Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Top 5 memorable goal celebrations

Personally, I've never celebrated a goal with as much gusto as Ulloa's penalty vs West Ham. It was the maddest, angriest, punching-random-shit celebration I've ever gone through. I'd managed to keep more or less calm throughout the run-in but it all came out then. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ian Wilson away to Fulham.

Vardy at West Brom 2015.

Lineker - against Liverpool at Filbo 1984

Gary Coatsworth v Luton 1994 I think.

Slimani v Porto was very loud.

Claridge v Palace 1996

Ian Marshall v Atletico 1997

Heskey v Boro Wembley 1997

Ulloa v Norwich - seismic

Nalis

And yes, definitely Albrighton against Sevilla. 

• Like 1

Wasn't at the game but was listening on the radio at home when Huth scored his header to win us the game at Tottenham in the title winning season. I jumped out of my chair, punched the air with sheer delight and almost screamed the house down as if I was there.

The 3-3 equaliser v Arsenal as Walshy ran to the Arsenal bench to continue his ongoing "bants" with Ian Wright

Claridge v Palace, a strange delay between the ball hitting the net and us going potty, the goal had interrupted everyones conversation about Kalac coming on for a penalty shoot out, I hugged the stranger next to me and kept screaming "We ve Done it, we've donnnnnnnnnnne iiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt!" 

Ulloa's pen v West Ham, the relief of tension, pride for his nerve and composure and then a big F*** you to the ref, Moss for risking all we'd worked so hard for.

Torn between the Derby play off winner and the albeit in vain equaliser v Swindon as for a few minutes we'd played like Barcelona on Acid and you fealt it could only go one way now. Unfortunately the Football League sent a muppet instead of a ref and it wasn't to be.

Can't recall him being on our books (yet) but a lad called Hazard dinked in a beauty vs Bottle'm Twatspurs which caused Leicestershire and my corner of Suffolk to register on the Richter Scale. Actually it didn't in my case, it was literally a silent jaw drop, minutes of forgetting to breathe, goosebumps on goosebumps, some mild heart palpatations and then on the whistle a kind of immediate switch from fear of it not happening to joy resulting in a light headed state of euphoria, laughing at how surreal it was, goosebumps at the on-screen confirmation and coverage, relief that we hadn't messed it up but then remembering our achievement, that it's about the points we earned, not any games the other clubs failed to win. The drink barely registered other than slightly supressing the shaky state of euphoric shock and relief, just wish I could have been there (in the City) dancing in the town hall fountain in just my pants (but only do this on Wednesdays and Fridays) with carefree abandonment and the collective joy. Probably lucky (for all) that I wasn't). 

The combined footage of the Vardy party, the pubs and bars and front rooms and the force-like positive energy from around the world make it a unique celebration, albeit of a goal we didn't score!

So many stand outs, we are so spoilt as fans to have had this many brilliant moments.

Obvious ones are Albrighton vs Sevilla, Vardy at West Brom, Vardy vs United (both times), Ulloa vs West Ham and Mahrez at Man City; however there are so many amazing memories. 

Amartey at Stoke is another I remember being absolute carnage, surprised no one has mentioned that yet. Too many more to even write down tbh.

If you are talking about player goal celebrations - Robbie Savage swan diving into the crowd at home, or the players hoisting Huth up away at Man City for his 2nd or Vardy's "11/heaven".

Fan celebration? Play offs against Palace (An utter frenzy after which I  ended up 3 rows in front of where I started, wet and without my glasses), or our 3rd to make it 3-3 v Swindon, or, most likely, Eden Hazard's pearler in Chelsea v Spurs in May 2016.

:scarf:

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Also Elliot v tranmere at Wembley. Amazing seeing that many City fans celebrating 

Best by far for me.

Although every goal in the 15/16 season meant so much. Starting with celebrating Vardy’s goals towards the record, to the goals that kept the dream going as the season progressed. It’ll be hard to celebrate goals like that again (CL aside). 

1. Tranmere (League Cup Final)

2. Vardy at Newcastle 15/16

3. Vardy and Dyer vs Villa (15/16) - 10 minutes of madness at the end. Fantastic desire to win that game, summed the squad up. 

4. Mark De Vries vs Tottenham (FA Cup 2006)

5. King vs Leeds (Championship 2010) - Saved a draw with a great strike past Kasper. Also saved me a load of stick from the lads I was travelling back with. 

Notable mentions to:

Howard vs Leeds (I just really hate Leeds Utd). 

Hazard vs Tottenham

Albrighton vs Sevilla (I’m sure that would be top if I was there.) 

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Steve Thompson equaliser to make it 3-3 against Swindon at Wembley. Short-lived ecstasy though.

Walshies winner the following year against Derby then topped it.

What an emotional roller coaster that Swindon game was.

Walshie against Derby was amazing as was Claridges vs Palace.

Oh the best equaliser ever, Walshie against Arsenal in the 3-3 draw at Filbo, it went mental, on and off the pitch.

great times 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Claridge shinner against Palace for me ... we all went bonkers.

Also used to enjoy our trips to Highfield Road as we seemed to take the ground over.

If that was the game at Wembley where he scored in the last min of extra time to win us the game? Then that is my fave. Crowd was going totally insane. 

Brings back so many memories, watching this again. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/11124360/The-day-when-Steve-Claridge-wonder-strike-broke-Crystal-Palace-hearts.html

Another favourite for me was the Swansea home match during the Great Escape. I'd done the Bosworth battle field tour and paid my respects to the King in our Cathedral the day before. I actually had a quiet word with him.

It was absolutely vital that we took the points for the immediate future of the club. 1-nil up with the clock ticking down, looking at the watch every 20 seconds and thinking it was almost going backwards, Swansea doing their passing it around in our final third and defensively we drop deeper and deeper. Seemed like It was only a matter of time before they carved out an equalizer when, with 2-3 minutes left, we break out of defence and launch a very rare attack to relieve the pressure as much as anything else. A resultant 25-yard free-kick was bent around the wall by Cambiasso only to be parried out by the Swansea keeper and Kingy gets the rebound.

I was choked at that moment as I knew, that after the depressing 5 months at the foot of the Premier League table and the piss taking, we were actually going to survive. The storm clouds lifted and I floated home. I guess that I wasn't the only one.

We are staying up

Edited by Spudulike
To add the attachment
  • Like 1

Some fantastic memories in this thread. Just to throw one out there -

Fryatts penalty at Southend the day we won League 1 was just absolute carnage, and the celebrations after when the players all came over too. 

13 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Nothing will ever top Albrighton vs Sevilla for me.

Utter madness.

Yeah, there's been some big ones - Ulloa vs Norwich and West Ham, Vardy vs West Brom and ManUtd, Huth vs ManCity, Howard vs Leeds, Dyer vs Bolton, Walsh vs Derby and Arsenal, Claridge vs Palace and Middlesbrough, Parker vs Stoke, James vs Oxforrd etc. etc...

But Albrighton vs Sevilla is undoutably my #1 and it will be hard to ever beat it.

Image result for albrighton sevilla

What a ****ing cult hero. Wrote his name in Leicester history for ever that night. :thumbup: