Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dom kellett

Dragovic

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Looks way better than Maguire at the moment. Here I was thinking that it would be Dragovic who loses his place when Wes returns, but I'm now thinking i'd like to see a Wes Dragovic partnership. 

I'd rather just not see wes to be honest. Been a great player for us and a great captain but I can't see him getting back in now ahead of Maguire and Drago. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'd rather just not see wes to be honest. Been a great player for us and a great captain but I can't see him getting back in now ahead of Maguire and Drago. 

Wes has this ability of making us think he's finished and a massive liability and then seems to turn world class for a few months. I wouldn't write him off just yet. 

I think we've missed his leadership on the pitch the most though... 

As a partnership they work quite well, Dragovic is solid and dependable while Maguire takes a few more risks, Maguire has been great this season, yes he's made some mistakes but most defenders in the world do. He's actually suited to the 3 at the back, which is why he's looked good for England but probably needs to be the left side of the 3.

I have been really impressed with Dragovic recently. He's been solid, reliable and a calm influence in defence, never looks rushed or panicked. Watching him defend shows the quality he has. In a home game (think it was Swansea) he was virtually on his own when the opposition counter attacked and the way he took the runner wide away from goal and isolate the attacker was a thing of beauty. It allowed the rest of the defence to get back in position and we cleared the ball. His reading of the game is a big improvement over Morgan.

He has to be a player we have to buy in the summer, surely. I also feel that was are seeing the beginning of the end for the old guard.

• Like 4