Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dom kellett

Dragovic

22 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Interesting, I'm not sure that's the case, but if you're right, good knowledge.

Of course it would be. Otherwise what's the point?

We'd be left in exactly the same position as any other team and have no need for an agreement if we could just sign him and there was no set fee.

Actually thinking about it, if any club would get this wrong and put in a pointless clause where we're allowed to sign a player at the end of his loan without a fee being set, it would be us :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That seems quite high to me. But football markets are curious beasts. Before paying that I'd want to see him start in another dozen games.

I recall Leverkusen paid 18 million Euros for him, although I also read somewhere in the Austrian Press it was 15m?.  As already mentioned I suspect Leverkusen will look to recoup the fee they shelled out, less the loan fee we paid (Euros 2.5M). 

• Like 2

If he keeps playing he did against Chelsea he will keep his place and we will try to sign him.

He had a good reputation before  moving to Leverkusen and I think with patience and support we can turn him into a top class defender. £18m is a good price for Dragovic if he's playing at his full potential.

We will need at least two more centrebacks from somewhere in the next year or so, as Benalouane appears to have no future here and Morgan and Huth are approaching the end of the their careers.

5 minutes ago, Bryn said:

If he keeps playing he did against Chelsea he will keep his place and we will try to sign him.

He had a good reputation before  moving to Leverkusen and I think with patience and support we can turn him into a top class defender. £18m is a good price for Dragovic if he's playing at his full potential.

We will need at least two more centrebacks from somewhere in the next year or so, as Benalouane appears to have no future here and Morgan and Huth are approaching the end of the their careers.

Hughes and Moore? 

• Like 1

Tried to imitate Maguire at times by going forward quite often. It did work.

I think he gave ball away only once, and that was due to a sloppy pass in the first half.

He'll develop into a class defender at LCFC, I can see that.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

More and more impressed as time goes by, seems relatively tidy and composed, and the clean sheets are piling up. He has got another few games to impress, and they are crucial for his future role.

I was worried he wasn't big enough, but he doesn't seem to be suffering, and the rest of his game looks pretty peachy.

• Like 1

If he's available for £15 million then he's a must. Isnt putting a foot wrong and showing why he had such a good reputation a few seasons ago. Morgan's injury could be a blessing in disguise as the longer he plays the more wanted he'll feel and will be happy to join permanently. Just hope Puel has the onions to challenge Morgan to win his place back rather than just hand it back to him when he's fit. 

Looks a good footballer and could see him definitely taking Huth's squad place in the summer. Very composed on the ball and can pick out a pass forward if it's on. Really seems to fit in with Puel's style and can see him ousting Morgan now.

Not the tallest though so could be susceptible in the air if we (especially with Simpson) insist on allowing wide players space to cross. I understood this as a tactic with Huth and Morgan who aerially would bully most forwards, but less so with a Maguire/Dragovic partnership.