Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

How long will Puel last?

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

The current style and tactics were going stale.  We needed to change. We can't keep having 30% possession at home against average teans and hoof it down the channels for Vardy to chase as a mean of creativity. We were found out. We badly need to evolve.

I don't understand why people quote how we were playing under the later Claudio season and Shakespeare. That isn't how we played in our title winning season and great escape. We played direct football, i.e. two or three quick zippy passes on the counter, we have the pace to play like that, we didn't hoof the channels as you say at all. 

Just to clarify, I don't not support Puel, I just think he needs to change his game plan a bit. 

Edited by Foxhateram

Sack Shakespeare with the club in 18th.

Two months later Puel has the club in 8th.

Fire the fookerlol.

PS: the bit about Claudio's tactics is top banter. The OP clearly didn't watch many games last season.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

But I don't want us to build Rome. I want us to rebuild Leicester. Claudio's mistake was trying to get us to play possession football, Claude is making exactly the same mistake. We won the league by pressing high up the pitch and forcing errors, we soaked up pressure and played fast and direct counter attacking football. 

At the time it was a reasonably new way of playing, especially in the prem, and it caught others off guard. Now Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Man city play like it. Possession based football is out of fashion and Puel's comments such as "When we're leading we need to look after the ball better, keep the ball." Actually really worry me that he's trying to turn us into a keep ball team. I would hate that! It's dull and dated. Look at Arsenal, Wenger refuses to change, so they are stuck where they are, well behind the pack. And they have far superior players to try that style of play. 

We set the tone, then sold out on it.... We built this squad and this club to play like that. Why change something so dramatically when it brought us so much success. Even Shakespeare didn't revert back to it. 

We've lost our way a lot, we need to go back to what we do best. Starting with better fitness regimes, because our squad is no where near as fit as they were the year we won the league.

We got found out the season after the title win, we turned into a one trick pony, hit the ball over the top to vardy, all teams had to do was sit deep.

Football is about progression, that style got us on the map, but other than the freak title win, we have struggled in the premier league, this season is the first time we have been comfortable mid table, after a poor start with the old style.

I would like puel to be able to mix both styles, where we have the ability to keep possession when needed, and play the fast counter when it’s on, but that requires better footballers, and at present we are in transition and struggle to play the way puel wants.

A couple of windows, we should hopefully see more consistency, if the recruitment is right, that’s a big if the way our recruitment has been recently.

Don’t get me wrong, I have criticised puel, but it’s a work in progress, and any manager needs time, but don’t take Rome wasn’t built in a day literally, all being well we will have a good Leicester side, but with a new playing style 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

New year new you Col?

Not really mate. I said we’d win this when I posted yesterday. I have a feeling Big Dan is going to have a really good game today too.

11 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

He’s trying to play his style with players who can’t, so I expect to see him in his job for a few windows yet, as the old saying goes Rome wasn’t built in a day.

How did Roma do when he managed them?

I wrote a topic once about being reasonable and creating a thread where we could have more reasonable chats about games without personal insults or unfounded stuff and it got deleted within 2 minutes.  Yet threads as stinkingly negative as this live on.  Happy New Year everyone. X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

I don't understand why people quote how we were playing under the later Claudio season and Shakespeare. That isn't how we played in our title winning season and great escape. We played direct football, i.e. two or three quick zippy passes on the counter, we have the pace to play like that, we didn't hoof the channels as you say at all. 

Just to clarify, I don't not support Puel, I just think he needs to change his game plan a bit. 

Think you're missing the point no offence. Yes we were playing how you said and yes it was successful but ..... without the ingredients of Kante and  Drinkwater we were totally incapable, bar the odd match against a specific opposition of replicatig that. We were going down quickly. 

I think he made a major mistake in his interview when asked what he'll be drinking to see the New Year In..."French Wine and Champagne". Would have gone up a lot in my estimation if he'd have said a pint of Hoskins Nut Brown Ale.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Sack Shakespeare with the club in 18th.

Two months later Puel has the club in 8th.

Fire the fookerlol.

PS: the bit about Claudio's tactics is top banter. The OP clearly didn't watch many games last season.

Wait... if we move up every time we sack the manager then we are perhaps just two dismissals away from our next title 

10 hours ago, toddybad said:

I was about to start a thread to say how calm I feel about our future right now. We're going on the right direction style wise despite the manager not having signed a player.

Recent form is a blip but once he gets what he wants from the players and a few of his own signings I'm looking forward to next year.

I'm with you on this one. Quite excited for the future. 

Re the original poster I would expect after all of his years watching City he would demonstrate a tad more patience. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not really mate. I said we’d win this when I posted yesterday. I have a feeling Big Dan is going to have a really good game today too.

I’ve slated him in the last but this season when called upon, other than United, he’s done well.

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

But I don't want us to build Rome. I want us to rebuild Leicester. Claudio's mistake was trying to get us to play possession football, Claude is making exactly the same mistake. We won the league by pressing high up the pitch and forcing errors, we soaked up pressure and played fast and direct counter attacking football. 

At the time it was a reasonably new way of playing, especially in the prem, and it caught others off guard. Now Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Man city play like it. Possession based football is out of fashion and Puel's comments such as "When we're leading we need to look after the ball better, keep the ball." Actually really worry me that he's trying to turn us into a keep ball team. I would hate that! It's dull and dated. Look at Arsenal, Wenger refuses to change, so they are stuck where they are, well behind the pack. And they have far superior players to try that style of play. 

We set the tone, then sold out on it.... We built this squad and this club to play like that. Why change something so dramatically when it brought us so much success. Even Shakespeare didn't revert back to it. 

We've lost our way a lot, we need to go back to what we do best. Starting with better fitness regimes, because our squad is no where near as fit as they were the year we won the league.

"Even Shakespeare didn't revert back to it."

Yeah.....that worked well  :(

2 hours ago, PaulW said:

"Even Shakespeare didn't revert back to it."

Yeah.....that worked well  :(

I was expecting Shaky to reinstate our previous style, but he didn't. 

I'm not missing any points. We needed to replace Drinky and Kante to continue our style of play, not buy a hundred attacking players and try to change it completely. 

I blame Claudio and our recruitment team during his tenure for our radiculous down turn in form. I really don't see this 'new' style we are trying to build getting us anywhere other then a mid to lower prem. We can't attrack the type of players to do it successfully enough to challenge for Europe.  So we therefore need to revert back to what made us different. Burnley are doing it this year, that same style and it's stumping the opposition. 

As I said, I trust Puel, I just hope he can adapt to suit the club and the players we're likely to attract. Because if he doesn't, then we will stagnate and become boring. Ala Southampton under his tenure.

He’s a sensual and caring lover, who engages in plenty of forplay.

Naturally each experience differs in length and veracity, but i’d suggest you’re looking at anything between 30 minutes to 2 hours - if he’s taken “ze little blue pill”

Out of interest OP - where’s he taking you?