Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dom kellett

Dragovic

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

In my opinion, Dragovic passed his acid test against Moratta and Hazard today with flying colours and I think we should sign him up. Didn't really make any mistakes and won his duels against Moratta for the most part. Moratta is off form and Chelsea were clearly tired, but against the reigning champions on their home patch - the guy played very well.

There was a moment where he beautifully sidestepped Hazard and took the ball forwards on the halfway line. As my stream wasn't the greatest I initially thought this was Maguire and said out loud "Maguire is just too good!" until the commentator said "great play from Dragovic!" I think that's a huge compliment because Harry has been a revelation for us in changing the way we play. The Maguire / Dragovic combination now has two clean sheets in two games, seem to have a good understanding between one another and Drago is also pretty good on the ball also.

Don't get me wrong, in terms of overall potential, I would put Maguire on a level above Dragovic, but I think he looks like a more than competent Premier League centre back to me. Less rash than Benny, better on the ball than Morgan / Huth although not as good as them defensively. Looking like being a very solid signing, though I hope I haven't given him the kiss of death and cursed him to a bad run now!

I thought it was harry as well at the time

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Realistically, somewhere in between £10m and £18m.

It will be no more than £13m IMO.

Leverkusen paid £15m for him and surely will just want their money back at most after he didn't impress their. We've already paid a £2m loan fee so I would imagine we have the option to buy for no more than £13m.

Regardless lets make a decision come the end of May when we are clearer to what kind of player we're buying.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

It will be no more than £13m IMO.

Leverkusen paid £15m for him and surely will just want their money back at most after he didn't impress their. We've already paid a £2m loan fee so I would imagine we have the option to buy for no more than £13m.

Regardless lets make a decision come the end of May when we are clearer to what kind of player we're buying.

We definately have an option to buy and hopefully there is a price written into the loan contract.  If not, we may be the victims of a another ‘stiffing’,  given the price Liverpool just shelled out for Virgin Van Pikey.    Really hope we sign him.

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

In my opinion, Dragovic passed his acid test against Moratta and Hazard today with flying colours and I think we should sign him up. Didn't really make any mistakes and won his duels against Moratta for the most part. Moratta is off form and Chelsea were clearly tired, but against the reigning champions on their home patch - the guy played very well.

There was a moment where he beautifully sidestepped Hazard and took the ball forwards on the halfway line. As my stream wasn't the greatest I initially thought this was Maguire and said out loud "Maguire is just too good!" until the commentator said "great play from Dragovic!" I think that's a huge compliment because Harry has been a revelation for us in changing the way we play. The Maguire / Dragovic combination now has two clean sheets in two games, seem to have a good understanding between one another and Drago is also pretty good on the ball also.

Don't get me wrong, in terms of overall potential, I would put Maguire on a level above Dragovic, but I think he looks like a more than competent Premier League centre back to me. Less rash than Benny, better on the ball than Morgan / Huth although not as good as them defensively. Looking like being a very solid signing, though I hope I haven't given him the kiss of death and cursed him to a bad run now!

Nice summary..

I think the "rash" bit is interesting. I thought before hand he had a bit of a reputation of "taking no prisoners" but he's actually cool, calm and collected. 

It's a bit like Was in away, at first I thought he was going to be sent off every week but he actually rarely got in trouble. Saying that, Was was the master at disguising the elbow and I think refs didn't want any confrontation with him...

9 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I don’t recall seeing a single hoof ball today . Was so nice to see all our defenders playing out from the back which in turn help keeps the pressure off 

It's no coincidence we've stopped conceding when the back four can all play football, as you say, it helps relieve the pressure. Great to see Schmeichel playing the shorter passes from the back too given how abysmal his kicking has been this season, means the ball doesn't just come straight back at us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Why hasn't this deal already been done. What are we waiting for? 

It motivates the player. He’s literally playing for a deal else he returns to Leverkusen reserves. 

That said if he continues to impress then he’ll attract interest from other PL clubs. 

Though he has been good he has had some poor moments like the almost own goal versus Fleetwood, so the club might want to wait a bit longer. Personally though I’d sign him up!

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It motivates the player. He’s literally playing for a deal else he returns to Leverkusen reserves. 

That said if he continues to impress then he’ll attract interest from other PL clubs. 

Though he has been good he has had some poor moments like the almost own goal versus Fleetwood, so the club might want to wait a bit longer. Personally though I’d sign him up!

Ah yes - our only shot on target the whole match..! 

I agree though, I would definitely like to sign him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Interesting, I'm not sure that's the case, but if you're right, good knowledge.

@themightyfinis 100% right.

It would be pointless having an option to buy without a set price already in place as the selling club could ask for £100m and render it worthless.

There will be a fixed price agreed between both clubs and Dragovic will already be obligated to sign an already negotiated contract. We are within our rights to bid less than the "option to buy" price but neither Leverkusen or Dragovic are obligated to accept.

• Like 2