Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dom kellett

Dragovic

I wonder if Puel likes what he sees from Hughes and Knight in our U23s and plans to promote them next season so doesn't feel the need to buy Dragovic, allowing us to spend money elsewhere?

If not and we aren't going to use the U23s then letting Dragovic go is shocking, Morgan lucky to be back in the team straight away and hasn't done anything that dragovic couldn't do in his time back.

I heard something from someone back home that 'others' are sniffing around. The way Puel has dicked him, I would not be surprised if is offski leaving us with Wes and Hoof.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Preference to live in London, is unimpressed about being dropped and looks unlikely we will get him in the summer.

Palace, Spurs and West Ham are interested.

Aaaand that's how you lose a very good defender. So predictable. Wether it's Puel or the so-called player power, that would a be major fvck-up. 

Keep playing Captain fcking Morgan.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Would be a missed opportunity if he goes somewhere else. Hardly unsurprising though, what's the point of being here if you have to wait for injuries to get a go. 

Then you'll be dropped no matter how good you was.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Preference to live in London, is unimpressed about being dropped and looks unlikely we will get him in the summer.

So disappointing.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It's just annoying, considering he has impressed and doesn't really deserve his situation.

Is it true on the Roma, Mahrez agrees switch to there etc, situation?

I was told that Mahrez had agreed a move on Sunday by someone who works at another Premier League club, I thought at the time it didn't really add up but seems to be doing the rounds.

From what I've seen of Dragovic it's very much debatable if he's better than Morgan.

Perhaps Puel would rather not spend €20m on someone who is 27 and no better than what we have. Spending big money on players who are no better than what we have is what we've been doing for the last couple of years and wasting the money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Well played all involved :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Agreed, our recruitment has been so strong in recent years that its undoubtedly players like Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan, Albrighton, Simpson, etc etc that are holding us back yet we let world beaters like Musa, Mendy and Ron Zieler go.

I agree on this when it comes to players who offered next to nothing for us, but there's a legitimate case for Dragovic to start. He's barely put a foot wrong and he was ours unless we blew it, which it sounds like we may have.

Unhappy if this is true. An opportunity missed.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

From what I've seen of Dragovic it's very much debatable if he's better than Morgan.

Perhaps Puel would rather not spend €20m on someone who is 27 and no better than what we have. Spending big money on players who are no better than what we have is what we've been doing for the last couple of years and wasting the money.

I can't agree, I think he's better, and younger, and more suited to the game Puel supposedly wants us to play. Morgan's still got a use in the squad but I think the time has finally come for someone else. We've got that someone else lined up and we're seriously risking letting it go.

Again, this reeks of the player power theory, and I'm getting concerned by how frequently that theory is making sense.

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not sure you can make an age argument if a man over 6 years older is getting the green light. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes

dragovic looks a decent defender but let’s face it, he isn’t beckenbauer.  Puel was a defender and I trust him to make the right call on this. 

Still better than Morgan though, especially when it comes to passing.

I don't think that Puel is behind his dropping. Dragovic offers precisely what Puel wants from his defenders. It makes no sense whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can't agree, I think he's better, and younger, and more suited to the game Puel supposedly wants us to play. Morgan's still got a use in the squad but I think the time has finally come for someone else. We've got that someone else lined up and we're seriously risking letting it go.

Again, this reeks of the player power theory, and I'm getting concerned by how frequently that theory is making sense.

I don't mind Morgan making way at all but Dragovic isn't a particular upgrade IMO. He's not as strong or as good in the air as Morgan and after conceding from so many set pieces I'd like us to get a centre half who is more physical and dominant in the air.

Dragovic is decent but I'm sure we could do better for the money. For me he's potentially another big money signing that can't make a first team spot his own just like Musa, Slimani, Iheanacho, Silva and Iborra. Have I missed anyone? There's a reason why Leverkusen have tried to get rid of him within a year of signing him and there's a reason why Puel favours Morgan over him.

It's about time our big money signings started being an upgrade on what we have rather than the "squad depth" that they have all invariably become.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes

dragovic looks a decent defender but let’s face it, he isn’t beckenbauer.  Puel was a defender and I trust him to make the right call on this. 

Why? 

The games are not played behind the scenes so we know Puel is being a cock not picking him over Wes, who is not suited to the game he himself wants to play.

If true, shit management. 

20 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You are wrong

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This worries me. Manager has to take control.

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We can all agree, surely, that in 3 years time Wes will be finished and Drago will be in his prime.

Edited by Tuna

53 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I was told that Mahrez had agreed a move on Sunday by someone who works at another Premier League club, I thought at the time it didn't really add up but seems to be doing the rounds.

I would've thought that'd be against the rules - in terms of doing business outside the transfer window?

If thus is the case, reckon he has been tapped up in a way.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You are wrong

Maybe but for me it's not absurd to say Morgan slightly edges Dragovic. It's an apples and oranges argument and it's not like Dragovic is Jaap Stam, for me he's a decent PL defender, no more. 

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Crazy, Puel want's to move the team on, play his style of football yet wants to keep players who struggle on the ball to play it.

Just makes me think someone or some people are pressuring him to play certain players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Maybe but for me it's not absurd to say Morgan slightly edges Dragovic. It's an apples and oranges argument and it's not like Dragovic is Jaap Stam, for me he's a decent PL defender, no more. 

I think if you give Drag time he could be a lot better than decent. First season with a handful of games in the prem and he hasnt looked out of place, with more experience he and maguire could be brilliant for a few years.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We can all agree, surely, that in 3 years time Wes will be finished and Drago will be in his prime.

No doubt but that's not the point.

Is Dragovic worth spending €20m on? Leverkusen want rid soon after seeing him close up and unless you believe in conspiracy theories then Puel favours Morgan over Dragovic. Personally I don't think there is much between the two and I'd be happy to go into the transfer market to replace Morgan than just settling on Dragovic who I don't believe is an obvious upgrade.

27 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree on this when it comes to players who offered next to nothing for us, but there's a legitimate case for Dragovic to start. He's barely put a foot wrong and he was ours unless we blew it, which it sounds like we may have.

Unhappy if this is true. An opportunity missed.

I agree re Drago to be fair, just not the comment around scrapping everyone else.

I can only assume we've got another 1 or 2 center backs lined up in the summer of better quality than Dragovic. If that's the case then I've got no issues, I'm sure he can be improved up on and we've got a whole world of center backs to look at.

As long as I don't have to watch Wes looking like an elephant on ice trying to keep a ball under control when he's under no pressure. That's all I want. Players who can control a football, dribble, pass it and do all the basics a top level footballer should have.

• Like 1