Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dom kellett

Dragovic

2 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Morgan and Huth are not getting any younger and I think Dragovic has what it takes to replaces them he is still only 26, we need young defenders.

I would like us to sign him up.

And as a left sided CB, I think Darnell Johnson has great promise. 

For me very good against man city and calm and assured playing passes from the  back against Huddersfield. Haven't seen any weaknesses in either game. Compliments Maguire and warrants being signed keeping in mind you need 4 cb's And we only really have one come the summer due to Morgan and Huths ages. 

• Like 2

Thought he'd been quite poor in his previous outings. Was ok against a fairly toothless Huddersfield.

Difficult for any player to show their true worth or to recapture any sort of form when they're only getting but part involvement though.

I'm still not sure what he's doing here. We were in for him the summer before last when he signed for Leverkusen where he was a bit part player only to pick him up on loan a year later from him to become a bit part player here. He was better on Monday but Huddersfield didn't provide too much of a test.

No so far for me.

He looks very small for a centre half so he would need to be a great defender to accommodate this. Unless he shows he can be an undisputed first team player for us between now and May then I'd rather we kept our money in our pockets and look for someone else in the summer.

There's a reason why Leverkusen have loaned him out again a year after buying him and he's not quite the player they thought he was. He hasn't impressed here as of yet either.

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No so far for me.

He looks very small for a centre half so he would need to be a great defender to accommodate this. Unless he shows he can be an undisputed first team player for us between now and May then I'd rather we kept our money in our pockets and look for someone else in the summer.

There's a reason why Leverkusen have loaned him out again a year after buying him and he's not quite the player they thought he was. He hasn't impressed here as of yet either.

Again it's something you look at in a few games in the team.

Azpilicueta in my head is the best of the best in terms of defending. He can't be above 5"9?

• Like 1

Looks comfortable on the ball compared to Morgan but somehow not very commanding ariel wise. Don't really notice him so no howlers but doesn't appear very robust. Early days and now it's down to him to take his chance and show he's significantly better than what we'v got coming through, who sound promising, to make him worth buying. I do agree with the previous comment that in an ideal world, someone with experience to play alongside Maguire would be ideal but these players command a premium. In a 3, a combination of Huth first or then Morgan when both fit would be fine.

• Like 1

Hasn't yet seen enough minutes in order to give a more complete picture. With Morgan out, it's going to be interesting to find out how he does alongside Maguire on a more regular basis.

Should also do better with Fuchs in the same starting XI, as they are former Austrian national team mates.

I personally think he's a very good and accomplished defender with quite the (European) pedigree. He used to be much more rash in his decisions in the past, and has become much more clever and solid with the years..

• Like 3

I think he has done quite well, can clearly pass a ball and is quicker than our man mountain CB's. With him and Harry knocking it about at the back we looked reasonably composed

Size might be an issue, but I think that will become obvious given games, interested to see how this pans out, because this is an opportunity for someone to stake a claim.