad is no where near as fit as they were the year we won the league.

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

But I don't want us to build Rome. I want us to rebuild Leicester. Claudio's mistake was trying to get us to play possession football, Claude is making exactly the same mistake. We won the league by pressing high up the pitch and forcing errors, we soaked up pressure and played fast and direct counter attacking football. 

At the time it was a reasonably new way of playing, especially in the prem, and it caught others off guard. Now Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Man city play like it. Possession based football is out of fashion and Puel's comments such as "When we're leading we need to look after the ball better, keep the ball." Actually really worry me that he's trying to turn us into a keep ball team. I would hate that! It's dull and dated. Look at Arsenal, Wenger refuses to change, so they are stuck where they are, well behind the pack. And they have far superior players to try that style of play. 

We set the tone, then sold out on it.... We built this squad and this club to play like that. Why change something so dramatically when it brought us so much success. Even Shakespeare didn't revert back to it. 

We've lost our way a lot, we need to go back to what we do best. Starting with better fitness regimes, because our squad is no where near as fit as they were the year we won the league.

The current style and tactics were going stale.  We needed to change. We can't keep having 30% possession at home against average teans and hoof it down the channels for Vardy to chase as a mean of creativity. We were found out. We badly need to evolve.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

How very depressing,  sometimes supporters deserve what they get when things go wrong. Shakespeare and Pearson,  despite popularity with some, clearly hadn't got what it takes at this level. Puel has come in with very good pedigree. Shakespeare with about 5 points on the board after West Brom was going only one way, we'd have snapped up 27 points and 8 place then wouldn't we eh! 27 points compared with about 15 this time last year,  are the maths not adding up? It's called improvement albeit not fast enough for some.

We had to change, we could no longer do what we used to do with the personnel we had. Expect inconsistency because he's doing it with some of the ill bought dross he was left with. I personally won't judge him until about November next year when he's had at least some chance to put his mark on the playing staff. Who on earth is out there that is better, wiiling and available to come here anyway. To replace him with some popular pleb now would be a recipe for disaster. I'd sooner have an astute football thinker with a boring media voice than a popular tactical omeba like Shakespeare.