Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dom kellett

Dragovic

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Thought he'd been quite poor in his previous outings. Was ok against a fairly toothless Huddersfield.

Difficult for any player to show their true worth or to recapture any sort of form when they're only getting but part involvement though.

Thought he was decent against Leeds and Liverpool in the cup. Didn't have a great game at RB at Watford. 

He's been alright for us without having a run of games.

One reason Huddersfield didn't do much was because our back 4 weren't giving the ball away every time we cleared it. Dragovic for the most part was looking to make a pass on the floor to the midfield. Less defending by keeping the ball.

Time will tell but a back 4 looking to pass the ball out makes much more sense to me.

Edited by biggs
  • Like 3

Personally think Morgan is still well over thought of at this club, especially considering he is playing next to a lad a lot of people view as the second coming. He's lost his man on numerous occasions this season and its cost us. He's getting old.

Our goals conceded column does not make great reading, let in more than everyone above us and a alarming number of those below us. We know we can score goals but keeping them out has been more of an issue.

Personally if dragovic comes in and we start keeping clean sheets he deserves to keep his place for me.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gerard said:

No so far for me.

He looks very small for a centre half so he would need to be a great defender to accommodate this. Unless he shows he can be an undisputed first team player for us between now and May then I'd rather we kept our money in our pockets and look for someone else in the summer.

There's a reason why Leverkusen have loaned him out again a year after buying him and he's not quite the player they thought he was. He hasn't impressed here as of yet either.

My thoughts too. Looked small in person and if we're playing with him, Simpson & Chilwell, we'd be seriously under powered at the back.

7 minutes ago, sm1 said:

My thoughts too. Looked small in person and if we're playing with him, Simpson & Chilwell, we'd be seriously under powered at the back.

He's a whole 2 inches shorter than Morgan and the same height as both Sergio Ramos and Thomas Vermaelen and I'd take both of them.

54 caps for Austria an ok European side. Could be good but needs to be tested unlike against Huddersfield. Maybe we should give him a bit more of a chance before we discount him for the future?

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

He's a whole 2 inches shorter than Morgan and the same height as both Sergio Ramos and Thomas Vermaelen and I'd take both of them.

54 caps for Austria an ok European side. Could be good but needs to be tested unlike against Huddersfield. Maybe we should give him a bit more of a chance before we discount him for the future?

For someone that lives in Austria for 6 months of the year and has seen him many times for Austria and when in played league football here, to write him off after a few appearances is so ‘FT’. Give him a chance and he will come good.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

For someone that lives in Austria for 6 months of the year and has seen him many times for Austria and when in played league football here, to write him off after a few appearances is so ‘FT’. Give him a chance and he will come good.

Exactly. We do need to see him properly under pressure a few times before we can make any  clear assessment. He looks ok so far but I need to see more.

Just now, sm1 said:

Not discounting him, just commenting that with Drag, Chilwell & Simpson in the same defence, we'll be underpowered, especially against the likes of Carrol, Rondon, etc.

Pretty much anyone is underpowered against Carrol when he gets it right.In truth though there aren't that many like him these days.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Not discounting him, just commenting that with Drag, Chilwell & Simpson in the same defence, we'll be underpowered, especially against the likes of Carrol, Rondon, etc.

I'd be interested to see how many clearances Morgan makes from set pieces. I don't think it's that many and wouldn't consider it a commanding centre half, aerially.

You cannot defend against the likes of Carroll if the right ball is played. It's so refreshing to see us in control of a game from back to front, and Dragovic fits that system far better than Huth or Morgan. If our option to buy is for a fair price, we should exercise it. 

18 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I rarely see Rondon jumping for headers and even two West Brom centre-backs couldn't stop Carroll from smashing it in twice.

Give me more appropriate examples for your comparison.

47 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Fabio Cannavaro is 5ft 10 inches. Didn't stop him from becoming one of the most accomplished centre-backs in Europe.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

If your writing dragovic off already your absolutely deluded. Give him a chance I have a feeling some of you will eat your words when he impresses in Morgan’s absence.

people used to cry out for 2 ball playing defenders in our worst patches last season and now you will see what it is like soon.

Edited by les-tah

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Fabio Cannavaro is 5ft 10 inches. Didn't stop him from becoming one of the most accomplished centre-backs in Europe.

The defence isnt just about one player though. My original comment was if Drag played in a defence alongside Chilwell & Simpson, our defence would be pretty underpowered because we have 3 smallish defenders.

On a side note one of the best CB i saw play was franco baresi and he was tiny, so im aware you don't have to be huge to be a good CB.

16 minutes ago, sm1 said:

The defence isnt just about one player though. My original comment was if Drag played in a defence alongside Chilwell & Simpson, our defence would be pretty underpowered because we have 3 smallish defenders.

On a side note one of the best CB i saw play was franco baresi and he was tiny, so im aware you don't have to be huge to be a good CB.

Full-backs aren't all about size, but moreso about positioning, tenacity, physicality and speed. Height has little to no consequence in Chilwell's or Simpson's case, though. They're both doing a pretty solid job for us from what I can tell and I don't consider them to be that small.

In order to get stability, we finally need to settle for an established and less sluggish back four. I've seen too much chopping and changing in the past twelve months and Maguire being brilliant in one game, then a bit of a letdown in the next. Injuries to Morgan and Simpson haven't made that task any easier.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

I'd like to direct you to this video of Lionel Messi (5ft 5in) scoring one of the best headers i've ever seen, to demonstrate that jumping is about muscular leg strength and technique, rather than height....

I'm 6 foot 3 and can't jump.... lol